*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Mids without a stun or big autoattack generally don't get picked very much.

DP is an absolute ganking monster if your laners have anything resembling a stun or slow, and if the other mid goes off, take their tower, get the gold and go start pushing other lanes.

Her ult is one of the funniest things in the game, especially with the move speed

Soldato
Had my first game as lifestealer.

Good hero, steady at the start and really picks up early late game (if that makes sense :p) his survivability is great and can dish it out too, will be giving him another go!

Couldn't get to 50% for ages, won about 10 off the bounce now and 58/53 got a leadership commend in all of the last 3 games too :)

Associate
getting so stressed with dota2 recently, ive been playing randoms now for a few months rather than selectable and there are so many new players that spoilt the game that are just useless.

I understand everyone needs to start somewhere but these do not even attempt or try with bots first and end up spoiling the game for the others who can play.

I don't suppose any of you guys form uk want to party on dota2 as it would make a change from Russians and those from brazil

Soldato
Just had an unreal game as Phantom Lancer. We were a full melee team vs a team with some good ranged Lich/sniper.

We were 12-0 down, 3 towers lost with 0 of theirs taken, but luckily it was a good team and we stuck in. I was jungling heavy and we had a good slark, s.king and Tiny then all of a sudden late game we started melting them brutally.

Ended up winning every single team fight they just couldn't land a shot and we won with 3 towers still standing and by about 15 kills :

Shows what good teamwork even ins bad situation can do, and this was in a pub match! :eek:

Associate
Game as Kunkka after having not played a few days. Very relaxed, friendly team and opponents. Stomped the laning phase but didn't put enough aggression out and our ancients ended up all exploded. I think I finally learned to enjoy losing.

Associate
Just had an unreal game as Phantom Lancer. We were a full melee team vs a team with some good ranged Lich/sniper.

We were 12-0 down, 3 towers lost with 0 of theirs taken, but luckily it was a good team and we stuck in. I was jungling heavy and we had a good slark, s.king and Tiny then all of a sudden late game we started melting them brutally.

Ended up winning every single team fight they just couldn't land a shot and we won with 3 towers still standing and by about 15 kills :

Shows what good teamwork even ins bad situation can do, and this was in a pub match! :eek:

Probably more to do with the fact you had PL and Tiny, pretty much an auto-win as soon as it goes late.

Associate

Much more to do with the other team not finishing you off most likely. I reckon what happened was that the Sniper got farmed and then rather than using his advantage to push lanes hard as a 4/5 which is what you need to do against hard carries he kept farming and roaming and then suddenly its 40minutes into the game and the other team has 3 hard carries and it's GG. There is such **** poor understanding of the need to finish a game early in the pub meta that a pretty high number of games are decided before they've even started based on which team has the more carries.

Soldato
I would agree they got lax and didn't finish it even with a huge early advantage.

When they did start really trying we had enough on us to hold them off then push back, after that we just melted them.

Picked up a few more wins and 63/55 now, can't stop winning at the mo. played Drow, Phatom (loss) Outworld and one other today, really enjoying the game at the mo.

Associate
Been playing a lot of Earth Spirit recently (almost exclusively, unless anyone else picks him). He seems super overpowered, but is so much fun to play.

Seems to decently counter Pudge too. There is literally nothing more satisfying than gripping a hooked team-member out of a dismember, then rolling on the Pudge and kicking him back into your team to get ripped apart.

Soldato
Anyone else finding the game borked recently?

Constant lag and last few hours keep getting "trying to reconnect to dota2 network" and I'm never able to start a match?

Wish valve would test updates before releasing them :mad:

Caporegime
OP
Awful by S4 and Loda at second last team fight at rosh, pointless call down, and blink in and not laso the jugg. Shouldn't have been that close anyways

Soldato
First game as Skywrath today, good little character especially in team fights... I was on a terrible team though we lost 42/17 or something only taking down 1 tower. I got 11 of the kills :p

Back
Top Bottom