Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Purdy, 17 Oct 2012.
Glad you're getting into it.
As far as multiplayer experiences go it tops even WoW for me now.
I agree. My last game was 50 minutes, it literally flew by lol. The only downside I fear is that my mouse may die in a few weeks time due to clicking 50000 times per match!
What other noob heroes would you suggest mate?
Support/Gank - Lich/vengeful spirit/lion/crystal maiden/bane
Initiator/Tanks/Gankers - Tidehunter/Windrunner
Easier carrys are probably Ursa/Juggernaut/Lycan.
Just check out quick guides on any of them, none are overly complicated.
It's unbeatable in late game for entertainment. Particularly if you are winning or holding up well. When you are getting spanked its the most rage enducing game imaginable.
I'm away from it for a week now and I'm gonna miss it, that's how hooked I've become lol.
The game is so well balanced. Almost every character has an opposing character who they absolutely hate coming up against.
reg russians: if you choose eu servers, however I found the ping more than acceptable playing on us servers only.
Just played a game with Ursa. Very enjoyable. Seems incredibly strong against other heroes with fury swipes and his ultimate.
yeah ursa is pretty strong, annoying to play against also, need to kill him twice if he kills roshan and it's hard enough the first time
Hello, is anyone on now? is my steam id. add me let's play some games.
i use skype, mumble and ventrilo so far for coms
Looks like icefrog has released another rework patch so soon after the last one.
6.76 Change log.
- Unstable Concoction now explodes around you if you are killed while charging it up
- Goblin's Greed cap increased from 26 to 30
- Chilling Touch attack count increased from 2/3/4/5 to 3/4/5/6
- Magnetic Field no longer affects units other than Heroes and Structures
- Enfeeble cooldown decreased from 12 to 10
- Bane can now wake himself up from Nightmare with a subability
- Strength gain decreased from 2.7 to 2.4
- Strength growth increased from 2.6 to 3.8
- Replaced Great Fortitude with a new skill
- Hand of God cooldown decreased from 120 to 140/130/120
- Penitence damage amplify increased from 7/14/21/28% to 8/16/24/32% (matches the slow values now)
- Hookshot now pulls Clockwerk to allies instead of getting blocked by them
- Hookshot Aghanim's upgraded cooldown decreased from 15 to 12
- Brilliance Aura has twice the effect on Crystal Maiden
- Vacuum cooldown increased from 19 to 22
- Doom duration increased from 13 to 15 (and scepter from 14 to 16)
- Trueshot Aura mechanics reworked
Global Aura. Gives you and all allied ranged units a portion of your agility as bonus damage.
Bonus Damage: 14/18/22/26% of your agility as damage
Note: Can be toggled on and off to affect creeps or not
Ability Code: A2O2
- Changed how Marksmanship bonus agility is granted
Passively provides bonus agility. If there are no nearby enemy heroes, your focus improves and the bonus agility is doubled.
Bonus Agility: 20/30/40 Agility
AOE: 375 (for double bonus)
- Homing Missile distance required for max damage reduced from 2000 to 1500
- Homing Missile stun duration rescaled from 2.5 to 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8
- Rocket Barrage damage increased from 11/14/17/20 to 11/15/19/23
- Ice Path creation delay increased from 0.4 to 0.5
- Ice Path manacost increased from 75 to 90
- Exorcism base ghost count increased from 4/10/18 to 4/12/21
- Tidebringer level 4 AoE increased from 500 to 600
- Laguna Blade cooldown rescaled from 90/70/50 to 70/60/50
- Mana Drain break threshold range increased from 850 to 1100
- Finger of Death cooldown rescaled from 170/105/40 to 160/100/40
- Finger of Death cast range increased from 700 to 900
- Lunar Blessing bonus damage increased from 14/20/26/32 to 14/22/30/38
- Shockwave distance increased from 700 to 1000
- Shockwave cooldown decreased from 11/10/9/8 to 10/9/8/7
- Shockwave cast range increased to match its travel distance (visual thing only)
- Skewer AoE increased from 95 to 125
- Skewer range increased from 800 to 1200
- Skewer now only considers heroes a valid target for dragging in consideration with its unit cap
- Poof cooldown decreased from 14/12/10/8 to 12/10/8/6
- Divided We Stand Aghanims upgrade now gives clones 100% stat sharing
- Elune's Arrow cooldown decreased from 20 to 17
- Moonlight Shadow manacost decreased from 175 to 75
- Cast animation time improved from 0.45 to 0.4
- Rip Tide cooldown rescaled from 10 to 19/16/13/10
- Heartstopper Aura damage increased from 0.6/0.8/1/1.2% to 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5%
- Vendetta damage increased from 225/375/525 to 250/400/550
- Base Damage increased by 4
- Movement speed increased from 300 to 310
- Multicast now increases cast range of Ignite by 150 per level, this is in addition to the existing AoE increase
- Purification cooldown decreased from 12 to 10
- Movement speed increased from 300 to 305
- Collision size decreased from 24 to 8
- Fire Spirits duration increased from 12.5 to 16
- Fire Spirits can now be cast while using Sunray
- Fixed Supernova not working with Radiance aura (other auras work already)
- Supernova level 3 hit requirement increased from 9 to 10
- Sunray Reworked
- Sunray is no longer channeling and you can control like before with its direction as well as the use of the drift sub ability
- Sunray now also heals allies in the AoE for half of the amount
- Sunray no longer slows
- Sunray HP cost is now 3% per second instead of a one time 10% cost on cast
- Sunray base damage reduced from 20/30/40/50 to 16/24/32/40 (has same percentage components as before)
- Max channel time mechanic is the same (6 seconds and damage/heal increase per second channeled)
Sun Ray: A1YY
Sun Ray End: A1Z3
Sun Ray Drift: A205
- Icarus Dive Reworked
Dives forward in a looping arc, dealing moderate damage over time and slowing enemy units along the path. Dive can be canceled at any point by using Supernova or the sub ability. Casting your other spells does not interrupt it.
Travel Range: 1400
Travel Width: 500
Total Travel Time: 2 seconds
HP Cost: 15% of current HP
Icarus Dive: A1RJ
Icarus Dive End: A20N
- Base Damage increased by 5
- Life Drain break threshold range increased from 900 to 1100
- Nether Ward AoE increased from 700/1000/1300/1600 to 1600
- Eye of the Storm strike interval decreased from 0.85/0.75/0.6 to 0.75/0.65/0.55 (Scepter 0.65/0.55/0.45)
- Fade Bolt damage decreased from 75/150/225/300 to 70/140/210/280
- Global Silence cooldown decreased from 160 to 140
- Global Silence duration decreased from 3/4.5/6 to 4/5/6
- Base Intelligence increased by 6
- Base Damage reduced by 6
- Curse of the Silent duration rescaled from 5/6/7/8 to 6
- Curse of the Silent hp drain rescaled from 20/30/40/50 to 20/35/50/65
- Curse of the Silent mana drain rescaled from 10/15/20/25 to 8/16/24/32
- Int Steal moved from Last Word back to Glaives of Wisdom
- Glaives of Wisdom now steals Intelligence from outside of the AOE if Silencer gets the kill
* Int Steal aoe increased from 850 to the standard 900 aoe range
- Last Word replaced with new active skill
Targets an enemy unit placing a debuff on it. While the debuff is active, casting any spell casuses the target to become silenced and take damage. If the duration of the debuff runs out without the target casting a spell, it will still take damage and be silenced but also be disarmed.
Debuff Duration: 5
Silence/Disarm Duration: 3/4/5/6
Cast Range: 900
Note: You have basic vision over the last word target while the initial buff is on them
Ability Code: A2NT
- Assassinate cast range increased from 1500/2000/2500 to 2000/2500/3000
- Headshot procs cannot be evaded (the entire attack gets through)
- Headshot chance from 25/30/35/40 to 40
- Headshot damage from 30/45/60/75 to 15/40/65/90
- Headshot ministun from 0.01/0.1/0.2/0.2 to 0.25
- Shrapnel provides vision in the targeted area
- Shrapnel cast range increased from 1200 to 1800
- Psionic Trap now requires a buildup time to reach it's maximum slow. Starts at 30% and increases by 5% each second until it reaches 50%
- Metamorphosis bonus damage increased from 15/30/45/60 to 20/40/60/80
- Ravage damage decreased from 250/350/450 to 200/325/450
- Strength growth increased from 2.8 to 3.3
- Living Armor HP regen increased from 4/6/8/10 to 4/7/10/13
- Venomous Gale manacost rescaled from 90/105/120/135 to 125
- Venomous Gale initial damage rescaled from 50/70/70/100 to 25/50/75/100
- Venomous Gale damage per tick increased from 10/20/40/50 to 15/30/45/60
- Poison Sting duration rescaled from 7 to 6/7/8/9
- Infernal attack damage increased from 50/75/100 to 75/100/125
- Arctic Burn debuff duration increased from 4 to 5
- Cold Embrace cooldown rescaled from 14 to 17/16/15/14
- Splinter Blast initial projectile speed improved from 1.5 to 1.35 seconds
- Winter's Curse cooldown rescaled from 90 to 90/80/70
- Death Ward Aghanim's upgrade changed from 3 target split attack to 5 target bounce
- Death Ward multi attack bounce AoE increased from 550 to 650
- Death Ward cooldown decreased from 90 to 80
- Thundergod's Wrath damage increased from 210/335/460 to 225/350/475
- Thundergod's Wrath Aghanim's damage increased from 400/500/600 to 440/540/640
Boots of Speed
- Price decreased from 500 to 450
- Move speed bonus from 55 to 50
- Move speed bonus decreased form 65 to 60
- Move speed bonus decreased from 60 to 55
- Move speed bonus decreased from 60 to 55
- Move speed bonus decreased from 80 to 75
Armlet of Mordiggian
- Armlet cooldown increased from 1 to 2 seconds
- Recipe reworked
Old Force Staff:
Staff of Wizardry (1000)
+10 Attack Speed
Force (600 units forward, 25 mana, 20 cd, 800 cast range)
New Force Staff:
Staff of Wizardry (1000)
Ring of Regeneration (350)
Force (600 units forward, 25 mana, 20 cd, 800 cast range)
- Recipe cost decreased from 155 to 145
Rod of Atos
- Cast range increased from 800 to 1200
- Slow increased from 50 to 60%
- Fade time decreased from 2.75 to 2.6
* Added a new game mode -TagTeam (-tt)
You are assigned two random heroes (different hero classes). You choose which to start the game with. You start with the same bonus gold as all random.
You have an ability that lets you swap heroes, has a 3 minute cooldown. You can swap while your current hero is dead to resume with the other hero.
Any gold you gain is added to both heroes. Any gold you lose on current hero is lost on the other hero as well.
Each hero has their own independent item inventories. Each time you swap heroes, the XP gain is synchronized.
You have to be in the fountain to swap heroes (use -tt)
* Removed some residual caster unit vision from various misc abilities
There are various abilities that use caster units in a way that unintentionally provides extra unobstructed vision. These are the abilities that have been fixed:
Unstable Concoction: 400 flying aoe on projectile and 3.34 sec at impact
Ice Shards: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 300) and 3.34 sec after expiration (removed)
Chakram: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 300) and 3.34 sec after expiration (removed)
Phantasm: 1000 flying (reduced to 400) for 1.13 seconds
Pit of Malice: 800 flying for 7 seconds
Waveform: 1000 flying during travel (still has basic vision)
Storm Bolt: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 225) and 3.34 sec at impact (removed)
Mirror Image: 1000 flying (reduced to 400) for 0.73
Spirit Lance: 800 flying on projectile and 3.34 sec at impact
Requiem of Souls: 1000 ground at each affected target location for 5 seconds
Spectral Dagger: 500 flying (reduced to 200)
Sunder: 1800 flying at both source and target for 3.2 sec
Venomous Gale: 800 flying (reduced to 400)
Earthbind: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 300) and 3.34 sec at impact (removed)
Mystic Snake: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 300) and 3.34 sec at end (removed)
Dream Coil: 1000 flying for 6/8 seconds
Shackleshot: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 200) and 3.34 sec at impact (removed)
Wall of Replica: 800 flying along the wall length (reduced to 200 ground)
Flamebreak: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 300) and 3.34 sec at impact (removed)
Deafening Blast: 1200/800 flying on projectile and 1.75 sec at impact
Ghost Ship: 800 flying on projectile (reduced to 400) and 3.34 sec after expiration (removed)
These changes are not done with the direct intention of nerfing or buffing specific heroes. The goal here is to reduce the number of spells that provide excessive vision gamewide (with arbitrary durations in many cases) that were either unintended or not a necessity in the ability's functionality. By fixing or reducing the excess flying vision some of these spell caster units provide, the viability of juking as a mechanic in the game is improved a bit more. That being said, if you feel like specific abilities have strong/valuable gameplay that has grown around them over time and are worth reconsidering, please send your feedback. If there are other abilities you think should have reduced vision, please send that feedback as well.
* Fixed some more dagger/heart issues with Tempest Double
* Fixed a rounding issue with Nethertoxin
* Fixed a rare permabash bug with Tempest Double
* Fixed initial spawn size of Fire Spirit units (visual)
* Fixed some bugs with Shadow Amulet interaction with enemy spells
* Fixed a fatal error with Time Walk
Some very nice changes to Drow, Silencer, Sniper and many others.
This is dota 1 patch for now but will most likely hit dota 2 next week.
Btw I have one of those dota 2 invite that grants an extra 2 copies to who ever gets it, if anyone wants it trust and you can have it.
edit : bah managed to quote myself rather than edit
I'm a total noob at these games although have played HoN, LoL and now Dota2 a little. If anone wants to team up and help me be less of a noob just shout
We can play some if you want Vtec. I haven't played this in probably a year.
Message me on skype (I have yours)
Someone have a copy of this they could gift me?
Im after a copy for a mate, will send cookies for it.
Starseries final on now, Na'Vi vs Empire, definately worth watching.
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Tobi Wan Kenobi/popout
Can people please put their pings and what ISP you are using?
To find out your ping just go to Library > Dota 2 > Properties > SET Launch options > "-console" (write that without the quotes)
This enables your console when you load the game. Just like Counter-strike ~ shows the console and write "net_graph 1" and to remove instead of 1 put 0.
Mine is usually 50-70ms and I have BT infinity.
Add me on steam Account name: samf_20. I'm getting annoyed with clueless pubs and want to lane / team with people who want to work as a team!
Na'Vi showed awesome team picks and dendi's pudge was flawless, really entertaining stuff.
Well I guess that was the inevitable outcome.
Separate names with a comma.