*** Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread ***

Anyone finding like 30% or more of thier shots simply don't register as a hit?

It looks even more obvious in killcams, sometimes i can get off two or more reasonable shots before i die and none seem to hit and then when i die i see maybe one shot come out my gun and thats if any do, often it looks like im just standing there doing nothing or running like an idiot.

My connection isnt too bad, 4.5mbps down and 768kbps up, pings around 40 to 50, should be more like 25 but sky doesn't put you on adsl fastpath or something like that, i also port forwarded but never appear to get host, used to be top most of the time in cod4 but now find im lucky to get there in kills, i can still get top by points though, enjoying the game otherwise, just seems a bit of a let down this. :(

I have 12Mb down and 1.3Mb up, 11ms ping to bbc news and I suffer from this all the time. In most of my kill cam views my bullets never seem to have been fired :(

Also why the **** don't the pave low kills count towards your kill streak? Is that a glitch. Just got 23 kills and it didn't register. Got to 9 kills then called in the pave low. I got the 9 so fast I missed calling in the Harrier and Predator. Called them in afterwards and still didn't beat 14 kills.

Thats twice today it's happened.

That happens to me whenever streaks stack up, if there's no stacking then they do count.

They best fix this damn game pretty soon, starting to hate it.

Try and play any of the game types and more than half the other team won't be trying to play it properly, just going for the cheap kills/kill streaks. Boring as hell.

All they need to do to fix it is BETTER reward the people playing the game type properly - 1000 points for flag/hq capture whatever. Undermine those that aren't playing the game type as it is intended. Or disable killstreaks in gametypes or limit them them in some way. When a game type ISN'T about winning via number of kills then then they shouldn't be rewarded as such.

Didn't get bored of CoD 4 as quickly as I am this one.

Might have to stick to DM/TDM/FFA for any kind of fun/fair experience.

Just stopping k/d counting towards your overall k/d in non-deathmatch games would stop a lot of that.

Yep same here... I routinely run round a corner and blast people with shotguns only to see that on his killcam that he could see me for ages and no shots came out of my gun. It seriously seems like > 0.5 seconds of lag.

It honestly makes the riot shield useless most of the time, I'll be facing the enemy dead on and then wonder why he's killed me, when I watch the killcam according to his screen I wasn't facing him at all. Same with other people using the riot shield, I was at the side of someone yesterday and knifed him in the side, yet on his screen he was facing me and I knifed his shield.

Sick of the knife failing to work too, I'll pop round a corner and press knife only to die the same split second I pressed it, on the killcam he's got enough time to empty half a clip of UMP into me. Sometimes I press the knife button and nothing happens.

Thats another thing, I'll be running along and then all I hear is BANG and I'm dead, when I watch the killcam someone will have sprayed me and hit with 5 - 6 bullets, but on my screen I heard no gun, bullet or impact sounds, just BANG and I die.

lol rant rant rant.

Sounds like you need to stop cheesing the shotguns/knife :p

1887's take away the skill factor. i dont get why they did it

So scrubs can have fun too.

I think I figured out why the host has been switching so much for me over the past week. It seems people are running their 360 through their PC's with Zone Alarm running, they then set their security to high and at the right moment lower it back down to medium, which when done correctly will give them the host almost everytime. People used to do it in Halo 2 and it was called bridging, but it isn't anywhere near as common in Halo 3 because Bungie now has the tools to monitor the games so when someone tries to bridge it is flagged on Bungies system and if they do it enough times it's obvious that they are cheating so Bungie then bans them from playing the game online permanently.

This is the kind of **** we have to put up with when they insist on using our connections as host since it is just open to abuse. It seems to happen in Gears of War 2 aswell, but they can't do anything about it because they don't have the tools to monitor who is doing it.
I thought I would enjoy the game more when the Javelin + Care package glitchers were gone, but they just seem to have been replaced with Nuke boosters or someone trying to get the host even though their connection isn't the best of the bunch, which then always ends up with it switching the host mid game because his connection is a load of crap.

All they need to do is add an artificial latency to the host equal to the average latency of all players. Tada, no one wants host now :p

Anyway, you WERE a Javelin glitcher, and really enjoyed it, so no wonder you like it less now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom