• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Official ATI 5770 Thread **

Caporegime
Just set up my 5770s Xfire.

5770Xfire.jpg

Result!

Caporegime
Welcome to the Club Krooton :cool:

Cheers!

I'm very impressed with the power draw actually!

My system idles at 140w now (up from 125w with single 5770).

Load (Unigine Heaven becnhmark) with crossfire disabled is 220w, and 270w with both cards on!

I've maxed out all the settings in ME2 and it's smooth as silk now, yay!

Annoyingly, the shroud cooler does seem to run 5ºC hotter than the egg, but max temp is 75ºC with Furmark, and didn't break 69ºC after an hour of ME2.

C64

C64

Soldato
Finally got mine sorted out had to have an ati bios on it in the end so it would clock to 850/1200 in 3d mode was stuck on 600/1200.
It's this one seems pretty rare.
21163-02_HD5770_1GBGDDR5_PCIE_C03.jpg

Associate
Has anybody managed to fix the screen flickering issues if you enable overdrive and overclock the card at all whilst using dual screens?

I've got this same problem, i recall a hotfix came out to fix the 58xx series but nothing for us 5770 owners, it's rather annoying as i can't really overclock. 1ghz on the core comes easy with one monitor but 2 causes issues but i need two monitors so i'm stuck at stock for now :(. Anybody got any advice on this?

Soldato
I've got this same problem, i recall a hotfix came out to fix the 58xx series but nothing for us 5770 owners, it's rather annoying as i can't really overclock. 1ghz on the core comes easy with one monitor but 2 causes issues but i need two monitors so i'm stuck at stock for now :(. Anybody got any advice on this?

If you are sure on the clocks flash the bios with RBE/ATIFLASH to set them.

Associate
If you are sure on the clocks flash the bios with RBE/ATIFLASH to set them.

Sounds risky i'll give it a miss, i specifically bought the ASUS for the voltage tweaking thing and the warranty attached, i'm not going to negate that by flashing it. Ironic really that i can't use it because i use more than one screen. I hear it's because of the 2d Clocks, anybody know of a way to keep these up?

Associate
I read the same about 2d clocks. If you have dual screens and enable overdrive then it drops the clocks to 157 / 400 rather than 400/800 if you only had 1 screen attached. I flashed all the 2d clock settings (3 sets) to 600 / 800 and it still screen flickers as soon as i enable overdrive.

Associate
I read the same about 2d clocks. If you have dual screens and enable overdrive then it drops the clocks to 157 / 400 rather than 400/800 if you only had 1 screen attached. I flashed all the 2d clock settings (3 sets) to 600 / 800 and it still screen flickers as soon as i enable overdrive.

Looks like it'll be a case of waiting for new drivers and hoping they fix it, it is rather annoying though, i would have bought the cheaper version otherwise, not to mention OcUK have their product description wrong on it, only has 3 outputs and only 1 DVI not the 2 it states. Luckily it has a HDMI adapter so i got away with it.

EDIT i also saw something on ati forums i might try:

Hello, I had the same problem with a Powercolor 5750 I would get a flicker on my second monitor when I tried to use the Overdrive feature. Turning 'off' fixed flicker but what good is that?

To FIX the flicker and use the overdrive; simply GROUP the 2 monitors together(if u have dual display) To group simply hit the upside down black triangle -> and choose "Create Group" in CCC -> Desktop and Displays.

I stumbled across this while trying to eyefini**** to work, to my surprise you need a monitor with "DisplayPort" which are still pricey or buy a $100 "Active" displayport adapter!!!

Hope this helps. I'd like to know if this fix works for anyone else

I have a feeling it wont work but i'm hoping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom