*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
Recently picked this up on Steam, for 11.99, got a few DLC with it. Only played for a few hours, tried a quest i got and i didnt hurt the end boss 1 bit lol. Im a night elf and Sorcerer. Game looks massive. Im a huge skyrim fan so thought why not.

Soldato
Thanks I've changed over to minion. I'm going for a.templar stamina build with 2 handed? Not sure if works.

Most builds are viable with this game with all class's having a stamina and magika build, they just may not be best in slot. Both dual wield and 2 handed are viable, dual weird will tend to do more absolute damage against single target, like boss's, but 2 handed gives you more survivability and recovery. In grand scheme of things at the start, your damage is mostly going to change by getting your skills and flow right rather then delta in 2H vs dual wield. and But great thing is you can always mix up the build by respecing. But right now Stamina Templar's can dish out very nice DPS numbers.

Soldato
Most builds are viable with this game with all class's having a stamina and magika build, they just may not be best in slot. Both dual wield and 2 handed are viable, dual weird will tend to do more absolute damage against single target, like boss's, but 2 handed gives you more survivability and recovery. In grand scheme of things at the start, your damage is mostly going to change by getting your skills and flow right rather then delta in 2H vs dual wield. and But great thing is you can always mix up the build by respecing. But right now Stamina Templar's can dish out very nice DPS numbers.

Cheers. I plan to play this casually for now. Quite enjoying the quests and humour.

Soldato
@Radox-0 I didn't bother gifting the event tickets. I took a look a longer look at what the crates offer and decided that they aren't worth it. Most the rewards are very 'meh' unless you happen to get very lucky.

Soldato
@Radox-0 I didn't bother gifting the event tickets. I took a look a longer look at what the crates offer and decided that they aren't worth it. Most the rewards are very 'meh' unless you happen to get very lucky.

No worries, don't blame you not a fan of the gloomspire stuff either so holding out to see what next season brings. RNG with these crates can be unreal :o

Soldato
So I'm currently doing the quests in elswyr. Good fun some interesting characters. However, is there a timeline issue here? Should I be finding the main quest Npc first and doing that?

Or does it not really matter and I should just do whatever and have fun?

Soldato
So I'm currently doing the quests in elswyr. Good fun some interesting characters. However, is there a timeline issue here? Should I be finding the main quest Npc first and doing that?

Or does it not really matter and I should just do whatever and have fun?

No need, can largely do it in whatever order you want. Only thing that changes is a few lines of dialogue which references you having met a few of the members you encounter before as part of main quest.

Soldato
No need, can largely do it in whatever order you want. Only thing that changes is a few lines of dialogue which references you having met a few of the members you encounter before as part of main quest.

Cool thanks. Should I bother with the main quest? Has it aged well?

Soldato
Cool thanks. Should I bother with the main quest? Has it aged well?

worthwhile doing it once IMO. Also get into the coldharbour region and some quests can be fun, love cadwells lines for example (unless someone teleport's you there off the bat), also you tend to explore the regions and each quest gives you a point which is nice.

Soldato
worthwhile doing it once IMO. Also get into the coldharbour region and some quests can be fun, love cadwells lines for example (unless someone teleport's you there off the bat), also you tend to explore the regions and each quest gives you a point which is nice.

Ok I'll finish elswyr then jump across to the main quest.

Associate
Anyone playing this regularly? Enjoying it, im level 12, Dark Elf Sorcerer. Would like to team up for quests and stuff......

Question. Should i look at trying to craft gear or improving what ive got, or is it all a waste of time before 50?

Soldato
Anyone playing this regularly? Enjoying it, im level 12, Dark Elf Sorcerer. Would like to team up for quests and stuff......

Question. Should i look at trying to craft gear or improving what ive got, or is it all a waste of time before 50?
Some people craft gear every 10/12 levels but I don't bother. I've just levelled a Stamplar to lvl 50 using nothing but rewards from quests/dolmens etc. TBH doing quests is not exactly difficult, wait till you hit CP160 before crafting gear and then you can concentrate on getting the gear for what you want to do (dungeons/trials etc).

Associate
^ That. You'll outlevel gear so quickly I wouldn't bother trying to find anything special (when it comes to alts people tend to recommend sets of gear with the training enchant to maximise XP but for a first time player you'd be better off enjoying quests than obsessing over the xp meter). CP160 is when gear won't level up any more and I wouldn't worry about optimising gear until then.

Soldato
As others said.

However I would keep research going in order to allow you to craft sets. There are some solid staples in terms of craftable sets.

I would also break down and useless gear, more so intrinsic and anything green and above to get the material.

Soldato

If it's your first character just enjoy the story and do the main quest, you get quite a few skill points from that. Also go to Cyrodiil to do the starter quest as you'll get a few skill points from there without putting yourself in harms way.

Dolmens are good for getting jewellery too. Are you playing on PC? If so, let me know your name and I'll help out etc if you need it. I won't be on for a couple of days though cos my PSU blew up today :(

Soldato
I started this again back in early February. Have been taking my time and just using one character. Currently at level CP136. Haven't bothered about gear at all, just change up every so often as the stuff I am currently wearing gets too far out leveled. Waiting until I hit CP 160 before concentrating on proper gear. Going to finish the main quest and start doing some of the public dungeons when hit that CP160 mark.

I am also levelling up my crafting skills. All of them. I have Blacksmithing at level 50, Clothier at level 50. All the other crafting skills are between 40 and 48, except for Jewelry which is only at 25.

Oh, I haven't assigned any of my champion points yet. Still undecided about what way I want my character to go. Currently two handed and bow, both using mainly using mainly DPS skills. I still have my respec scolls. When I hit CP160, am thinking of going for a tank build using one handed and shield. I know that will mean levelling up some new trait lines, but that shouldn't take too long!!

Associate
you should only really worry about crafted gear below cp160 if you are trying to power level, and want the Training trait on everything for more XP. Other than that, just use whatever you pick up.

Back
Top Bottom