*** Official DCS World Thread ***

Soldato
Cockpit is fully clickable apart from a few things which are still to be added. Remember it is a beta and things can change.

As for flying, totally different experience from the a10, as there isn't as much to do within the cockpit. As for pure flying, then it is as much fun as any other heli I have flown in games/sims.

Soldato
Where do you guys gather to fly? Same place you guys play wasteland/arma etc?

A few of us got into DCS A10 after burning out from arma for a bit so the experienced guys have been teaching flight noobs like me.

Would love to come play some time in the A10. i've also got FC3 and while the dogfights are amazing, a lack of clicky cockpit just does my head in. too many keys to remember. That F15 really is a dream to fly though. Climbs like a beast and looks/sounds godly.

One of our members played a lot of DCSA10 back when it came out (hes a pilot IRL too! so teaches good ;) )

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74022 He made this which is basically an A10 domination (from arma)

Perhaps in time we could get something going. He still has a few of us to teach though. We know most systems at a basic/medium level. But we sure as hell suck at formation flight and we quickly forget things if we dont play for a week. Its not become second nature yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah that mission i linked up there you just type "task" in chat at you'll be given an objective. And once you complete it you can type it again and it will pop a new random one up. Think there is a pool of 10 of them. And they're quite target rich objectives and some of them have some bite with the amount of AA. Good fun.

Associate
Despite the whole BS > BS2 controvesry and my ever continuting lack of money, the DCS products are starting to look mighty tempting to me. I've always had a soft spot for the A10, but looking at some of the videos on youtube makes me realise how horrendoudly complex it is. Makes the PMDG 737 (and a real 737 for that matter) look like a toy in some aspects!

Soldato
For all its complexity. It also makes sense. When you tackle it as a single problem. its impossible but breaking it down into topics its quite easy.

Learn to start up and take off

then learn to land. and some navigation stuff

Then look into thnigs like targeting systems then weapons.

Maybe not that order. but you have to approach it like that.

Soldato
Only saw this thread now, fair play Lurkio, a great opening post (may I suggest a few small screens of the aircraft for the OP?). I think I'll finally retire my old thread and post any news we get this one - if no one objects?

Eagle Dynamics are giving updates bit more frequently now (supposedly every Friday) The last one or two updates are below.

17 May 2013 Update

This week we released a new update to DCS, version 1.2.4.12179.160. This added a number of changes and fixes that can be found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...51&postcount=4

The team is already at work on a third and final update to version 1.2.4 that will address some additional pressing issues (increase stability, anti-radiation missile accuracy, A-10C RWR, and others) before moving on to version 1.2.5.

We are also working on improving mission and campaign selection screens within the GUI for single missions, training missions and campaigns. See attached.

On the new product front, a lot of effort is now being devoted to the advanced flight models for the F-15C and the Su-27. In parallel, BST is working to finalize the UH-1H and they are already working on their Mi-8.

As for our F/A-18C Hornet, the new external model can already be seen in DCS World and work on the cockpit has been ongoing for quite a awhile. Once the last of the FC3 avionics bugs have been squashed, much of our avionics programming staff will move on to the Hornet.

Matt

7 May 2013 Update

I will be out of town this Friday. So this, combined with a post of the Russian forums, has led me to release this week's update a bit early.

This week we released an update to version 1.2.4 that included several changes that were planned for the initial 1.2.4 release but did not make it in time. With that out of the way, the team is working hard on version 1.2.5 that will further address remaining bugs in DCS World and its modules. As always, we'll be throwing in some new features as well. When we get close to finalizing 1.2.5, I'll post the preliminary change log to give you a heads up.

In addition to the never-ending quest for DCS perfection (yes, we have dreams too), we are working on releasing the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker for DCS World later this year. As I have mentioned in the past, DCS is not confined to one time period, one location or one level of detail. While DCS modules have focused on a very high level of detail, we also realize that there are many (often silent) users that wish for a shallower learning curve. In fact, the Lock On / Flaming Cliffs series has been our most successful. As such, the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker will be catered to them. Both of these aircraft will have the same detailed 3D models, cockpits and sounds of the Flaming Cliffs 3 versions, but we will be adding an Advanced Flight Model (AFM) for each.

We also want to release these aircraft in such a manner to allow users that are not interested in Flaming Cliffs 3, or do not have a Lock On installation, to still have these aircraft in their DCS World stable of aircraft, but at a greatly reduced price.

This is not to say that we will not also continue to create very high level of detail simulations. At a later point, we will further develop these aircraft to include mouse clickable cockpit and the same level of detail as the DCS: A-10C Warthog, but that is a massive effort that will take time.

In the meantime, the F/A-18C Hornet is still planned but we want it to be at the same level as our A-10C. Because of this, development will take much longer compared to the Eagle and Flanker projects to be released this year.

Matt

A few notes based on my skimming of the discussion thread:

1- There has been no decision regarding pricing yet.

2- There has been no decision regarding discounts to current FC3 customers or including the advanced flight models as free FC3 update. This is certainly something that we will be discussing internally over the coming weeks.

3- Trying to place a release date around one of the high-fidelity aircraft modules would only be an educated guess that would more likely than not bite us in the butt later if the date was missed and features changed. The same applies to any sort of public "road map" that would even more likely change. We're not going down that road again.

4- Regarding the change in the 03 May 2013 language, plans change or new information comes to light that will modify previously expressed plans and intentions. While we want to better provide you earlier news of upcoming products, the price is that at times our plans and intentions will change. For instance, I only learned of the feature intentions of the F-15C and Su-27 a very short time ago. The alternative is that we go back to only discussing new products once they are 100% final. Your actions will determine my decision.

5- The new F-15C and Su-27 have no significant impact on the development of the high-fidelity module aircraft. In fact, they benefit them by bringing in additional income to fund that development.

6- We understand and fully empathize with the desire of many members here for high-fidelity module aircraft ASAP. Rest assured that they are coming and we are certainly not delaying them in favor of lesser fidelity modules. However, it seems some here vastly underestimate the amount of time and money it takes to create one of these.

Nate

Soldato
OP
Nate if you have any links to small sized pics of the planes that could be used above
each planes section that would be handy. small ones or narrow banner type ones maybe ?

As for news, I have created a news section in the first post linking all news
and "discussion" threads on ED forums

Soldato
OP
Discovered a bug today when practising landing on a moving ship

This is me landed on the moving ship
LdONq47.jpg

This is what my mate saw (iam heli off to the right of the ship - NOT the rear one)
i2zQm2R.jpg

Something sure aint right :(

Please keep images to below 1280px wide or post them in spoiler tags like I've done for you - Rilot

Soldato
Just got Helios huey profile working with my iPad, loads of controls now touchscreen clickable.

Using air display to set up the ipad as a second monitor..

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom