Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Permabanned
OP
Just been playing.

LOL

440HTT.jpg

Shame I can't manage 450mhz :( ;) :D

Associate
So is this Bios you are all posting working with the DFI nf4 SLI-DR?

Will I have any problems if I have 1 gig of Gskill LA?

I must say I am quite concerned at the people who say they are having problems installing windows or getting RAM and Hard Disk Drives recognised. :(

Permabanned
OP
Bilbo, boot with 1 stick of ram in slot 1, flash BIOS and away we go.

Also to note, SATA1,2 and 3,4 controller is wrong way around in bios, to whats printed on the board. I turned off 3&4 and although my drive was in sata1 it dissapeared, so enabled 3&4 and it was listed as sata1 again.
Are ppl having problems with the siliconimage sata ports ?

Associate
ricco said:
Bilbo, boot with 1 stick of ram in slot 1, flash BIOS and away we go.

Also to note, SATA1,2 and 3,4 controller is wrong way around in bios, to whats printed on the board. I turned off 3&4 and although my drive was in sata1 it dissapeared, so enabled 3&4 and it was listed as sata1 again.
Are ppl having problems with the siliconimage sata ports ?

My board isn't here yet Ricco but I am not sure if the bios you posted works with the nf4 SLi-DR. I know you have the SLi-D so not sure if they have the same bios.

Soldato
Also a bit concerned about the SLI board not liking 512Mb TCCD chips...

I think I'll keep my previous memory for a bit to make sure. I'm supposed to be giving that to a mate for a build in 2 weeks though, so I hope the board comes before then!

Going to keep my OcUK order after all, I guess... doesn't look like anywhere else has any particular stock either... :/

Permabanned
OP
Gskill what version ?

not all TCCD is the same, and it would help others if you can provide more information

Soldato
Ricco,

Just a quick question i'm using an Akasa Eclipse 62 case & using 2 x 120mm fans,is it OK to connect these via there 3 pin plugs to the spare fan headers on the motherboard?

Thanks Amidar

Associate
I got my NF4 SLi-DR on saturday. Very nice board, but if you have 2xLeadtek 6800gt's like myself you either have to strip them down to bare bones, or buy an Asus.

They fitted perfectly in my Asus, but now i have running wothout the plastic coverings and with the rear copper plates removed. Why they have out the 2 pci slots soo close together i dont know.

Also, runs 3dmark2005 slower than my Asus. Asus got 9051 DFi gets 8570! some difference.

Permabanned
Your order has been despatched
(Click on the link to track your order)

Amtrak Express Parcels
Consignment number:
You may track this parcel using Amtrak's website or by phoning 0800 71 71 77 and quoting the above consignment number

mines comin monday, dammnit i knew i should have cancelled my order :o

Associate
Have got an Ultra-D on the way to me from OC'ers. Has anyone used a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 SATA on one of these DFI boards? If so have you had any problems or issues and is this in NCQ or not?

May be a stupid question and not one for here. But was reading about this HD on the Anandtech forums and need to buy a HD for it.

PS: Like the new forum look/revamp.

Last edited:
Associate
Im using 2x300gb Maxtor 10's, but they are currently my storage drives not raided, but are working fine at the moment. My boot drives are my 74gb raptors raid0 on sil3114 controller. Just changed my 3d settings to performance, now getting 9200 3dmark2005 and 21500 3dmark2003.
Now how do you overclock these things.

Back
Top Bottom