*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
Hi, I played the beta last year, do I still need to buy the game now the subscription has ended?
I still have it installed and it has updated but I can't log in.

PayDay Lover
Associate
They seem to be going with a Secret World type B2P model, which is really good. No real restrictions on the base game, cosmetic fluff in the cash shop, and you pay for future expansions.

Yes, nothing already in the game is restricted by the B2P model. So if you pay for nothing but the box, you likely have at least 150 hours worth of gameplay to get to max level (obviously depending on playstyle this may vary, I know plenty took 300+ hours).

DLCs will be for additional content that comes out in the future such as new zones etc. These you will need to buy

Associate
I Remember booking a week off of work for the release of this, got max level in that week ( the amount of crashes and lag was the reason for taking so long ) once hitting max level i didn't log on again due to exhausting myself.

Was a shame really, was a brilliant game but i just played it to much in that week to get max level!

Looking forward to trying this again to see how much it has changed since my grind. will most likely re install over the weekend!

Soldato
Morning guys,

Is this game now worth dropping £50 on to play now theres no monthly sub? I've never played it but was interested when it come out but was just too god damn expensive.

Soldato
Morning guys,

Is this game now worth dropping £50 on to play now theres no monthly sub? I've never played it but was interested when it come out but was just too god damn expensive.

Tbh, if you want a buy to play mmo without a monthly sub i think you are likely better off getting guildwars 2.

Associate
Yikes, does it cost £50 now? I played beta and never played again. I bought a CD key for it a few weeks ago for £9 and ended up having 'an active subscription' when B2P went live. I have some coins for my efforts and of course have the game. It's good, but I don't think I'd spend £50 on it if that's what it retails for now.

Soldato
Yikes, does it cost £50 now? I played beta and never played again. I bought a CD key for it a few weeks ago for £9 and ended up having 'an active subscription' when B2P went live. I have some coins for my efforts and of course have the game. It's good, but I don't think I'd spend £50 on it if that's what it retails for now.

well on Steam it's £49.99 or £69.99 for the Imperial version, i've seen it around on key sites for about £27 - £30, also can this be played with an Xbox controller, I'm a sofa whore with no chance of having a K/M infront of me.

Associate
Ah right. (Personally) I would also rate Guild Wars 2 as the better game, and I say that being a big fan of the single player Elder Scrolls games. Guild Wars 2 also drops to £17-ish when it's on offer. Elder Scrolls isn't a bad game, £30 is a bit more reasonable. Watch some YouTube or Twitch videos and see what you think :)

Soldato
Morning guys,

Well, I am sure you are going to get a few different responses to this. My own opinion of the game was that I really enjoyed it, but couldn't justify the subscription costs because I played so few hours.

Personally I think it's worth the £50. But, of course, your problem is that you might hate it!! :p

PayDay Lover
Associate
I prefer ESO to GW2 mainly due to fact it has dedicated healers & tanks. I couldn't be doing with the GW2 approach.

Yeah, maybe that was part of the problem for me. I dunno, it just felt bland, the only redeeming feature to me was the jumping puzzles, and I don't usually care for that kind of thing.

But at the end of the day, it is hard to give comment on if something is worth it. To me, I wouldn't play GW2 if it was F2P (well, obviously, I own the game and do not play). Yet I was willing to pay a sub for ESO despite its flaws, meanwhile plenty of others probably wouldn't play ESO even if it was F2P.
Opinions eh? What a pain they are!

Back
Top Bottom