Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Soldato
Well already had enough of this after one week. Last day or two it's been horrendous, slow gameplay, strikers missing 100% chances 3-4 times in a row only for the outher guy to get one chance and goal, then it'll bounce off the keeper, the defenders arse, an invisible mole and drop smack bang Infront of their player to tap it in.

Joke of a game

Don
My 8 year old has been looking forward to this day for ages, and despite me saying I wouldn’t buy him any EA points I feel bad because I got the 4600 points with ultimate! That enabled me to build a team to get going. Because EA are so tight you don’t even get starter packs anymore so he can barely make a starting 11. Where can I get say 1600 points from for the cheapest price? Through the game or from a website?

Man of Honour
My 8 year old has been looking forward to this day for ages, and despite me saying I wouldn’t buy him any EA points I feel bad because I got the 4600 points with ultimate! That enabled me to build a team to get going. Because EA are so tight you don’t even get starter packs anymore so he can barely make a starting 11. Where can I get say 1600 points from for the cheapest price? Through the game or from a website?

I always buy PSN Gift Cards from ShopTo as they are a few quid cheaper than buying it direct from PSN. A £20 card is normally £17 on ShopTo, as an idea, the higher value the card, the bigger the saving. I usually buy £90 cards for £70, it varies but then I'm a bloody loser :D I'd hate to think how much I spent on FIFA23 last year across mine and my sons account

Man of Honour
I think I am in the minority in actually liking the new menus. Slightly buggy but logical flow for me.​
The flow is OK but basic functionality is broken, like half the time the objective counter doesn't show you have completed objectives until you enter the menu. And even when it does, you have to hunt for this pale red dot to indicate which section is completed.
They announced with great fanfare that FC24 would have a "Claim All" button for objectives but it's not actually a claim all button, it's basically a button to claim the items only from a specific set of objectives, that you have to navigate to manually anyway.

Then on the mobile app they have hidden "send all to club" away in a secondary menu directly next to "quick sell all" so you are a fat finger away from chucking the Mbappe you just packed in the bin.

Basically their UX design would have been poor 10 years ago, in the modern day and age it's inexcusable.

Soldato
I thought you were taking the mick but he actually isn’t, I suspect he will be added when soon?
Thought not. Has even been removed from EPL commentary on goals he was involved in, etc. A really weird stance on a 20 goal a season player.

I don't play Ultimate Team, just seasons with Brentford, so not much point in getting this as he'll be gone IRL by the end of Jan I suspect!

Thanks for checking

Soldato
The defending on this game is absolutely ******* horrible!

I'd say comfortably 80% of the time, even if my tackle actually works, the tackled player simply morphs through my player and gets the ball back!

I don't understand how they have gone from FIFA 23 to this garbage!?!?

Last edited:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Have been doing better the last couple of days, plenty of wins and a lot more confident with defending. Rafael Leao is very good as a striker, big fast and nice dribbling.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have EA play pro on the pc - seems a bit mad that you can have men and women in the same team or is that not the case for ultimate team when you play online ? Ive only played a couple off offline matches.

The amount of bloat with all the flair in ultimate team really puts me off - theres nothing worse than opening endless packs of tifo or things like that, does anyone who plays it actually care about any of that stuff?

Soldato
How is is that every year, the old gen version players better than current gen? I've played quite a few games on the current gen version and it just feels slow and clunky so I tried the old gen version is to a lot more responsive and fluid.

Soldato
I have EA play pro on the pc - seems a bit mad that you can have men and women in the same team or is that not the case for ultimate team when you play online ? Ive only played a couple off offline matches.

The amount of bloat with all the flair in ultimate team really puts me off - theres nothing worse than opening endless packs of tifo or things like that, does anyone who plays it actually care about any of that stuff?

I've avoided online so far because my team is so rubbish, but as far as I can tell there is no reason you can't have men and women in yout team on UT! (although you obviously don't get chemistry)

And no, no-one gives a **** about Tifo's and pitchside trophies!

Soldato
Yeah, you can have men and women on the same team.

The women's ratings are not relative to the men's either so a lot of them have crazy high ratings.

You end up with an 87 rated midget on your team that can bully guys double the size off of the ball with ease.

I don't mind the sexes being mixed but let's be honest, none of the women should be rated anywhere near the likes of the top guys. It's not a true representation of skill level or physicality.

Back
Top Bottom