*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
LateX'Dog, looks like you're on a crusade to defend this game at all costs, which is fine I guess. But then you start calling other people fanboys.. ?

I will just add this - if, by some miracle, ESO is succesful, it won't be due to the combat. It brings nothing new to the table and it lacks fluidity, even in single PvE.

Soldato

I think the PvP is the 'best' thing about the game, getting invloved in some good PvP is quite satisfying both group and solo play. Getting into a debate about grp vs. solo play is redundent though as it brings the worst out in people (more so than other aspects in MMORPG's). I would add that in my EQ days I had my Cleric for grping and my Necro for Solo play, sometimes you jsut dont want to deal with people no?

Sadly I dont believe their (Zenimax) focus lies in that direction at present.

Good to see Latex is true to form though :p

Soldato
Sorry but that's a bit asinine to say that. Running around with a zerg or group requires less skill than hunting solo.

Aion, Lotro, Rift, GW were all superb fun roaming PvP zones solo and picking fights. Some classes are better at it than others for example a Spiritmaster in Aion could take on 3-6 players if geared. Burgs in Lotro were amazing fun solo and if played well would could survive zergs ;)

I've watched a few ESO PvP vid's and sadly it looks dull and bland compared to other MMo's but well wait and see.

While you are correct, running in a zerg is often for the less skillful players, running in a group of say 6 or 8 or whatever the group size is, vs over similar groups is not less skilll than soloing.

I have RR7 Stealthers in DAOC, i know all about soloing, and i have RR7 group pvp toons, and they are just as hard to play effectively, infact stealthers are easier as you can pick your fights, and your build is geared towards pretty much specific enemies.

Group pvp is a lot more random and chaotic and requires a lot more co-ordination than simply button mashing and following the herd.

Ive never pvp'd seriously in any other game than DAOC as quite frankly no other game ever come close to the skill required to compete effectively.

Soldato
Fair points, I'm going to wait for friends to give me feedback on how PvP feels in ESO. If the consensus is good then maybe I'll give it a go.

** comment removed by mod **

Soldato
Im pinning my hopes on the fact the PVP was made by the DAOC peeps, i havent tried any of it yet, but from what ive read and been told its pretty close to it, that'll do for me :)

With any luck they will have impoved upon the stuff in DAOC that made RVR so great and ESO pvp will be a lot of fun.

Soldato
I'm a big fan of social reliance in MMO's, but that's probably because I cut my teeth on UO & EQ. However, the landscape has changed (for the worse imo) and you are going to get nothing but whiners complaining how they can't solo there way to the top ranks easily.

It's a shame this wasn't in from the start rather than a change made this late in the dev cycle. Never underestimate the power of complainers - they managed to turn Rift from a decent MMO in closed beta into a WoW clone within 6 months.

'Emperor' cant be solo'ed though, that requries a lot of grp/party involvement (it is kinda broken though, or was last I heard a week or so back).

The main gripe after the latest patch with vr10 is that after you have completed every quest in the game you're going to need to grind like a mofo to acheive it and with the now reduced xp for 'group grinding' it's probably more of a benefit to solo grind the last 3 odd ranks..!

Soldato
OP
LateX'Dog, looks like you're on a crusade to defend this game at all costs, which is fine I guess. But then you start calling other people fanboys.. ?

I will just add this - if, by some miracle, ESO is succesful, it won't be due to the combat. It brings nothing new to the table and it lacks fluidity, even in single PvE.

I'm on a crusade to clear up the blatant lies and misinformation that people are spreading. There is a big difference.

I will happily call my self a ES fanboy, i love their lore, games and so on.

I'm not a fanboy of ESO, i have my concerns, i have parts of it i don't like, but overall my experience of the game is very enjoyable and fulfilling as as such its why I'm here.

A lot of people in this forum and in others seem to think gaming is an entitlement, i have a PC or console and therefore any game that comes out i must own it regardless of enjoyment because i have said platform. Gaming is a privilege, a luxury, something you do because its fun and a lot of people have completely forgot about this. If something is not fun for you, why are you doing it? If a game is boring, bland and dull, why are you still interested in it?.

Yet you have people who are on crusades around the web pushing their game of choice as the one game to rule them all and its especially prevalent in MMO's.

Now take the WS trio, they are big WS fans, they have expressed their dislike for the ESO, they stick around in the ESO thread to spread misinformation and lies and brandish WS as the holy grail. That to me fills the fanboy crusade category.

Now in my personal case, I've expressed my dislike for WS in the WS thread and i left it there. I hardly ever post in the WS thread (And wont be venturing there again), look at it or engage in much discussion about it. Inside this thread i spread information, support ideas and provide help to others that want more information. Does this mean I'm a fanboy on a crusade? Personally no, but I'm sure this post will get flamed with contrary statements filled with fallacies.

If you don't like the game and you post your opinion, fantastic! But to then stick around and try to twist others to agree with you, that's childish. Eekfek tried this with me at the last beta weekend, claiming i had blinkers on and the game was super bad. Stuck around for another 3-4 pages to spread his opinion onto others and then left. Completely pointless, people who already like it, do so because of their own choices. Why can people just not leave others to their own opinions?

Why have the WS trio come back to this thread, spreading lies and misinformation and again trying to push their opinions onto others? The only reason:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response

This is why and I'm guessing its fun for them.

Last edited:
Associate
Yet you have people who are on crusades around the web pushing their game of choice as the one game to rule them all and its especially prevalent in MMO's.

Are you intentionally being ironic here? I honestly can't tell.

I'm following both games with some interest as I'm looking for a new MMO to start out in so I value the opinions from both sides of the fence and would rather have negative and positive comments to base my decision on.
I find Latex does come out with some useful things in regards to patches and updates as i don't follow them that closely, but I also find the "WS trio" contribute too with the negatives that are surfacing about the game so I know what to expect.

Also, i see opinions being expressed, not forced onto people as you suggest and as for the childish name calling...well :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
but I also find the "WS trio" contribute too with the negatives that are surfacing about the game so I know what to expect.

If you find their constant stream of negativity and misinformation of interest, then great. But, as shown already in this thread, Newbie for example was lying to Vtec9k by spreading misinformation, which i then cleaned up.

So they do have an agenda, so be careful what information you value from them.

Also, i see opinions being expressed, not forced onto people as you suggest and as for the childish name calling...well :rolleyes:

Using force can be applied either directly or indirectly. For example through spreading misinformation to spread discord and to change opinion.

Pretty sure I've not insulted anyone, newbie as shown based upon the quoted text is spreading misinformation, so my statement of "Being full of crap" is a true statement.

Last edited:
Soldato
** comment removed by mod ***

Edit - Your big wall of txt on the api changes confirmed what I said, they are stripping back the functionality of what the api allows you to do...!

2nd Edit - Why are they making changes to the api? Becuase of the botting, something else Latex denied was there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit - Your big wall of txt on the api changes confirmed what I said, they are stripping back the functionality of what the api allows you to do...!

Even so if that means it reduces the chances for 'botting' then I'm all for it. I'm sure they're working on bringing back a form which can't be as easily exploited (Assuming it ever was).

Anyway the constant bickering is getting quite tiresome, it's hard to find out new information when there are constant posts with people sniping at each other.

Associate
its shame that this thread has been allowed to degnerate into this tit for tat.

Hopefully a mod can halt this decline as right now you need to read through 4 or 5 posts of slanging to actually read any new info on the game. :(

Soldato
The thing is Dog throws out accusations and blatant lies made up to try and add weight to his pointless crusade and ultimate need to moderate this thread. He tag's people as 'haters' and 'fanboys' if they don't agree with his statements and sadly it has ruined the thread to the point of idiocy.

The rest of us seem able to discuss, disagree and reason whilst debating the games merits and failings.

Associate
So, I read a little fishing guide this morning and they mention that you can fish up chests and rare recipes, and that fish can be used in Alchemy and Provisioning. Now when I tried fishing last beta (badly I may add :o) I did manage to catch a couple of fish, but they just showed up as trophies, and you couldn't do owt with them but sell them to merchants.

Anyone have any better experience than me? I did read someone say they were trying for the Stros M'kai fishing achievements, didn't get any rare fish but did pull up a bag filled with gems and money a few times, so I'm hoping the chest/recipes thing is true.

Back
Top Bottom