*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Associate
What am I doing wrong to get paired up with them? While in ranked game sure I won't get new players I still am paired up with absolutely clueless people. In one ranked game today omni on enemy team fed my lane, game was already in the bag for my side by 5min mark, by 24min we took throne without trying just running like headless chicken in at 20% health.

That omni proclaimed that he refused to play support because "if you want support in pub play with friends".

Now he was on enemy team because I was on 10 game losing streak, when I approach +40 wins like clockwork that ceiling pairs me up with players like that omni. Matchmaking working is a secret but this throwing clueless people to balance out win and loss is most certainly there, it works like clockwork for me.

Edit: 40+ cieling for me is really like clockwork I made a mistake of starting ranked matches while at the top of this sine wave of mine. If I get to +40 it's feeders feeders feeders, when I get around 8 losses in a row I then paired up against feeders winning these silly 50-5 games.

So you're suggesting that if you increase your MMR that you somehow get ranked with worse players to decrease your rating?

Without a large sample size, it's pretty much a luck of the draw and you only seem to notice the idiots more-so when you've moved up in rating. They are prevalent until you get to a v.high standard of play and even then they are there.

Soldato
So you're suggesting that if you increase your MMR that you somehow get ranked with worse players to decrease your rating?

Without a large sample size, it's pretty much a luck of the draw and you only seem to notice the idiots more-so when you've moved up in rating. They are prevalent until you get to a v.high standard of play and even then they are there.

Not just worse players, clueless; and these clueless people are added either on enemy team or my team depending on which stage on my sine wave I am. I obviously realize it may just be confirmation bias and all that jazz but it's been working like clockwork, maybe in 10 years valve will declassify mm workings to reveal it is evil afterall :p

Associate
Not just worse players, clueless; and these clueless people are added either on enemy team or my team depending on which stage on my sine wave I am. I obviously realize it may just be confirmation bias and all that jazz but it's been working like clockwork, maybe in 10 years valve will declassify mm workings to reveal it is evil afterall :p

;) It's just random. Or perhaps its a mega Valve conspiracy. In some games, you may be the clueless player put on the team with another player who is at the top of his curve.

Associate
Syllabear is just really strong in pubs because you can easily lane him anywhere. People just don't seem to understand how to correctly handle games when facing him. They normally just let you do your thing, and when they do concentrate on giving you a rough start they just ignore the 10-15 minutes you're dodging them and farming instead of pressing their advantage.

Associate
Its bad that I don't want to play Lone Druid anymore because I'm on a 16 game win streak with him :p

Despite what's been discussed above, when we have a 6/7 win streak, we get nervous and start talking about ending there for the day, as we're obviously overdue a couple of losses.

50% WR.
All. The. Time.

Soldato
The thing is, even if you do try to shut him down if you are half decent its so easy just to find your farm. I mean I've played him vs a tri lane multiple times and still gotten around a 20 minute radiance.

It's hilarious when you play him in 1v1 lane and no one tries to shut you down though. You just completely dominate the game.

6ca35a677fd5fae21f387bb255ed167a.png

The key really is just to not die. Even if you play passive for 2-3 minutes you can catch up fairly fast.

Soldato
Advice on how to shut a druid player down Murray? I had a game recently playing DK with a lion as backup. Bloody bear is so tanky he was able to harrass quite heavily. The lion player was a random not on comms which made things a little more difficult.

I definitely lost the lane but only died once so the damage was minimal. Was able to catchup mid game and in the end it was a easy win. Would be good to know what's trickiest for a Druid player to handle.

Soldato
You can kill the druid really easy pre-6 if you have stuns and nukes.

Even after 6 if you can catch him too far up then he is pretty easy to burst down.

If you want certain heroes that are really good against him then something like a bane to nightmare the bear or a lifestealer because he basically uses the bear to heal himself in fights. (Lich can also be hilarious if he has bad micro)

Associate
Just kill him. He has like 600hp? (cant remember exact amounts) before he gets his ult form. Good rotations to the lane etc before he gets any farm and you can just delay his radiance over and over. Make sure that when you have an advantage from playing 4v5 (Before radiance basically) you do things. If you leave the LD unchecked and don't capture objectives you're going to have a bad time.

Soldato
Early pushes are really good against him and if he goes missing for a bit go gank the jungle and ward it so you can keep track of him.

He is pretty useless until he gets radiance, he is okay at pushing towers down and killing squishy supports with a few entangles but he doesn't do all that much damage early on. Slark usually causes me to have nightmares early-mid game as Sylla.

Edit: If you could all never do this sort of thing since I don't want my hero to get harder to play that would be great though.

Soldato
I find bounty hunter to be quite a nice counter to early game druid, you can really screw up his jungling and earn yourself some nice gold by just going into the jungle and either killing the bear when its nearly dead or killing druid.

Soldato
OK can someone give me some tips on how to counter Legion Commander?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/431913432

As you can see here I believe I played quite well but then LC was getting kills and with Mirana and LC having Shadow Blade, come the late game I was pretty scared of leaving the base as if she duelled me I didn't have a chance. If she wasn't doing damage to me then she would easily go down but it's that first initiate that will be in her favour.

Soldato
I find bounty hunter to be quite a nice counter to early game druid, you can really screw up his jungling and earn yourself some nice gold by just going into the jungle and either killing the bear when its nearly dead or killing druid.

Only bad Sylla players jungle though and in a 1v1 matchup vs bounty the Sylla wins every time.

Associate
A fed LC is an absolute pain to deal with. The best thing you can do, is to ward well and travel as as pack as much as possible. As the Mirana had SB too, you should've had as much detection as possible.

When the duels start, whoever isn't in it stuns or nukes her. But, chances are she was so fed with duels etc, there wouldn't have been much you can do. Snowball characters etc.

Back
Top Bottom