*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Sorray, I forgot videos can't just capture the original source these days. They have to be modified with lens flares, a huge dip in contrast or change of saturation to suffice your needs.

Pfft..

I find them much more entertaining than games when its like 50-20 and you are killing them in their fountain.

Associate
I can comfortably say that after getting my rating with 3 DC losses everyone around 3800 is Russian and just plain terrible. Must be a Valve joke.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has there been a graphical today's recently? Been away around 15 days without playing and when I got back there was a large patch and it might just be me but the graphics seemed better?

Soldato
God damn it >_< nice game nice people doing so well, completely dominate early game. Gyro ignores map and farms while we lose team fights, I tell him that he needs to join, he won't stand a chance against farmed alch, he ignores us all, proceeds to farm and ignore any battle on the map, comes past mid game alch is god and solos us all. Gyro firmly believes he did everything right we all get -mmr but gyro was the only one who played bad. Might be one off game for you guys but normality for me. out of last 20 games I lost 17 might as well blow my brains out >_>

http://dotabuff.com/matches/434420436

Soldato
Next game after gyro fiasco? Same gyro fiasco, same gyro strategy ignore map absolutely and then lategame die in seconds after he "farmed" sigh :(

http://dotabuff.com/matches/434480242

When I asked why he ignored all our advice and failed so hard he told us to "f off and play in better mmr" well my mmr seems to think I am as good they are Christ >_<

In this glorious losing steak I went from 3500 mmr to 3100 sigh no way this is only me playing badly there's just no way this is true representation of my "skill" in this game

Last edited:
Soldato
As a EVE player I'm going to disagree there. I think Purdy will as well lol.

When you break this game down is easy to understand. Breaking EVE down would take you a year just on it's own lol.

Soldato

This game looks to be at the fault of dazzle and BM way more than the gyro... he is 7-6-5 which clearly shows he is coming to fights and he only has 174 last hits, then again his item build looks terrible.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/434480242

In this glorious losing steak I went from 3500 mmr to 3100 sigh no way this is only me playing badly there's just no way this is true representation of my "skill" in this game

Lina feeding looks to have caused a huge problem in this game which seems to have let the spectre snowball way out of control, not much gyro can do when his team feeds. Also late game isn't 32 minutes :p

My solo queue games I won 3 games and lost 7 and my mmr is 3874ish, it isn't 100% based on win/lose.

Associate
Just won a game when the other team was 43 kills ahead at one point. We were down 30k gold and 25k exp when we ended it. Don't go late game vs invoker when you don't have team fight!

Associate
I used to play eve, stopped when my wife started calling it the other women. Still get pangs to come back and let loose some missles :) Think I had over 70mil sp when I stopped.

Soldato
This game looks to be at the fault of dazzle and BM way more than the gyro... he is 7-6-5 which clearly shows he is coming to fights and he only has 174 last hits, then again his item build looks terrible.

Lina feeding looks to have caused a huge problem in this game which seems to have let the spectre snowball way out of control, not much gyro can do when his team feeds. Also late game isn't 32 minutes :p

My solo queue games I won 3 games and lost 7 and my mmr is 3874ish, it isn't 100% based on win/lose.

First game everybody on our team had 1-2 deaths we absolutely dominated early game, I as rubick was on 2-0-4. Assists and kills for gyro came in last 5min after he decided to finally join us AFTER we lost like 4 team fights that he just decided not to join. BM and dazzle did well can't say they did anything wrong.

Second game we were outpicked and didn't really stand a chance but gyro passivity just hit the nail in the coffin. Again lina did not feed that game, the feeding started again after 25min when we were playing 4v5, while jak was trying to explain to gyro how to stack ancients with helm (which gyro still did not understand how to do). 32min is not late game per se but it is the time where scoll tp into team fights is kinda crucial, can't just let 4v5 your team when gyro is so damn powerful early to mid game.

As for my mmr, what do you mean it's not fully based on win loss? I got my mmr at 3500 then through losses it went down to 3100 right now and mmr IS based on win to loss.

Soldato
I thought it only goes up down about +25/-25? You can see in your game history.

It does, I just got much more losses than wins hence it went down so much, as I said out of last 20 games I lost around 17.

For me 40 wins more than losses was the ceiling, I would fluctuate between 35-40 with sometimes rare dip into 30 but this losing streak knocked me back to 20 wins to losses if not less at this point. Also the longer the losing streak went the more points I'd lose, most point lost on a match in the middle of losing streak was -29

Last edited:
Soldato
Everything I have seen so far, the ranked MMR is just your normal MMR made visible.

The calibration phase will just be adding or subtracting between 25-30 points for each win/loss.

To increase your rank you need to go on long win streak. GL with that when the majority of players sit on 50% win/loss

Back
Top Bottom