*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
Game up again, not seen any changes in load times though, but suspect many people may be trying to jump on.

Oh and addons are disabled by default, will need to enable out of date add-ons, which every one will be!

Associate
Initial impressions are: FPS is worse for me, even with the few (5) addons I run switched off. Furthermore I've just seen an error form for the first time as the game crashed logging off. But the loading screens seem a tad quicker. When I was logging out to switch characters sometimes the loading back to character select and then into the game seemed very fast.

Also my event tickets took a bit longer dropping tonight. Normally I kill a World Boss; where due to the high player count there is no option to loot, but the first mob afterwards drops the 3 event tickets. Today was the first day of the current event where that didn't happen.

But the servers are so busy right now that it is difficult to gauge this new patch.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't notice any differences in the load times but the game itself felt a lot smoother. Didn't notice much difference in frame rates though.

Associate
Also my event tickets took a bit longer dropping tonight. Normally I kill a World Boss; where due to the high player count there is no option to loot, but the first mob afterwards drops the 3 event tickets. Today was the first day of the current event where that didn't happen.

The event tickets are RNG this event, and can be got from killing any mob in Murkmire. Loot drops only give out if you are the top 12 dps player, so you are less likely to get any drop on a World Boss.

Last edited:
Associate
The event tickets of RNG this event, and can be got from killing any mob in Murkmire. Loot drops only give out if you are the top 12 dps player, so you are less likely to get any drop on a World Boss.

Absolutely, only the first 12 get the drop. However until tonight my tactic that worked 100% was kill the WB, then kill a mob nearby. Tonight when I first logged in that same tactic didn't work, but it did upon relogging on.

Associate
It took a few hours to complete, but I finally did Vet Icereach. I thought my pub group were going to quit eventually, but we all stuck with it.

Soldato
That one can be a pain if people are not sure of the mechanics, like breaking free on last boss otherwise she just reheals. To be honest, lots of DLC dungons more so newer ones with unique mechanics can be a hard on Vet Hard mode if people not sure what to do, like most content really. Does make it fun and satisfying though finishing the content.

Finally done Grand Master Crafter, now Master Angular to do :o

Soldato
Me and the 3 kids are looking to get into an MMO to play together to kill some time as per this thread.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/cheapest-way-to-play-wow-4-players.18880735/

ESO seems a good shout and can be had relatively cheap.

I assume if you purchase the main game, there is no "game time" needed?

Regarding starting as a 4 player group, can we all start together and level up together or do you start in different areas and meet up later on depending on character selection?

Thanks.

Soldato
Me and the 3 kids are looking to get into an MMO to play together to kill some time as per this thread.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/cheapest-way-to-play-wow-4-players.18880735/

Regarding starting as a 4 player group, can we all start together and level up together or do you start in different areas and meet up later on depending on character selection?

Thanks.

Correct, with the main game, you do not need to purchase any game time. There is a monthly subscription service called ESO+. You do not need it, but effectively it gives you all of the DLC while you have your membership access and some other perks and nice to haves. There are also chapters in the game which is slightly different to DLC and are massive bits of content in there own right (older chapters become DLC's when when a new chapter comes out). I would if I was you, pick up the Elswyr version like here: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-elsweyr-pc that has the main game and all the chapters to date which is a massive amount of content.

In regards to starting and levelling together. Yes its relatively easy. you may start out in initial different locations if you pick tutorial, however its very easy to teleport to one another and group up fortunately, even if your in different factions (aside from the central PVP element). There is a wide veriety of content, but some missions, mostly the main quest will be done solo. Otherwise no issues playing together, exploring, taking on world boss's, doing 4 man dungeons etc.

Associate

Thanks.
Person above me answered your questions, but I just wanted to say that ESO sounds like it will be the perfect game for you. As all the enemies level to your level, you and your kids won't need to make sure you are all the same level to comtinue to play together. You will be able to play even if one of you are massively ahead in levelling.

Soldato
Seems odd the main quest line is "solo" for an MMO.

Enemies levelling to your level is a marmite thing in my opinion, getting your butt kicked by something more skilled than you is alright in my opinion. Sometimes, you just need to jog on :D

Soldato
The main quest is relatively small, in effect it will work to introduce you to the various regions if anything. Can do main quest in around 10-15 hours, if that. However even then for main quest, there are parts in the main quest set in the overland wider world where you can team up, its a mix really. Can skip main quest altogether if you really wanted too.

In regards to enemies levelling, its not quiet that simple, overland content and delves are all scaled to what is Level 50 CP 160. You start at level 1 so would be steamrolled at every turn, so what happens is a system called battle levelling was introduced. You start with more health, resources, damage etc. As you level up up you actually decrease to an extent in those elements with the expectation you fill them in with better gear / resources etc. This happens until you yourself reach Level 50 CP160 at which point there is not battle levelling and your down to your gear / skills. To put simply, while you are in a way scaled, you still still usually be stomped into the group if walking out the gate you try to take on world boss's. Besides there is plenty of content in this game, even when experienced that will make you cry at times :D

In addition there is dungeons which are set but can be toggled between normal and Veteran once you hit Level 50. The latter is 4 man content and some of them can actually be pretty touch!

Associate
I started online roleplaying with Everquest and Everquest 2, where zones were build for levels. So I found it strange at first to come to ESO and find quests at my level everywhere. With Everquest, as you levelled up it was nice to travel through zones you'd been getting your butt kicked earlier in your characters life. However, I like that we can travel to any zone in ESO and find adventures anywhere on the map.

I have four accounts, and play in a group of four with my three kids. Dungeons are great fun together, and quests can be shared and done together.

Associate
I did hate the idea of level scalling when they first announced it, as I did quite enjoy going to have area, getting my butt kicked, and then coming back at a later date to win - but it was only ever start zones, end game zones, and the main trading zone that were busy. I like that now there are people everywhere.

Soldato
Hi Guys, Anyone still playing this? Can someone give me their game ID please?

the Jubilee event is ongoing. I am going to buy 5 event tickets and gift them to somebody here. I will buy them tomorrow morning, that should give you enough time to use them before the end of the event on Tuesday.

I am doing this to get the 4 free Gloomspore crates.

Soldato
Game ID is Radox-0. Still playing and happy to help, but would rather be last in line if someone else can help instead. Got all the event items and tickets I need so would rather someone else who needs them takes them, but can be a last resort if you get no one else to assist.

Soldato
Game ID is Radox-0. Still playing and happy to help, but would rather be last in line if someone else can help instead. Got all the event items and tickets I need so would rather someone else who needs them takes them, but can be a last resort if you get no one else to assist.

Thanks Radox-0. Would rather give them to someone here than some random person in the game.

I have a few crowns from the monthly membership and most of the stuff doesn't interest me at all. Might as well get a few crates for a slight reduction.

Soldato
Just started this today. Elswyr looks amazing. The quests so far have been well written and amusing.

There seems to be loads of things that they just expect you to know. I'm using the twitch app for add-ons but says these are out of date in the game?

Associate
Just started this today. Elswyr looks amazing. The quests so far have been well written and amusing.

There seems to be loads of things that they just expect you to know. I'm using the twitch app for add-ons but says these are out of date in the game?

I don't use the Twitch app, does it update the addons? If not, use Minion.

Back
Top Bottom