• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Associate
Sorry if this has been answered guys but I can't find it, does this new driver allow crossfire and eyefinity for all applications or only ones that ATI have created profiles for.

If its for any I might swap my 295 for a couple of 5870's (if I can get them!)

Regards
Fred

Soldato
Weird. Benchmarked my system with dirt2, got 51.7 average, 36.8 min fps using the 9.11's.
Updated to the 9.12s, now I'm getting 47.2 av, 36.9min. So I'd rather have the 4 average fpses over the 0.1 minimum increase.

Going to install the hotfix ones now, see if they give me my performance back XD

Soldato
Weird. Benchmarked my system with dirt2, got 51.7 average, 36.8 min fps using the 9.11's.
Updated to the 9.12s, now I'm getting 47.2 av, 36.9min. So I'd rather have the 4 average fpses over the 0.1 minimum increase.

Going to install the hotfix ones now, see if they give me my performance back XD

Report back please when done, would like to see if the "hotfix" drivers work. Thanks.

Associate

I got similar results with the hemlock drivers from november 11th compared to the 9.12

Soldato
Report back please when done, would like to see if the "hotfix" drivers work. Thanks.

Did three tests of the hotfix, since the first two had major crashes in them (What a useless benchmark! >_<)

First run: 50.3 average, 38.0 minimum
Second: 50.0 average, 35.9 minimum

Third: 49.3 av, 40.4 minimum

I'd use the third one since that race was very similar to the two I got when benchmarking the two other drivers. So, in all its lowered the average fps by a couple, but raised the minimum in exchange. So, I'm going to keep these, I think. Its not noticable really in Dirt2 anyway, but I'd rather have a better minimum fps, I think, makes slowdowns less noticable.

Sorry its not a better set of benchmarks, its the only game I have (I think) with a proper benchmark tool :p

Edit: When I said major crashes, I meant cars, not the drivers.
And when I say drivers, I mean the graphics drivers, not the people driving the cars which crashed! :D

Soldato
ati.png

3 reformats, card back to stock and this is the error im getting best bit is the 9.11's wont install now...............

Caporegime

Losing a few frames/gaining a few average and minimum is normal, as the races are never the same, waste of time judging on that. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Any gains on 4870x2, what from I read seems to be a lot of problems, still on 9.11 bit dubious about these.

Just do what I did. Benchmark your card on as many games you have that have proper benchmarks, note the results down, try the 9.12s and try again, then try the hotfixes. Not as good as it used to be, then just grab the 9.11's again and go back to them. It'll take about half an hour of messing around, but eh, its the best way :)

Associate
I am having a new issues with the 9.12 now. on call of duty modern warfare 2. When i am flashed as soon as the white goes the screen flickers for a few seconds so i cannot see properly and get killed as a result of it. I did not have this issues with the 9.11

I used to get that around this time last year.....bloody nightmare Don't think I will install these as everything works as it should with 9.11

Back
Top Bottom