• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Soldato
yeah after 10 years in the industry im doing it wrong... please dont post supid remarks to which you know nothing about.
On the same topic being in the industry yes a lot faults are user error as i deal with it every day but a monkey can install a driver for godness sake

Back on topic i did see a increase in vantage but that does not mean much....some real world game bench's before and after will tell more

Oooohh, Mr experienced eh?

Obviously not........ Why did it take 3 installs?

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
Oooohh, Mr experienced eh?

Obviously not........ Why did it take 3 installs?

Dude, I don't know you or anything, but why the air of superiority over everyone else? Lots of people are having problems with these drivers, myself included; I haven't managed to get them to install properly once, they just switch the monitors off and force a reset. Luckily when the system comes back after a reboot they're installed and working but it's far from ideal and I don't trust it too much.

Come back when you've developed a personality.

Soldato
Dude, I don't know you or anything, but why the air of superiority over everyone else? Lots of people are having problems with these drivers, myself included; I haven't managed to get them to install properly once, they just switch the monitors off and force a reset. Luckily when the system comes back after a reboot they're installed and working but it's far from ideal and I don't trust it too much.

Come back when you've developed a personality.

just ignore them mate...just kids trying to act up and if there not kids they really need to wind their neck in....you at lest need a degree to downlaod a driver and double click it then press next a couple time lol. you cant say you like ATI/Nividia/xbox/ps3 without being a fanboi or a noob good god get grip and take to another forum that has better trolls. Ok now i had a rant i tryed some games ,left for dead,wow,grid...and not seeing any change in fps but vantage has nice boosts.....any one else coming up with that?

Associate
so....

I downloaded this from the ATI site and it has had the kind of effect I would expect from a virus.

I can no longer play football manager as the screen is hugely magnified and I cannot even get to the options to change the scale etc.

I have had 3 BSOD's on an otherwise problem free machine.

WTF????

Soldato
so....

I downloaded this from the ATI site and it has had the kind of effect I would expect from a virus.

I can no longer play football manager as the screen is hugely magnified and I cannot even get to the options to change the scale etc.

I have had 3 BSOD's on an otherwise problem free machine.

WTF????

yep i had the same install prob mate....i just uninstalled and tryed again worked on the 3rd time lol...if you read back through the thrad your doing it wrong lol:p

Associate
yep i had the same install prob mate....i just uninstalled and tryed again worked on the 3rd time lol...if you read back through the thrad your doing it wrong lol:p

Which page all I see is some childish bickering and other stressed out individuals such as myself.

:)

I hate this... I thought to myself " You don't need to update the drivers all you're playing at the moment is FM10 you don't need to eek out extra performance....

GHAAAAAAAAAAA

Associate
BTW I have tried going back to my old drivers and have evn now tried using the original driver disc that came with my Sapphire 5870 and I am still getting the same problems.... wtf??

Anyone?

Associate
Sorted.... I had to completely uninstall the card and then install again using original drivers.

Honestly what a **** driver!

I'm glad to see there are a few people that haven't had as many problems with them. I'm new to PC's but I am def getting an Nvidia card next buy. I have had nothing but problems with the 5870's since purchase. Proper cack

Caporegime
All those having probs, and so switching to Nvidia (but why you don't just roll back to an old driver that works like the Nvidia owners, i don't know), just remember, when you all switch to them, once you get problems with their cack drivers, you're all ******, as no one else makes gfx cards, so you'll have to get yourselves consoles, or wait and see if Intel resurrect their Larabee, so you can try their drivers for those. :)

Soldato
Is everybody here with problems using Driversweeper by any chance?

I'd remove the WDDM drivers that are the first ones Windows 7 uses on a fresh install as everytime you uninstall ATI Catalyst drivers Win7 will try to re-install them and then you try to sweep and it borks the driver install.....

To do that express uninstall all ati software in programs and features and reboot. Let the WDDM drivers install and reboot if asked.

Go into device manager and uninstall your cards from there, selecting delete driver software from this computer as you go.

Reboot, if windows boots in VGA mode and asks you for a driver then job done, if it installs an earlier WDDM driver repeat the above step until it no longer automatically installs any drivers.

Run CCleaner registry check if you must but there's no need, and there's especially no need to use driversweeper.

Run the Cat installer as normal. Now when you uninstall ATI drivers Win 7 will reboot in VGA mode which is what you want.

There's no need to uninstall ATI drivers when you update as ATI's install manager will tkae care of everything for you, but if you feel the need to uninstall everytime then you should remove all WDDM drivers too.

Associate
There's no need to uninstall ATI drivers when you update as ATI's install manager will tkae care of everything for you, but if you feel the need to uninstall everytime then you should remove all WDDM drivers too.

I'd generally agree with you on this Kitch9 as I have always done it this way but I had an absolute mare with ATi's 9.11 drivers on my system after I installed them over the top of the 9.10s, after removing them and reinstalling, all my problems just disappeared :) So to be cautious I think I am going to routinely use the ATi uninstall utility from now on, just my pennies worth...

regards,
J.

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

Its amazing how we all have different experiences with the same product. I have always installed new drivers over old and just let Ati manager manage. Touch wood never had a problem yet.

That is the nature of computers, every single one is different.

Soldato
I'd generally agree with you on this Kitch9 as I have always done it this way but I had an absolute mare with ATi's 9.11 drivers on my system after I installed them over the top of the 9.10s, after removing them and reinstalling, all my problems just disappeared :) So to be cautious I think I am going to routinely use the ATi uninstall utility from now on, just my pennies worth...

regards,
J.

Have you got rid of the WDDM drivers too from Windows CAB files?

If you don't get rid of them Windows just tries to install them automatically when you uninstall drivers, and then when people try to sweep at this point it can cause issues to the point a OS re-install is needed.

Windows treats us all like retards out of the box and there is no way to stop this auto install action unless you make sure there is nothing to install in the first place.

You'll find once you do this life is easier.

Associate
I haven't in the past but after reading your post I will, thanks. I always just used to install over the top to be honest, I have never understood all this drivercleaner stuff etc, most of the time a reboot hasn't even been required but those 9.11s caused me so much trouble. I'm bookmarking this thread so that I remember in the future,

thanks m8 :)
J.

Associate
Is everybody here with problems using Driversweeper by any chance?
I had problems but did the same as I always do... simply install the new drivers over the old ones. I've never bothered uninstalling drivers first and I've never had problems before. These drivers simply aren't up to the quality that ATI usually has, which is a shame. That said things really aren't that bad but they clearly rushed the launch of the 5xxx series.

Back
Top Bottom