Votes: 481 33.4%
  • Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
I think having everything on high means it is loading large texture files into your Vram for ages. I have 2Gb of VRAM and coming from 512mb, it now takes an eternity to load, hence the buying of an SSD.

I have textures on high and everything else on medium with my 8800 GTS 640 and get in very quickly. I'm only running a 500GB Samsung F1 drive as my OS and programs disk. I suspect the issue is not hardware related and more of a connection thing.

OcUK Tech team are playing tonight

10pm

anyone is free to join

IP: 85.236.102.73:19667
Name: Overclockers UK
Slots:32 players

Ranked

see you in there

Im doing a full rebuild so will be on in about two hours for the rest of the day at TFU, ill try and find this new OcUK one and give it a go as well :)

10pm

anyone is free to join

Ranked

see you in there

Was trying to fin this server last night couldn't for the sake of me spot it on the list, anyone else been able to spot it or am i just being blind ?

I'm not so sure SSDs make quite as much difference to load times as people think. It's likely more about CPU/GPUs. I have an i7 and get in much quicker than my mate who is on an i5 but with SSD.

600mb for the patch?! Steam better release it this afternoon then or bang goes another evening of gaming.

Its over rated, reloads slower and less powerful at range ;)

best sniper by miles, sec best is the first one you get ;)

like cod 4 the nabs that new used the original one and the nabs that didnt used all the other gadgets and such.

gol is best sniper hands down.

as for red dots just leave em off use iron sights

Conflicting opinions ***! Looks like some hands on testing is needed :D anyone care to volunteer their head?

10pm

anyone is free to join

Ranked

see you in there

Was trying to fin this server last night couldn't for the sake of me spot it on the list, anyone else been able to spot it or am i just being blind ?

heres what you need to add to your gamesettings file, add it to favourite games.

1005800484,e50e6910-e62b-4386-bd98-4745e507d767,OcUK BFBC2 Server;

By the way im not 100% that this is the right one.

If its not the one above it could be this one, but this one is only 16 slot and its squad deathmatch

556859175,c8aeff82-6bac-435c-9211-0471219164b2,Overclockers UK;

Last edited:
just try them it not hard to see. all you get with later unlocks is like cod 4 a load of addons that do shizzle and make the actual weapon worse.

all guns you get half way through seem to be the best. use iron sights aswell on machine guns and forget red sight noobery :p

also i bet in a few months time all the hardcore players will be ragers when they try to play normal mode and cant kill anything. it will be lag ,bad server or anything else :D

I'm not convinced SSD's have much of an impact on getting into the server quicker either. I've got two 320GB drives in RAID0 for my OS + programs but they're slow seek, and nowhere near an SSD. However I do have 16GB of ram, and was always the first into a BETA round no matter what.

I think my slow CPU (2GHz pentium dual core) is what is slowing down my load times, it takes me about 1 and a half to 2 min to load each round. And what can make things worse is when it loads a round, and then suddenly the server changes map so I have double the ammount of loading, or on conquest where the rounds are much shorter but the loading is just as long, so I have to play through more loading in total.

I would have thought that one thing that could be the slow point in loading maps is that not only do you have to load everything from the HDD, but perhaps there also has to be some phsyics stuff calculated for all the structures and destructables, which could make the level loading partial dependant on CPU.

Back
Top Bottom