*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
For those looking for easier supports try Jakiro. Great stun which can be a great initiator, area denial with 2 spells (well, almost 3). and a passive that works on towers which allows you to push them with ease.

Associate
Cheers Kamwah, i think i have your Skype so i'll message you for a game sometime soon.

Just playing co-op vs bots but enjoying lion, decent stun, a big DD and lolfrog although the mana leach is a little pointless.

Caporegime
OP
Cheers Kamwah, i think i have your Skype so i'll message you for a game sometime soon.

Just playing co-op vs bots but enjoying lion, decent stun, a big DD and lolfrog although the mana leach is a little pointless.

Mana leech is very good, remember you can use it on a ranged creep and it'll give you mana back, great for getting mana back to harass the lane you are in.

Permabanned
I love this game lol.

8 hours played over the weekend sprinkled with some Borderlands 2.

Just watched the N'avi V IG final on Youtube. think it was this years, not sure. very enjoyable though!

Soldato
I love this game lol.

8 hours played over the weekend sprinkled with some Borderlands 2.

Just watched the N'avi V IG final on Youtube. think it was this years, not sure. very enjoyable though!

Awesome isn't it. I played a bit of HoN in the past so thought i'd give this a go. Sat down sunday to play a game or two, turns out I spent around 7 hours playing :eek::o:D

Permabanned
Awesome isn't it. I played a bit of HoN in the past so thought i'd give this a go. Sat down sunday to play a game or two, turns out I spent around 7 hours playing :eek::o:D

Haha, its so easy to get lost in time whilst playing this. Especially considering each game lasts between 30min to 1 hour!

Might start playing random pick now, just to get an idea on each character.

One thing that Im a bit confused with still is the shop. Such a range of items to pick from that I usually just go for the suggested ones, however when I read guides on builds for different characters they suggest completely different items so I'm not sure which ones I should be working towards.

Soldato
Haha, its so easy to get lost in time whilst playing this. Especially considering each game lasts between 30min to 1 hour!

Might start playing random pick now, just to get an idea on each character.

One thing that Im a bit confused with still is the shop. Such a range of items to pick from that I usually just go for the suggested ones, however when I read guides on builds for different characters they suggest completely different items so I'm not sure which ones I should be working towards.

I've pretty much been going random, just picking characters I like the look of lol. Probably good to get a jist of some of them and mark down which ones i like playing with.

For items, I usually go for the suggested ones atm until I get used to certain characters and get to know more of the items available.

Soldato
If you don't understand why item x is suggested feel free to ask here. The shop "suggested" items are just to get you going really, think of it as training items that will do well whatever your build is but going offtrack to counter a specific lineup is perfectly fine too.

A good example I guess is that force staff is virtually never in the suggested items for supports/disablers (assuming you're doing fine with buying wards) but if you're having a great game with excess gold it is godlike for positioning and a great pickup after a Mek. Likewise, a ghost scepter counters heavy melee lineups from jumping you, a Euls interupts any channel or gets rid of that pesky void when he uses chronosphere, you get the idea.

Caporegime
OP
If you don't understand why item x is suggested feel free to ask here. The shop "suggested" items are just to get you going really, think of it as training items that will do well whatever your build is but going offtrack to counter a specific lineup is perfectly fine too.

A good example I guess is that force staff is virtually never in the suggested items for supports/disablers (assuming you're doing fine with buying wards) but if you're having a great game with excess gold it is godlike for positioning and a great pickup after a Mek. Likewise, a ghost scepter counters heavy melee lineups from jumping you, a Euls interupts any channel or gets rid of that pesky void when he uses chronosphere, you get the idea.

Indeed, force staff probably one of the best items in the game tbh.

Soldato
can trade items for one, but probably don't have decent enough items yet so yeah, only way to get one is to buy in the store.

Soldato
depends, you can get like a £30 item if you are lucky, but its complete luck, I've never done it but I probably will buy a few keys soon.

Associate
This game is amazing, I'd strongly urge anyone considering early access to just get on and do it. Its the most fun I've had in an online game.

If anyone wants to play with me just add me on Steam - WOGANATOR

Cheers

Associate
I absolutely love this game, from playing DOTA 1 and HoN... and even giving the abomination which is LoL a try... I can easily say Dota 2 is the cream of the crop. I just love everything about it, it's the successor to DOTA 1 that I always wanted and Valve clearly care about the game.

It's also the only game where I find myself watching tournaments. I mean hey, I might be lame... but watching Na'Vi defend against Naga/Tide ulti and turn it around was the highlight of International 2.

Sucks for me though, I have 4 friends to play it with but we're never really around at the same time... I would love to experience 5v5's and get into a league or something. Does anybody know of any Dota 2 leagues that are available? Preferably that work with the format that Enemydown does (did). Also, if you fancy being a 5th player... give me a shout on here, it seems that me and my friends always lack a 5th and have to CM with an absolute tool who picks Alchemist.

Soldato
I got so annoyed with having no luck getting a beta key I just bought one, downloading it now, can't wait, going to be awful at it but hey ho. :D Watching videos whilst it downloads to help me.

Back
Top Bottom