Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Soldato
Yeah, you can have men and women on the same team.

The women's ratings are not relative to the men's either so a lot of them have crazy high ratings.

You end up with an 87 rated midget on your team that can bully guys double the size off of the ball with ease.

I don't mind the sexes being mixed but let's be honest, none of the women should be rated anywhere near the likes of the top guys. It's not a true representation of skill level or physicality.

Yup when you have kerr bullying van dijk you know the world has gone mad

Man of Honour
My 8 year old has been looking forward to this day for ages, and despite me saying I wouldn’t buy him any EA points I feel bad because I got the 4600 points with ultimate! That enabled me to build a team to get going. Because EA are so tight you don’t even get starter packs anymore so he can barely make a starting 11
Seems pretty straightforward to get a team just from reward packs, I've not used any of my ultimate FP or those carried over from FIFA23 yet. There's so many objectives early on that you can just play moments and squad battles to organically assemble a team (I'm assuming he's not trying to jump straight into climbing the ranks in rivals). You could argue the lack of starter packs are offset by all the gold rares raining down like confetti, unless you are trying to compete at the top end you can get a perfectly usable squad very quickly. I'd originally planned to use FP to enter drafts but there's been enough objectives/evolutions to occupy me the past week, these will start to dry up this week but I'll then need to shift focus to WL qualification anyway.
I'm feeling like the "join he club" pack bonuses from playing fifa23 are mostly going to contain fodder by the time they actually arrive, 82+ sounded nice to take into the new game but the delay means it's much less useful than it first appeared unless you luck out and pull a special card. Don't see why they couldn't hand those out in September.

My son started when he was 8 (in fact that's what got me back into FIFA after a long break) and we've never bought any FP, obviously it's your choice what to do but personally I don't want him growing up with a P2W mentality especially in relation to an addictive game mode.

Soldato
As above, I've only been playing the 10hr trial, whilst a lot of the SP rewards are untradeable (I suck and get rinsed online), it's taken about 8hrs to go from the initial pack in UT to a team of low to mid 80s rated players - Immobile, Berardi, Sterling, Earps, Smalling etc. Some packed, some BIN sniping around the 1,000 to 2,500 coins region.

I enjoy playing to earn packs and coins and slowly developing a team player by player, tweaking the team as you pack new players you want to use. Throwing money/points at it to get a super team 3 games in to compete online and qualify for WL etc. doesn't interest me at all.

(xbox one fwiw, dunno if that's making a difference to marketplace player prices)

Don
I've played FUT since it came out in 2009, I quickly learned nothing was rewarding about throwing money into the game, and I still believe it's all about the player rather than the cards. However, I think you still need a hand at the start, hence why I got ultimate for the 4600 points. I've got a decent team already and can continue to build on that. I got 2800 points for the lad. He pulled no one of any use but enough coins to build a team with chemistry and can just about compete with.

Menu system is fine for me, no idea what people are struggling with, only annoying thing is the objectives and the glitchyness of knowing when you have completed some.

Last edited:
Soldato
Menu system is fine for me, no idea what people are struggling with, only annoying thing is the objectives and the glitchyness of knowing when you have completed some.

The objectives notification is bugging me and while the menu is quite well laid out, the number of times I've clicked thinking the input has registered when it hasn't is really annoying!

Soldato
The menus are horrendously laggy, I had assumed that was just a legacy console thing because i'm playing on an Xbox One but it sounds like it's maybe a bit more widespread

Soldato
It's interesting people are talking about laggy menus. AngryJoe does his yearly review of the Madden series and this years animated menus were really lagging on that game too.

Don
Menus layout and speed for the most part on ps5 is fine for me too. Game seems pretty good but defenders and keepers need work

I'm struggling with the tackling part, I've been so used to almost just allowing my players to run into theirs to tackle, but now you have to press tackle to get the ball, easier said than done.

Associate
I’m not enjoying Ultimate Team. Defending seems incredibly random at times. Scoring from some positions is so easy. Keepers are questionable. Tackling is nigh on impossible against a good dribbler.

However, I did move away from Ultimate Team and just played a game vs the computer and had a nice 1-1 game that was actually fun.

There seems to be a okay football game in here somewhere. I’m not sure Ultimate Team is it.

Man of Honour
As above, I've only been playing the 10hr trial, whilst a lot of the SP rewards are untradeable (I suck and get rinsed online), it's taken about 8hrs to go from the initial pack in UT to a team of low to mid 80s rated players - Immobile, Berardi, Sterling, Earps, Smalling etc. Some packed, some BIN sniping around the 1,000 to 2,500 coins region.

I enjoy playing to earn packs and coins and slowly developing a team player by player, tweaking the team as you pack new players you want to use. Throwing money/points at it to get a super team 3 games in to compete online and qualify for WL etc. doesn't interest me at all.

(xbox one fwiw, dunno if that's making a difference to marketplace player prices)
I think sometimes people overlook how cheap players are right now, there are loads of 84 rated players for under 1500 coins which you will earn playing 3 squad battles plus a lot of guaranteed 83-84 rated players from squad foundations objectives. From evolutions I have 2x85 1x84. Or a bit higher up at 87 rated you can get the likes of Mead, Odegaard, Martinez, Modric etc for 13k or less. Plus whatever you get from packs. My team is:

GK: 90 Courtois
LB: 87 Rolfo
CB: 89 Dias
CB: 85 Kounde
RB: 87 Bronze
CDM: 89 Rodri
CM: 87 Modric
CM: 87 De Jong
LW: 85 Fati (evo)
ST: 88 Griezmann
RW: 88 Bernardo Silva

Obviously nothing too elite in there but it's perfectly fine to play with in the lower echelons at this stage of the game. I look at packs in the store like the 80x45 and wonder should I use my FCP on it but I'll be lucky to get more than 1 card that could make my team and then have a mass of low 80s untradeable dupes to contend with (and no low rated SBCs to use them on).

Back
Top Bottom