*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Associate
Seriously hate the matchmaking in this game.
just queued for solo ranked, thinking I would get a good game. Haven't played ranked for a long time thinking I might have improved somewhat.
Turns out the enemy tinker was a 4.5k player boosting his friend in the 2.2k bracket. I have never seen anybody play tinker so well we got utterly smashed by one player...
I don't understand why you would want to get boosted by anybody, you will just end up in a bracket where you are out of your depth and have learned nothing because you have been boosted. And I get a **** game because it throws the balance totally out. Looking on dotabuff after, the enemy team did 70k damage to our team, and 60k of that was from tinker...

If I queue for SOLO ranked, I should get put with other people who are by themselves, not with pairs of people...

Last edited:
Associate
Seriously hate the matchmaking in this game.
just queued for solo ranked, thinking I would get a good game. Haven't played ranked for a long time thinking I might have improved somewhat.
Turns out the enemy tinker was a 4.5k player boosting his friend in the 2.2k bracket. I have never seen anybody play tinker so well we got utterly smashed by one player...
I don't understand why you would want to get boosted by anybody, you will just end up in a bracket where you are out of your depth and have learned nothing because you have been boosted. And I get a **** game because it throws the balance totally out. Looking on dotabuff after, the enemy team did 70k damage to our team, and 60k of that was from tinker...

If I queue for SOLO ranked, I should get put with other people who are by themselves, not with pairs of people...

Im sure awhile ago it had an option to only queue you with other solo players

Soldato
Echo sabre on Slark is broken as hell.

I got a rampage with him last night. Echo Sabre is just sooo powerful early game. Liking the new patch so far.

Seen Leshrac a couple of times, and Troll too. Quite weird since they were abandoned in the last patch so I'm not used to seeing em :)

Soldato
I've not really got into it yet, just been messing about with heroes. Shamed to say it's the first time o tried Pudge since Aether Lens and after a horrific start (and getting loads of grief off normal helpful dota team mates :p) I ended up getting a couple of triple kills and some amazing hooks.

Need to get on a little more and experiment with the new item/hero combos.

Caporegime
I think blink into aghs is now the way on ES over the old blink into force staff.

Rushing aghs is just too slow, the build up items don't help him that much where as the blink can really accelerate his gold.

Soldato
Just watching some dota2 wtf videos, love these and always helps me think "well it could be worse" when I'm annoyed at the game :p

Just watched the one with the dead spirit breaker charge killing Venge :D

Soldato
Just had my most enjoyable dota game ever.

Our team; Pugna (me) Phoenix, Lion, Lich and Pudge
Their team; LC, SF, PA, Axe and WD

They were (nicely) mocking us at the start and we thought we were boned as well... Went hyper aggressive early, amazing team work and we completely destroyed them :D

63 to 44 kills and we dominated all over the map with great teamwork, warding, comma and complementary item builds (and lots of mec's :p)

Got 6 commends at the end and 3 friend requests so we must have some all right, Pugna though, so OP when he has aghs and BKB :p

Soldato
Just played my first ever game as Arc Warden for all hero, really enjoyed him.

Went for the alternative build to the standard pusher and went Nuker. He farms quickly on getting Midas and I had Manta, Mjol, MKB and was part way through building Deadleus. Ult, 2 X manta use and the damage output is insane, I was melting tanks in seconds in fights and squishy heroes were almost instant kills.

Might dabble with him a little more when I next get bored of all hero.

Back
Top Bottom