*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
100 games of Dota really isnt that much im afraid, you're probably no where near as good as you think you are.

I won't argue I'm not the best, I'm not great, I'm barely good but I understand how to play, what the basics are and how to counter most things. It is largely common sense and having a brain.

However most pub players lack even that. They wont/can't work as a team, they don't/can't understand who should lane where, they don't know how to support, they don't know how to gank, heck most don't even seem to understand the consequences of giving up cheap deaths early game!

I've played with players a lot better than me (CAI's team were good) and they showed how much I have to learn but at least I can do the basics!

Soldato
Sold everything of value at least of £0.10> and couple below that to get a round number. In the end made £10.05! :eek:

So...you guys know now, that's like 1-2 decent games during the sale!

Associate
I won't argue I'm not the best, I'm not great, I'm barely good but I understand how to play, what the basics are and how to counter most things. It is largely common sense and having a brain.

However most pub players lack even that. They wont/can't work as a team, they don't/can't understand who should lane where, they don't know how to support, they don't know how to gank, heck most don't even seem to understand the consequences of giving up cheap deaths early game!

I've played with players a lot better than me (CAI's team were good) and they showed how much I have to learn but at least I can do the basics!

You'll find 5 professional level players not displaying basic teamwork in pub dota. It doesn't get any better, it's just pub dota.

Associate
Haven't watched the final matches, but Speed were so strong throughout. Made some fantastic plays, especially when things weren't going their way.

Associate
Didn't realise there was a Dota2 thread on these forums, mainly through lack of looking!

I've got about 300 wins and usually play support if anyone has any questions, I realise that isn't a huge amount of wins on the scale of things but I'm happy to help people out if they're new and have any questions.

Soldato
2af37d85500448341bb5872ccc97f6dc.png

Hard game.

Soldato
Had 2 good games last night. One win as Silencer, quite a good hero who I've never rated before. Had a close loss as Riki, they had 4 people from a clan/team and you could really tell teamwork wise they neutralised mr during a lot of team fights. Still ended up 13/8 but very fun game.

Soldato
I don't know which 3 I played with last night for a game, but randomly bumped into an OCUK player in a pub game whilst queuing with my friend, we won as the other team raged.

Then we played another game, where one of the 3 owned as TA and I owned as Rikki, was a good game thank you :)

Soldato
Had 2 good games last night. One win as Silencer, quite a good hero who I've never rated before. Had a close loss as Riki, they had 4 people from a clan/team and you could really tell teamwork wise they neutralised mr during a lot of team fights. Still ended up 13/8 but very fun game.

So you won the game with Silencer then :D I saw your hero was a high level and we were looking for a 5th to play. Jumped into spectate mode to see if you were almost finished, 2 of the other team had disconnected and you lot were having a right hard time trying to break them down hehe. Trying to remember who but one of their carrys that stayed online was massively farmed, he was a real problem.

Soldato
Silencer is pretty fun, had some good games with him. He can be played as support but ends up being quite a good little fighter.

Yeah, just make sure he is present for every team fight so he can absorb as much int as possible. Then with his glaive attack you can put out some serious damage.

Suddenly I want to see silencer and OD lane together. Will just completely shut down anyone who has any abilities.

Soldato
So you won the game with Silencer then :D I saw your hero was a high level and we were looking for a 5th to play. Jumped into spectate mode to see if you were almost finished, 2 of the other team had disconnected and you lot were having a right hard time trying to break them down hehe. Trying to remember who but one of their carrys that stayed online was massively farmed, he was a real problem.

Was broodmother who was a PITA. No heroes supporting him he had an amazing farm and was spanking everyone. Didn't help the team didn't have anyone willing to initiate :p

Working from home today and after 90mins work I keep having a quick game :p 1 close loss followed by 3 wins I'm only 2 off 50% had some good teamwork games all day and haven't had a single roflstomp game either way yet.

Back
Top Bottom