• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Soldato
Do these drivers switch an inactive card off if you have crossfire?

Overdrive is saying my second card is off when I'm in desktop.

*Edit* Just found out they do and its by design. Ultra low power saving mode. Sweet.

Last edited:
Associate
MMMM after reading about i think i will stick with the 9.11's as they work perfect with the crossfire 4890's.

So are these the do all die for 20% increase drivers that were being touted the last 4 weeks or so?

The reports so far dont look promising on that front. why oh why do Ati do this every time. great hardware, they have the lead and ruin it with poor drivers and faulse promises ect.

who regrets selling there 295GTX's now?

Soldato
MMMM after reading about i think i will stick with the 9.11's as they work perfect with the crossfire 4890's.

So are these the do all die for 20% increase drivers that were being touted the last 4 weeks or so?

The reports so far dont look promising on that front. why oh why do Ati do this every time. great hardware, they have the lead and ruin it with poor drivers and faulse promises ect.

who regrets selling there 295GTX's now?

Yea im thinking that fermi might be my next card had nothing but trouble with my 4870 x2 over last 6 months i have had it ati have ****e driver support its a disgrace.

OCP

OCP

Associate
fan boy? lol. People seem to be getting nice boosts from vantage scores and i'm defo getting over 10% increase on Dirt 2 and I can notice it. The promise in performance boost isn't 100% false, near enough all companies makes statements like that but there is always strings attached.

User error indeed.

Soldato
Going back to 9.11 Hotfix, for some reason CCC overclocking is messed up with these my overclocks just don't seem to be applied properly and I didn't see any convincing boosts with them

OCP

OCP

Associate
Going back to 9.11 Hotfix, for some reason CCC overclocking is messed up with these my overclocks just don't seem to be applied properly and I didn't see any convincing boosts with them

I flashed my 5870 with the MSI bios and used Afterburner with 9.11. I installed 9.12 without removing 9.11 first then it reset all settings. I just set the settings back and I'm good as gold.

Soldato
You are doing it wrong....

Plain and simple user error I'm afraid.

yeah after 10 years in the industry im doing it wrong... please dont post supid remarks to which you know nothing about.
On the same topic being in the industry yes a lot faults are user error as i deal with it every day but a monkey can install a driver for godness sake

Back on topic i did see a increase in vantage but that does not mean much....some real world game bench's before and after will tell more

Soldato
I flashed my 5870 with the MSI bios and used Afterburner with 9.11. I installed 9.12 without removing 9.11 first then it reset all settings. I just set the settings back and I'm good as gold.

Having a ball ache overclocking my powercolor cards they just don't want to play ball, maybe I should look into flashing the bios.

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
4870x2 runs like a dog on thease.. Ati need to fire the driver coders and get someone else in..

Roll on nvidias new cards.. tbh.

Same here unfortunately, most games I haven't noticed too many problems in but they're nowhere near as good as the 9.11's.

I hate getting on the bandwagon but come on ATi, sort yourselves out :/ Maybe it's a case of having to develop for so many different cards?

Back
Top Bottom