*** Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread ***

Man of Honour
Right, there are already enough threads on this and as launch day approaches I can see the forum getting flooded with topics so let's keep all information and discussion about MW2 in one place :)

Man of Honour
OP
umm i may get it but looking at the first vid there seems to be some huge auto aiming going on.

There was a huge amount of auto aim in CoD4/WaW as well, it's why the recent console versions have been so successful. It's not a bad thing to have on console FPS games.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah true enough but in that first video they are discussing it's a multiplayer map/game and that doesn't have auto aim that flicks to the nearest enemy.

Anyone that thinks MP has auto aim is wrong.

It doesn't have the "snap to head" aiming system that's in single player but it has these auto aiming properties in multiplayer:

- Auto tracking: Where the crosshair will move for you to follow an opponent to some extent (this is why your aim can get "pulled away" when another opponent runs between the one you're aiming at and you). This can be tested in 2 player on one console. I can make a character rotate by almost 90 degrees without touching that players controller by strafing slowly in front of them and letting the auto aim do its thing.

- Context aware aiming speed: As you get your crosshair closer to an opponent the aiming movement speed slows down to assist in aiming.

- Bullet magnetism: Especially noticeable with snipers or the ACOG scope, this is where bullets can hit even if the crosshair is not on the opponent.

CoD definitely has a lot of auto aiming features in multiplayer, but it's needed when using a console pad to play an FPS game and it's a large part of why CoD multiplayer is so successful :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I never got why they limited the original COD:MW to 16 players online.

The PC version made it feel like a ghost town.

I prefer the smaller numbers, although it means my random grenades and lmg spray through walls in hardcore mode get me less noob kills :(

Man of Honour
OP
i was saying to faded last night,that a good perk they should have added would be blood trails,like if you wound a guy ,he should leave a blood trail,and you have to have a certain perk to be able to see it and track it.Would help when you shoot the crap out of some one and they just dissapear

More interesting perks like that would be great!

Man of Honour
OP
They don't need a Beta do they? If it's just an expansion of their previous engine and platform, and they know what's popular and what will sell well then why risk a Beta that could put people off if it's not going to generate many extra sales or provide much needed feedback?

Man of Honour
OP
Not for ranking up :D

I think most of the maps produced for 4 are pretty naff. The games superb even though the maps are a bit crap. None of them really made me think awesome when they came up in rotation. I quite like countdown on S&D and district for headquarters.

I wouldn't pay for any of them if released on a map pack tbh. I hope the new maps are far more interesting.

I thinks they're all "OK", which is far better than having a few great ones and a load of crap ones you hate playing imo.

Man of Honour
OP
Everyone seems to hate the map with the missile silos. Every time that comes on, everyone votes to skip it. I think it's okay. :confused:

I love it, but only for the reasons Robert hates it :p

I can spam grenades to get loads of kills then camp around the edges with my sniper :p

Back
Top Bottom