*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

PayDay Lover
Associate
I am still playing. I still enjoy the game a lot, but then I enjoyed it from the beginning with all its flaws, so I am probably not much help.
The game has improved considerably, and patch 1.6 which will be on the PTS in the next week will be bringing significant changes and will probably be the real game changer - Champion system is implemented, Justice system introduced. I would think by 1.7 the unpopular Veteran Ranks will be removed.

Soldato
They're also sneakily getting getting ready for either F2P or B2P. Lots of reports of time cards and box copies being removed from shelves, and they've removed the 6 month sub option from their payment options.

I'll be back like a shot as long as the F2P model isn't an SWTOR-fest :D

PayDay Lover
Associate
They're also sneakily getting getting ready for either F2P or B2P. Lots of reports of time cards and box copies being removed from shelves, and they've removed the 6 month sub option from their payment options.

I'll be back like a shot as long as the F2P model isn't an SWTOR-fest :D

THat was in Australia and was also confirmed to be standard practice for EB.
Course, whether or not the game goes F2P I don't know, but there will still be a wait - I would expect free trials to come out first (as they were working on that a while back) so I expect that announcement tonight on ESOLive for the trials.
I personally hope they do not go F2P as if they do I will be long gone which is a shame as I have been enjoying the game.

PayDay Lover
Associate
There are certainly bad signs.
Course, removing 6 month because it is not popular could just be PR for 'We can make more money by not having a 6 month option and as it is not popular there will be no complaint about it'. Youdon't want to openly admit you are doing it for more money.

Important to note that those already on the 6 month sub are not being removed from it, they are recurring.

Given that trials are coming and later the console release, finance could well be the reason for getting rid of the 6 month option - by not having it, new players will not care or notice and take the 3 month. That means $1 a month for each person that would have gone for a 6 month option (not much, but PC, PS and XBox, if a total of 1M subs and only 10% would go 6 month, that would be $1.2M a year lost revenue). Wise to remove before the hope of an influx of players.

But as I say, I have no idea what there plan is and F2P may well be the near future, but there is plausible reasons for getting rid of 6 month.

Soldato
Ive just cancelled my sub for the second time. I resubbed again for playing over the christmas holidays but it never really happened. I kind of like the game but for the amount of time I play I'm just never going to catch up with the new content. Ive still not reached the original Vet level 10 even though I bought it with the head start. The Vet content far too long.

Associate
Subscription goes when console versions come out, although a subscription of sorts will remain.

Make of that what you will

Source: RPS

Unless i missread (highly possible as I was only skimming) but the official announcement seemed to suggest subs stop March 17th on PC, and consoles released in June.

But good news non the less, I just resubed yesterday to see how the game has changed anyway lol.

Associate
Unless i missread (highly possible as I was only skimming) but the official announcement seemed to suggest subs stop March 17th on PC, and consoles released in June.

But good news non the less, I just resubed yesterday to see how the game has changed anyway lol.

Yeah, sorry I kind of put 2 & 2 together (although I bet they are linked)

I'm yet to play this at all, after the poor reviews initially. People up thread are saying it did improve, so as a big fan of TES games I might be tempted to give this a go without sub.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Sad to see another MMO fall to the cancer of the genre. RIP.

Yup, I hoped it wouldn't despite all the evidence suggesting it would. Turns out the MMO F2P cancer is terminal. After 13 years of MMOing it seems I am going to have no choice but to give it up at this rate.

You know times are desperate when you start turning to Brad Mcquaid again for the hope of an MMO not tainted with F2P

Soldato
Yup, I hoped it wouldn't despite all the evidence suggesting it would. Turns out the MMO F2P cancer is terminal. After 13 years of MMOing it seems I am going to have no choice but to give it up at this rate.

You know times are desperate when you start turning to Brad Mcquaid again for the hope of an MMO not tainted with F2P

didnt brad do the awful Vanguard ? ;) ?

Back
Top Bottom