*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
I started this again back in early February. Have been taking my time and just using one character. Currently at level CP136. Haven't bothered about gear at all, just change up every so often as the stuff I am currently wearing gets too far out leveled. Waiting until I hit CP 160 before concentrating on proper gear. Going to finish the main quest and start doing some of the public dungeons when hit that CP160 mark.

I am also levelling up my crafting skills. All of them. I have Blacksmithing at level 50, Clothier at level 50. All the other crafting skills are between 40 and 48, except for Jewelry which is only at 25.

Oh, I haven't assigned any of my champion points yet. Still undecided about what way I want my character to go. Currently two handed and bow, both using mainly using mainly DPS skills. I still have my respec scolls. When I hit CP160, am thinking of going for a tank build using one handed and shield. I know that will mean levelling up some new trait lines, but that shouldn't take too long!!

On champion points, you can always reallocate them but there is a gold cost. Not sure if your aware, but can also respec all your skills and points at the shrines in the main cities also in case your worried about burning that respec scroll. Once again a gold cost, but not too massive.

On a tank, may find it easier to set up an alternate character. Neat thing with alternate charters as soon as you hit level 50, they will get all the champion points your, so in your case CP136 also and and XP they earn will contribute to increasing the champion points. Only reason I say that, is tank generally has much less DPS and can make overwrold content / missions a chore IMO and stats will change significantly from a DPS setup.

Soldato
On champion points, you can always reallocate them but there is a gold cost. Not sure if your aware, but can also respec all your skills and points at the shrines in the main cities also in case your worried about burning that respec scroll. Once again a gold cost, but not too massive.

On a tank, may find it easier to set up an alternate character. Neat thing with alternate charters as soon as you hit level 50, they will get all the champion points your, so in your case CP136 also and and XP they earn will contribute to increasing the champion points. Only reason I say that, is tank generally has much less DPS and can make overwrold content / missions a chore IMO and stats will change significantly from a DPS setup.

Thanks Radox, I knew about the respec shrines, but, I have the scrolls so I might as well use them. I also did a little reading on the champion points and I understood that any points you get will be available to any alt that reaches level 50. And I know about the diminishing returns.

I thought about doing what you said, but, to me it would be just as bad to level a new character to level 50 especially when I set out with this one to be a tan eventually. You had warned me before about Tanks been slow to level up, that's why I am going the mostly DPS skills etc. until I reach CP160. I am not too worried about how long it takes to reach the max level after that.

My plan is to get all my crafting skills to 50 and my character to CP160 before the 10th of May. Then I will cancel my subscription to ESO, I really only use it for the crafting bag.

Soldato
Thanks Radox, I knew about the respec shrines, but, I have the scrolls so I might as well use them. I also did a little reading on the champion points and I understood that any points you get will be available to any alt that reaches level 50. And I know about the diminishing returns.

I thought about doing what you said, but, to me it would be just as bad to level a new character to level 50 especially when I set out with this one to be a tan eventually. You had warned me before about Tanks been slow to level up, that's why I am going the mostly DPS skills etc. until I reach CP160. I am not too worried about how long it takes to reach the max level after that.

My plan is to get all my crafting skills to 50 and my character to CP160 before the 10th of May. Then I will cancel my subscription to ESO, I really only use it for the crafting bag.

Cool, recall took me ages to find those shrines, totally wrong build for a while :p

Yeah tbh after level 160 then pretty free really. Max level at the moment is CP810 though you still level up after that and tbh with normal organic play does take a while to get there.

Likewise, shame about crafting bag being ESO+ only, they know its a dammm good hook! With that said, tank is fun IMO, only class I pick up and play these days, not to mention walk straight into dungons :)

Soldato
Cool, recall took me ages to find those shrines, totally wrong build for a while :p

Yeah tbh after level 160 then pretty free really. Max level at the moment is CP810 though you still level up after that and tbh with normal organic play does take a while to get there.

Likewise, shame about crafting bag being ESO+ only, they know its a dammm good hook! With that said, tank is fun IMO, only class I pick up and play these days, not to mention walk straight into dungons :)

Haha, yeah, I am normally pretty clueless but I learned about the shrines early on as I used to muck up builds pretty badly. The games was harder when it first launched.

I plan to use the time going from CP160 to CP810 to learn how to play a Tank properly :) (see "I am normally pretty clueless":p)

I have always been a sword and board kind of player in any of these RPG or MMOs. Don't know why, I just like been able to withstand nearly any attack. My plan is to keep the bow as my backup weapon and use the Ballista ultimate as my main damage dealer. Not sure how that will work out yet.

Associate
Whats CP 160? im a bit lost with this levelling speak. Thought it was levels.

Once you get to level 50, you start going getting Champion Points as a 'level'. 160 champion points (CP 160) is the max level of gear you can get. CP 810 is the max level you can get to (although you can keep earn more CP after this, but cannot spend them I believe)

If you played when the game first came out, CP replaced Veteran levels.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-championpoints-beginner-guide/

Associate
Ah ok i see thanks. That must take years. Am i doing anything wrong with regards to levelling as it seems a slow process? Been playing now for 20 hours and iam only level 16. On the last story quest of Vvardenfell done a fair few others quests. Levelling was a lot faster as i remember in SWTOR.

Soldato
CP 810 is the max level you can get to (although you can keep earn more CP after this, but cannot spend them I believe)

Yup correct. you still earn the points fortunately, but you cannot allocate more then 810. Also get the bonus 400k XP enlightenment bonus daily which is nice. Normally what happens is when a big patch / DLC drops which increase CP limit, you will just get those points automatically to spend which is always nice.

Ah ok i see thanks. That must take years. Am i doing anything wrong with regards to levelling as it seems a slow process? Been playing now for 20 hours and iam only level 16. On the last story quest of Vvardenfell done a fair few others quests. Levelling was a lot faster as i remember in SWTOR.

Yeah, levelling to CP810 for most playing organically does take years. Your not doing anything wrong in terms of levelling, play as you enjoy it mostly. Some people power level, others prefer to quest. If your looking to nudge ahead, you can equip training gear which helps but I would just say relax and enjoy the quests. With the battle levelling system in place (basically your stats at lower levels are amped up) most content will be okay.

Associate

Most MMOs are all about getting to max level as quickly as possible, ESO is not really one of those games. Take your time and enjoy the content.

If you do a random dungeon each day, that will give you a level or 2.

Soldato

Few things. The game is open from the start. So you can explore the whole game, do all quests & dungeons EXCEPT some of the DLC dungeons (level 42+ only). If you find a guild you can even do normal trials, in addition to PVP in Cyrodiil (sub level 50 or normal no-CP campaign).

The game has no level restrictions. Take is easy, enjoy the story lines. I would advice you after Morrowind to do either one of the alliances (AD has the best one) or Wrothgar.
If you try to do the Elswyer quest line they have spoilers from the Aldmeri Dominion campaign.

If you want to level more quickly, make a "tank". Until level 42 you can equip a sword and shield put pierce armour on your qbar and queue to do the daily random dungeon (gives extra xp) as a tank. (put some heavy/medium armour). Class doesn't matter.

At level 42 you should stop queuing if you have access to the DLC dungeons as it will pit you there were they need a proper tank even if low level.

Also the game gives you a lot of freedom. Any class & race on any role including Sorcerer tank or Stamina Damage Dealer and for the love of god, don't chase numbers. Be good enough to do good damage and know the mechanics at high difficulty levels.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok thanks all, not totally sure on a lot of what you said Panos, ill look into it. Ive seen the Alliance thing on the top bar, is that PVP then?

Yeah iam not in a rush, iam enjoying the quests and the world.

Another question. I have Summerset, Morrowind and Elsweyr DLC's, have i got access to the dark brotherhood and thieves guild?

Soldato
Ok thanks all, not totally sure on a lot of what you said Panos, ill look into it. Ive seen the Alliance thing on the top bar, is that PVP then?

Yeah iam not in a rush, iam enjoying the quests and the world.

Another question. I have Summerset, Morrowind and Elsweyr DLC's, have i got access to the dark brotherhood and thieves guild?

If you do not have monthly subscription no, however the 4 DLCs pack is at 50% discount for 2000 crowns until later today (13 hours from the moment I write this).
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/182?guilds-and-glory-the-4dlc-megapack

From time to time they give them for free though, keep an eye to the ingame store.

Associate
Soldato
Hi smokey I'm playing very casually. Coming to end of Elswyr. Was going to do the main quest next. What's your in game name?

I'm currently playing a templar.

Associate
I've just started a templar. I've played on the same nightblade DPS since release, so thought it was about time for another character.

Associate
Just started this in the last week. I made a Warden and I'm enjoying it so far. I really like how it feels quite like a single player game, and some of the environments are stunning.

Soldato
Ill keep an eye out then, thanks.
Is there enough newbies here for a discord get together?
Just started this in the last week. I made a Warden and I'm enjoying it so far. I really like how it feels quite like a single player game, and some of the environments are stunning.

For you guys that just started there is a free trial of ESO plus ongoing at the moment. You could have the crafting bag for the next 6 days, might be a good chance to build up a supply of mats for crafting without taking up inventory space.

Also, is anyone in a guild at the moment? Would be great to join a guild with some of you guys from here or start our own? It would be a good way to get some groups together etc for some of the public dungeons.

Back
Top Bottom