*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
If you have Morrowind or Summerset, it puts you into those locations first. I recommend going back to the base game starting location, I think this is;

AD: Grahtwood
EP: Mournhold
DC: Wayrest

enjoy the questing and take your time. Eso is not a typical MMO where you are meant to rush to max level.

I'd also recommend learning the traits of anything you can, as this process takes forever. When you have an item with an uknown trait, go to a crafting station and learn the trait. This will deconstruct the item.

Lastly, level up your mount each day at a stable, as this also takes ages.

I didn't even know you could do that level up your mount I mean, I have only just started playing the game.

I agree with the going back to the starting zones it makes the first level's go much faster

Soldato
If you have Morrowind or Summerset, it puts you into those locations first. I recommend going back to the base game starting location, I think this is;

AD: Grahtwood
EP: Mournhold
DC: Wayrest

enjoy the questing and take your time. Eso is not a typical MMO where you are meant to rush to max level.

I'd also recommend learning the traits of anything you can, as this process takes forever. When you have an item with an uknown trait, go to a crafting station and learn the trait. This will deconstruct the item.

Lastly, level up your mount each day at a stable, as this also takes ages.

Solid advise, in particular with that dammm horse :p

One thing though those are the capital cities for each faction. Starting location is usually one of the smaller islands, then you progress to a bigger piece of land then finally capital city.

AD: Khenarthi's Roost --> Auridon --> Grahtwood
EP: Bleakrock Isle --> Bal Foyen --> Stonefalls --> Deshaan (Mournhold)
DG: Stros M'kai --> Betnikh --> Glenumbra --> Stormhaven

I pre-ordered the new expansion yesterday and signed up for ESO Plus while I was at it as I wanted to do some of the DLC I don't own. If the offer is still open I'll add you next time I am online.

Edit: The new zone guide on the public test server sounds really useful so you don't miss out on any content in the areas you have been to. Liking the look of that a lot.

One thing to keep in mind. The PTS Server is mostly for testing new features and patch's which are incoming on the main servers. AFAIK they scrub the servers periodically, though you get levelled up characters and gear from onset to help test things. I would just jump in on the mainstream servers to be honest. You do get an almac that pretty much tells you how far you have completed each zone anyways (though it will takes 100s of hours anyways!)

The other's have posted some fab advise, to add my own:

• You level up to level 50 (where you choose health etc), after that you get what is known as champion points which begin from level 1 until well no limit. However gear can keep scaling until you hit Champion points 160. Point being, do not bother upgrading equipment deeply until you hit Champion point 160 on gear. Likewise do not bother selling gear, break it down and use it to research new traits. Each of the research branch's have 50 levels. Do try to level up all the area's you will have more then enough skill points eventually to master everything and get all the skills you need on your character.
  • Once you hit level 10, jump into dungeon's. game scales reasonably well so normal and the easier dungeons are available from start then scale and unlock harder ones as you go. Some of the DLC dungon's can be tricky (though they are only available at higher levels) so worth reading a guides
  • PC version has mod's you can use! check ESOUI site, there are so many helpful and useful ones. At start play vanilla, but then will see the weakness's and strength's of stock UI. Two mods I recommend is Skyshards and Lorebooks.
  • There are plenty of guilds around that offer ingame advise. May not need them at start, but do join them, can join up to 5.
  • Do read some guides as to how you want to play the game. There are so many various character builds, but there are some nuances that will benefits certain types of builds. High elf for example for Magika Sorc / nighblades, Argonion or Imperial for dragonknight tank and so on. Neat thing (or bad I suppose!) is by default you can have 8 character's all entirely different. Does become time consuming though build up so many characters (3000 hours in and still only bothered with 6) but point being, don't feel you will get shoehorned into a role forever
I didn't even know you could do that level up your mount I mean, I have only just started playing the game.

I agree with the going back to the starting zones it makes the first level's go much faster

Level it up at stablemaster's the horse Icon in each city. Each upgrade takes 20 hours though and 60 levels per upgrade, so without using any additional trainers and being online everyday, will take 120 Real days roughly to level the horse :o

Associate
Solid advise, in particular with that dammm horse :p

One thing though those are the capital cities for each faction. Starting location is usually one of the smaller islands, then you progress to a bigger piece of land then finally capital city.

AD: Khenarthi's Roost --> Auridon --> Grahtwood
EP: Bleakrock Isle --> Bal Foyen --> Stonefalls --> Deshaan (Mournhold)
DG: Stros M'kai --> Betnikh --> Glenumbra --> Stormhaven

Thank you. I have edited my post and quoted you in it for the correct info. I havent started a new character since the game first released (only 1 char), so my starting knowledge isn't very good!

----

I'd also just like to mention that when you do dungeons, just let people know this is your first time and you would like to complete the quest. If the rest of the group don't know you are doing the quest, they may leave you behind when you are speaking to NPCs. I found that majority of people (you will get some idiots) will happily wait for you to do the quest, as long as you let them know.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you. I have edited my post and quoted you in it for the correct info. I havent started a new character since the game first released (only 1 char), so my starting knowledge isn't very good!

----

I'd also just like to mention that when you do dungeons, just let people know this is your first time and you would like to complete the quest. If the rest of the group don't know you are doing the quest, they may leave you behind when you are speaking to NPCs. I found that majority of people (you will get some idiots) will happily wait for you to do the quest, as long as you let them know.

heh, for better or worse, that circuit is absolutely burned into my head with so many characters and doing cadwell gold lol. Absolutely agree on dungon's, most thankfully are solid people, but damm even a few times on my alt's people just left when turning in :mad:

Soldato
One thing to keep in mind. The PTS Server is mostly for testing new features and patch's which are incoming on the main servers. AFAIK they scrub the servers periodically, though you get levelled up characters and gear from onset to help test things. I would just jump in on the mainstream servers to be honest. You do get an almac that pretty much tells you how far you have completed each zone anyways (though it will takes 100s of hours anyways!)

The other's have posted some fab advise, to add my own:

• You level up to level 50 (where you choose health etc), after that you get what is known as champion points which begin from level 1 until well no limit. However gear can keep scaling until you hit Champion points 160. Point being, do not bother upgrading equipment deeply until you hit Champion point 160 on gear. Likewise do not bother selling gear, break it down and use it to research new traits. Each of the research branch's have 50 levels. Do try to level up all the area's you will have more then enough skill points eventually to master everything and get all the skills you need on your character.
  • Once you hit level 10, jump into dungeon's. game scales reasonably well so normal and the easier dungeons are available from start then scale and unlock harder ones as you go. Some of the DLC dungon's can be tricky (though they are only available at higher levels) so worth reading a guides
  • PC version has mod's you can use! check ESOUI site, there are so many helpful and useful ones. At start play vanilla, but then will see the weakness's and strength's of stock UI. Two mods I recommend is Skyshards and Lorebooks.
  • There are plenty of guilds around that offer ingame advise. May not need them at start, but do join them, can join up to 5.
  • Do read some guides as to how you want to play the game. There are so many various character builds, but there are some nuances that will benefits certain types of builds. High elf for example for Magika Sorc / nighblades, Argonion or Imperial for dragonknight tank and so on. Neat thing (or bad I suppose!) is by default you can have 8 character's all entirely different. Does become time consuming though build up so many characters (3000 hours in and still only bothered with 6) but point being, don't feel you will get shoehorned into a role forever

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

I do have an older character that I completed Summerset with and started working on Morrowind but then I had a long break and forgot all of the lore I had learnt which was a big part of the enjoyment I was getting so now I have a new level 3 character on the normal EU realm and am just enjoying the story. Reading all the books in bookcases is awesome but it does slow down levelling somewhat :).

Crafting is certainly something I want to get into so I'll look into breaking down equipment this time around.

Soldato
You could check out alcast for guides. I've not played much in last year or so but I think he still keeps it up to date. Don't worry too much about skills as you're levelling up as you can reset those at any time.

https://alcasthq.com/

For mods you can download Minion mod manager to make updating easier https://minion.mmoui.com/

To help with levelling crafting doing the daily crafting writs helps a lot. There's a mod that you can install and it would automatically craft the required items when you get to relevant workbench as long as you had all the ingredients. iirc I never got it to work with cooking but it worked with rest

Associate
I pre-ordered the new expansion yesterday and signed up for ESO Plus while I was at it as I wanted to do some of the DLC I don't own. If the offer is still open I'll add you next time I am online.

Edit: The new zone guide on the public test server sounds really useful so you don't miss out on any content in the areas you have been to. Liking the look of that a lot.

Yea feel free to add me, I shall be online throughout this week.

+ For installing Minion mod manager, it's very helpful and easy way of keeping mods up to date

Soldato
You could check out alcast for guides. I've not played much in last year or so but I think he still keeps it up to date. Don't worry too much about skills as you're levelling up as you can reset those at any time.

https://alcasthq.com/

For mods you can download Minion mod manager to make updating easier https://minion.mmoui.com/

To help with levelling crafting doing the daily crafting writs helps a lot. There's a mod that you can install and it would automatically craft the required items when you get to relevant workbench as long as you had all the ingredients. iirc I never got it to work with cooking but it worked with rest

CookeryWiz is a good one to help with provisioning. Not quiet as automatic as the other's in which is crafts as soon as you get to the workbench, but it lists the daily writs already and just need to smash cook to make the items for the writ rather then searching for each.

Soldato
How is the games PvE element? Trying to find a new MMO to get my teeth in to as WoW has gone stale.

Pretty good to be honest. Sunk around 2000 hours into the PVE element alone. Kind of amusing being a MMO it’s the games I have poured and played mostly as a single player lol. It’s massive in scope, can team up to do dungeons / trials / solo trials. There are loads of quests for each region, you can play all of the faction quest lines, plenty of guild quests (brotherhood, thieves guild, fighters guild etc) in the game and so on. Know plenty of people who have poured more hours in without touching the PVP part. The PVP part is in fact largely separate region (Cyrodil and battlegrounds) so you can play PVE without ever doing anything PVP related.

You may find PVP is actually fun, though brutal initially so would not write it off entirely.

Associate
Remoted in from work to start it, as load times can be large the first time you enter this patch depending on how many items you have.

Soldato
Getting more and more tempted to try this.
Be prepared for login queues at the moment. During the day seems fine but at 7pm last night it took me 20 mins just to get to my char screen. The EU servers are full but they are supposed to be upgrading them. Apart from that it's good and I've just re-subbed again. I usually play for a couple of months, get bored, trawl through my unplayed steam games, get bored and then go back to ESO. Retirement sure is fun :)

Associate
ESO doesn't look half bad considering it's five years old! I tend to play it like a conventional Elder Scrolls game, with most of my time dedicated to exploring and questing. I have zero interest in min-maxing my character for PvP.

3BACB6D66E28D02F1981EB014C2866A68C9BABA7

8F27FCF63719037E3B245834671BB2D23E4BA2FA

F35E3EE0F9D36C7BF9AB217A5CA6F84C627EA484

DB02F7D09DD33EBDD1D072A36274BB52641FA038

Last edited:
Associate
I'm going to jump in to ESO. Was wondering whats the best place to start. Can i choose what expansion to start with at level 1? Not sure i want to pre-order new expansion in case i don't like it.

Maybe i get base game and sub for month?

Associate
I'm going to jump in to ESO. Was wondering whats the best place to start. Can i choose what expansion to start with at level 1? Not sure i want to pre-order new expansion in case i don't like it.

Maybe i get base game and sub for month?

The Elder Scrolls Online Collection comes with Morrowind and Summerset. You can spend a little more for the Elsewyr collection that comes with the base game + all chapters (not the other DLC though).

If you want the DLC, I recommnd subbing and using the crowns you get with that to buy the DLC you want.

Man of Honour
ESO doesn't look half bad considering it's five years old! I tend to play it like a conventional Elder Scrolls game, with most of my time dedicated to exploring and questing. I have zero interest in min-maxing my character for PvP.

Is that vanilla settings or using ENB or something?

Back
Top Bottom