Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Berno said:
Hi All

Does anyone think ill have any problems running 2GB of OCZ platinum REV2 PC3200
Using 4x 512MB Sticks on a DFI NF4 SLI-DR mobo.

I already have 2x512mb running perfect, Iv purchased 1GB more and read on another forum it can cause issues

Cheers Paul

No it should be Ok, but you will have to run them as 2T

fullfat said:
ok, just spent half hour searching this mamoth thread for an answer.
ive got a ultra-d and ive just bought some new ram, its generic stuff with hynix chips on the boards, is this going to cause me problems at all? ive read that it wont work :(
i need some confidence from someone whos got hynix chips working with this board, im only going to run it at stock so im not going to overclock it.

anyone got anything for me?
:D

Did they work?

Yo!

My first post in this thread, sorry I didn't read it all there's quite a bit!

Just got a few questions about my Ultra-D...

My chipset is up to 55 degrees which is not good right? It's on 1.8v but even at stock volts its low 50s. This is IDLE! Anyone know the best (cheap) heatsink for it is? I have a couple lying around that I could mod to fit, any ideas on how get either of THESE to work? (the buttons top right are standard arrow keys for size reference)

Also, why don't some of the dividers work? Is it my CPU or the BIOS?

Berno said:
Will it only work in 2T mode, Will this give me a noticable decrease in performance over 1T

cheers
I read over on DFI Street that 1t - 2t makes very little difference. Have a look over ther, I think it is Angry Gamer (the site guru) who did a load of tests that showed this.

Slow Loading

Hi guys

Ive just refromatted and reinstalled everything on my ultra-d this time i installed the IDE-sw drivers for the nforce chipset after realising this was the only way to fix my drives being forced in pio mode,now they run at there proper speeds with these installed ,but im finding ,i dont know if its an ything to do with these drivers or not? that when i try and open a pro it takes a few seconds to open things like say if i go and open word it takes a while for it to open and if i say run an .exe file within an open window the open windows border will constantly flash ontil the file opens,If you get what i mean :confused:

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

I have it setup as the following

Sata1: Samsung spinpoint sp2004 1 whole 200gb partition for windows apps games .etc

IDE 1 primary : 60gb Hd where ive relocated my docs / downloads /temp/tmp/cache/cookies/favs/outlook data file on here in 4 partitions

IDE 2: PRI:DVDRW SEC:DVDROM

any ideas would be great thanks :)

Hi all.
I did make a post about this in the CPU forums, but it seems to have mysteriously dissapeared, so i shall repost it here.
I have just setup my new rig, opteron 144 CAB2E, with the DFI NF3 UT-D. I have a freezer64 pro with AS5 paste.
MBM5 is recording the cpu temp at an average of 49C, however, it keeps randomly jumping between 29C and 49C, this is at stock settings. I have reseated the CPU/fan several times, has anyone else had this problem?
Its really annoying as i want to overclock this baby, but dont wanna fry my chip :(

Itsjody said:
Hi all.
I did make a post about this in the CPU forums, but it seems to have mysteriously dissapeared, so i shall repost it here.
I have just setup my new rig, opteron 144 CAB2E, with the DFI NF3 UT-D. I have a freezer64 pro with AS5 paste.
MBM5 is recording the cpu temp at an average of 49C, however, it keeps randomly jumping between 29C and 49C, this is at stock settings. I have reseated the CPU/fan several times, has anyone else had this problem?
Its really annoying as i want to overclock this baby, but dont wanna fry my chip :(
Id suggest a new thread considering its regarding the DFI NF3 and not the NF4 mobos, probably get a better/quicker answer, there have been some issues with the forum today and so some of the latest posts have disappeared...

EDIT: Then again I dont remember a NF3 UT-D so perhaps thats just a typo - in that case just ignore me :p

sp3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Itsjody said:
Hi all.

Does your mobo appear in the mbm support list? If not d/load the correct config file and add to mbm. It sounds like this is the issue rather than a bad contact between cpu and heatsink.

I dont know whats going on but my memory speed isnt what i calculate it to be...

On my Ultra-D with Opty 146 if i set:-

FSB = 260Mhz
Memory Divider = 150 (3/4)

Shouldnt my memory then be at 195Mhz?

Going off A64 Memfreq program the 150 and 143 memory divider settings are showing the same memory speed of ~185MHz from a FSB of 260MHz! Surely that cant be right when your using different dividers?

InQ said:
I dont know whats going on but my memory speed isnt what i calculate it to be...

On my Ultra-D with Opty 146 if i set:-

FSB = 260Mhz
Memory Divider = 150 (3/4)

Shouldnt my memory then be at 195Mhz?

Going off A64 Memfreq program the 150 and 143 memory divider settings are showing the same memory speed of ~185MHz from a FSB of 260MHz! Surely that cant be right when your using different dividers?

Thats what i thought until recently when i had to calculate what my ram runs at from a 7:10 divider (wouldn't show in cpuz)

Am guessing your at a x10 multi so running at 2.6ghz.
1. Take your divider 3:4
2. (4 divided by 3) x 10(multi) = 13.3.
3. This then rounds to next whole number = 14
4. 2600 divided by 14 = 185.7mhz

This is why the 150 and 143 divider give the same memory speed at multi 11.

Whats a good program to check my memory speed?
Using A64 Memfreq it should be running at ~204MHz but 3dmark results list it as 192MHz for some reason.
Settings are:-
Opty 146 @ [email protected], multi @ 9, HTT @ 295MHz, 140 (7/10) memory divider (Ultra-D).

For some reason my RAM (2yr old Corsair XMS3200C2PT TwinX 2x512Mb) wont run at 216MHz even with very slack timings manually entered and the volts bumped to 2.8v. :( Prime95 shows an error after ~2hrs of blend. With the above settings i've run prime95 blend for 11hrs+ with no errors hence why i dropped the multi to get near to 200MHz HTT (at 10x multi it was either to low (189MHz) or to high (220MHz) for the memory).
Also i've set the CPU Vcore to 1.55v but CPUZ shows it ~1.50v as does MBM5, which is right...is the board undervolting a tad?

mattbrown91 said:
Would the BIOS shipped with my Ultra-D work with a Athlon X2 3800?

Both my AB0 and AD0 revision Ultra-D mb's were shipped with the older 310 bios (apparently the only reason why they get different revisions are due to different bios's used :rolleyes: ) I had to flash to the 623-3 bios myself. So I advise you to check. The older bios will work but there later 623 bios Patches x2 performance problems.

Back
Top Bottom