• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Official ATI 5770 Thread **

Soldato
Does anyone play Left 4 Dead 2 with this card at 1920x1080? Just got the game today and my ageing 8800 GTS 320mb struggles a bit at the higher resolution. I dont really play many PC games these days as I have a PS3 so don't want to spend too much on something that will rarely get used.

Associate
I have played L4D2 on mine BruceLee, maxed out at 1920x1080 with 8xFSAA. It runs absolutely silky smooth, in fact I reckon if it allowed for it you could double the settings and still get really good framerates.

Associate
Ive got some cash put away around £300 for a new video card although i cant decide between the 5870, 5850 or 2 x 5770 :confused: Been like this now since january and i cant make my mind up!

Soldato
I have played L4D2 on mine BruceLee, maxed out at 1920x1080 with 8xFSAA. It runs absolutely silky smooth, in fact I reckon if it allowed for it you could double the settings and still get really good framerates.

Thanks for that, what I expected really :) The 8800 GTS runs quite well although I tried it at 1920 and it looked a lot better than 1280, just it wouldn't run too smoothly. Will probably buy one this week :)

C64

C64

Soldato
Have to say sapphire haven't got a clue look at this support email about problems.
Look at the picture they sent me lol wrong clockspeeds and wrong shaders from their faulty batches.:rolleyes:
Yea thanks sapphire I'll flash a faulty bios to my card then nice advice.
Dear Sir :
Please feedback your SKU# , P/N number that can find at the back of PCB as white stickers.

Then backup your current VBIOS and send back to me , I will check at first , thanks.

You can use GPU-Z to backup the VBIOS.
image001.jpg

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
Hello, i bought a sapphire 5770, and im a bit confused about the heatsink/fan.
Reading on forums there seems to be 2 versions of the reference cooling:
1- The batmobile
2- The egg

The thing is mine resembles none of them, the heatsink itself is like this one
http://www1.sapphiretech.com/us/gallery/img/544/11163-02_HD5770_1GBGDDR5_PCIE_C03.jpg , but the shroud, surprisingly, seems to be that of the 5750. The SKU number is 11163-02-20R.
The heatsink is pretty good, with 2 nice heatpipes. Temps are good, with games toping at the low 60's with the core at 1ghz and the fan is NEVER heard, so im not really worried about what i got, just curious, cause this thing, be with the shroud in the pic above, or like mine with the 5750 shroud(but same heatsink), is not even listed in sapphires webpage.

So anyone seen this heatsink in another brand?
I bought this card in spain btw, and that kind of explains the broken english too.

what is the bios on your card ? if you download gpu-z it can show it

Back
Top Bottom