*** Official DCS World Thread ***

Associate
This bit about AirDisplay worries me

airdisplay blurb said:
Aero and DirectX will be disabled while connected to Air Display, and re-enabled upon disconnection

Is DCS an openGL title or DirectX?

Soldato
This bit about AirDisplay worries me

Is DCS an openGL title or DirectX?

Works absolutely fine mate...

Have had no problems what so ever..

Anyone that wants to know what it is about, here is the website..

http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/node/2

Lots of profiles for A10, BS2 etc...

Basically, all you need to do is open up your chosen profile in the Helios editor. Then open up another instance of the editor, where you will see you ipad next to your monitor.

Copy and paste all the graphics from the main profile using crtl-a into your ipad screen, crtl-v.

Resize it by selecting all again in the ipad screen, then holding shift drag the blue line to the correct screen size.

Obviously you have to have Air Display connected for the ipad.

Also there are instruction on that website that might help android tab users.. If not I am sure you can get a similar prog to air display..

14dmy5w.jpg

It also has the kneeboard map built in, top right changes from lights to map using the buttons at the bottom. Some buttons aren't working at the moment, you can see them greyed out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just curious why you would want to turn it off? Surely the more immersion the better, no?

Anyway, a small update on my Helios Profile which is still WIP just now.. Mainly for Ipad just now, Fuse panel is complete, just got to figure out a few things. Nav and Comms panel is going to be a pain, as I need to learn how to output the panels could take me a while. :(

16jpxty.jpg

Also, and I cannot believe I am saying this. but I have been away investigating USB panels that allow direct wiring in from toggle switches etc.. Guess I might be pit building soon :)

Soldato
Also, and I cannot believe I am saying this. but I have been away investigating USB panels that allow direct wiring in from toggle switches etc.. Guess I might be pit building soon :)

STOP! Before you start going down that path, you'll save yourself a huge amount of time, money and hassle by just getting rid of the Mrs now while you have the chance before you start any serious work.

Its for the best. ;)

Soldato
LoL @ Jack....

Will do crap, I'll do my best, although there are a few videos out there on the tube..

I am guessing you are just wanting one on how to install configure etc. Not a tut that describes how to build your own panel.

Soldato
OP
@Crap you gonna be online tonight , after all it Friday Night flight night at havoc company!

@MarkeR , turn it off = much better frame rates. If you want to fly with us sometime get on our teamspeak some evening (details in the link in my sig)

Soldato
Will do mate.

Been looking for online flying, still working on my landings though..

Probably Monday night at earliest have kids over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom