*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Caporegime
Game wise TI7 was amazing, but everything else was a big step down from TI6, felt like Valve were cutting costs everywhere.

As a Liquid fan though, god it feels good to see Kuro lift that aegis. I actually can't believe that lower bracket run, the number of times they were on the verge of elimination and somehow survived.

Soldato
I really enjoy DOTA but the community is so so so toxic

Every game i play is full of russians who pick carries and scream at everyone else when they die. If you are not doing everything in your power to make them look amazing they report you.

I have literally been reported because my level was too low after running around warding and trying to support.

Soldato
Yeah the Dota community is a disgrace and I find myself behaving like the people I hate so much.

I bite too easily and if someone is giving me grief I go on the offensive. The key is to just mute someone as soon as they something negative.

I love the game (3000hrs) but I hate what it does to me.

Soldato
Yeah the Dota community is a disgrace and I find myself behaving like the people I hate so much.

I bite too easily and if someone is giving me grief I go on the offensive. The key is to just mute someone as soon as they something negative.

I'm just gonna play aggressive support from now on and try and steer the team to victory. No point me playing a dmg dealer if the whole team is competing for gold and wiping.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

+1

When I played I found this happened to me also. At first when I return back to the game I am normal and manage to just roll my eyes at the silly behaviour, but after just 5-6 games I soon lose the plot myself.

The game is very addictive, so I just uninstall after a few days usually. Good fun a couple of times a year. I usually wait for new heroes, but hardly any coming out these days.

Loved monkey king, I got tons of kills with him the last time I played :D

Soldato
Must add my own + to the toxic moron community in this game. Like Hedge I end up biting sometimes and get annoyed with myself for it but just try and mute.

Last night I was Venge (supporting) we had 3 melee carries (and Magnus) who between them by 19mins were 3/23 I was 0/0/3 but it was my fault for "being a **** mid carry" whilst at the same time being a **** support for only having 3 wards up at one point, 2 sentries, carrying dust and literally having no gold left :p (unsurprisingly it turned out they were just a **** poor 3 stack who couldn't play the game)

Then had a Spark game and despite finishing 13/1/14 (I think) and us winning I was **** because I missed one tether after about a minute and another 3 stack who were on my team literally spent the entire game up until 25mins (when they were all muted) abusing me. Again, ironically, myself and the PA who were the ones not in the 3 stack carried us to the win :p

If it gets to you just Instamute on entering the round and play your own game, it's sad the game is so toxic you have to but there you go.

Soldato
Pugna was a good balance of support with a huge sting last night. You don't need too many items to really screw over opposition team

If I go support I go Pugna or Lion for the nuke you can inflict and still help with kills.

I also enjoy Dazzle and have actually got quite good with him. Play aggressive Dazzle early and you can really pick up gangs if you have a good lane partner with his poison ability (and I notammly get venom orb)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'd suggest you don't solo queue if you're complaining about the toxicity of your fellow teammates. The Dota 2 community isn't as bad as people say it is tbh. Generally the higher MMR games aren't as bad for flaming, it's usually the lower brackets where all the mouth breathers come out.

Soldato
I'd suggest you don't solo queue if you're complaining about the toxicity of your fellow teammates. The Dota 2 community isn't as bad as people say it is tbh. Generally the higher MMR games aren't as bad for flaming, it's usually the lower brackets where all the mouth breathers come out.

It's either solo queue or don't play due to random play times I have, I would love to team play.

The community is as bad as people say, it really is.

Associate
I was quite surprised at the relatively large update, seems like not long ago there was a fairly large overhaul. Not played the new heroes much as I did terribly the first few matches. Might give some guides a read.

Soldato
Dota really needs a community/guild/clan type system.

If you play a game with someone and they are good and friendly then you should be able to invite them into a clan and then when you launch dota you would at least have some familiar faces to play with instead of having to solo queue.

It's still my most played game but its community could be much improved.

Soldato
This rating thing is odd. Finished my 10 calibrating games and all were so one sided I can't see what relevance it has. I got absolutely steam rolled in 8 out of the 10, expected to be herald and get into crusader.

Soldato
This rating thing is odd. Finished my 10 calibrating games and all were so one sided I can't see what relevance it has. I got absolutely steam rolled in 8 out of the 10, expected to be herald and get into crusader.

The matchmaking is broke as crap if you ask me. I just got put in a game vs a team where 3 of their players had over 4000 games played. I've played a lot but they had some players who totally walked over us from first minute. Damn tinker and clinkz

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Given up playing ranked, was a joke for a few months before the patch, and still feels the same.

Unranked feels much more balanced for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom