• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Official ATI 5770 Thread **

Caporegime
Installed mine last night, running 9.12s, no issues in the games I am currently playing (Borderlands and Kings Bounty).

My pc idle draw has dropped from 175w to 120w, and the fan is only marginally louder than my 4870 (to be expected).

Might look at cleaning off the die and using MX-2 if there aren't any 3rd-party coolers.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Replacing the stock stuff with MX-2/3 is meant to knock a good 5C or so off load temps. :)

Think i'm going to finally get round to flashing the ASUS BIOS tonight and go for 1GHz+

Soldato
Crossfire 1ghz/1400 1.25v here.

I have my second card as primary so heat is not so bad.

Anybody care to let me know how you change what card is registered as primary ?

Have 2 5770's in XFire on an X58-UD3R & I'd prefer the lower card to be primary instead as it'll have better airflow around it due to Gigabyte putting the gfx slots too close together...

Soldato
Tried this on my P45 to get around the same vertical line lock (happens in any game after a couple of minutes). It only installed SATA drivers and everything else IntelR is still on 2006 drivers. Didn't fix the lock either :(

Basically I have a useless 5770 :( (BTW this has occurred on all drivers since 9.10)

I'm running a p45 board with no issues. I suspect you, like myself, may have a stability issue at hand. Mine was caused by bad ram, but try running a couple IBT runs and swap some ram out to see if you can find any weak spots.

Soldato
Anybody care to let me know how you change what card is registered as primary ?

Have 2 5770's in XFire on an X58-UD3R & I'd prefer the lower card to be primary instead as it'll have better airflow around it due to Gigabyte putting the gfx slots too close together...

I thought the primary card was which ever one your monitor was plugged into (someone say if i have that wrong). I deffinately noticed a difference to the temps on my top card when i had the monitor plugged into it.

Associate
Hello, i bought a sapphire 5770, and im a bit confused about the heatsink/fan.
Reading on forums there seems to be 2 versions of the reference cooling:
1- The batmobile
2- The egg

The thing is mine resembles none of them, the heatsink itself is like this one
http://www1.sapphiretech.com/us/gallery/img/544/11163-02_HD5770_1GBGDDR5_PCIE_C03.jpg , but the shroud, surprisingly, seems to be that of the 5750. The SKU number is 11163-02-20R.
The heatsink is pretty good, with 2 nice heatpipes. Temps are good, with games toping at the low 60's with the core at 1ghz and the fan is NEVER heard, so im not really worried about what i got, just curious, cause this thing, be with the shroud in the pic above, or like mine with the 5750 shroud(but same heatsink), is not even listed in sapphires webpage.

So anyone seen this heatsink in another brand?
I bought this card in spain btw, and that kind of explains the broken english too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bloody hell.. check this out :eek:

hotpo.jpg

Bit warm.. Right? :o

Back
Top Bottom