**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Associate
Man those minute men are demanding. Still not gone to diamond city after about 11 hours game time.

Starting to run into ammo issues, it's a shame they didn't include that in crafting but I guess that'd make some things too easy.

Soldato
Gutted, I think I must have broken down my 'Righteous Authority' unique laser rifle by accident :(.

Is it even any good? I didnt even get a chance to try it out. Is there any way via the console I could add it back to my inventory, or am I screwed?

Permabanned
Gutted, I think I must have broken down my 'Righteous Authority' unique laser rifle by accident :(.

Is it even any good? I didnt even get a chance to try it out. Is there any way via the console I could add it back to my inventory, or am I screwed?

There's a console command where you vote to.a room with every weapon and item in the game. You could just go there and add it to you're inventory

Soldato
What kind of fps are people getting on 780ti's? I'm surprised that even on high I often get dips to around 30

With godrays and shadow quality set to high, everything else on ultra with TAA I'm getting 60fps with the occasional drop to around 52ish in various locations. It does make good use of my 5650 though.

It'd be more but the game won't withstand any OC on the GPU without CTDing, mores the pity.

Caporegime
What kind of fps are people getting on 780ti's? I'm surprised that even on high I often get dips to around 30

You're not alone. Even though I have the 980Ti, on occasion I have seen the fps drop below 60 to as low as the high 30s. I might need to push my cpu a bit harder (4.1ghz), but I can't see that making up for it completely. All bar one or two settings in my case have been ultra.

D3K

D3K

Soldato

If it's anything like most of the guns I get, then probably pants. So far they've all been standard guns with a perk on them, the perk being a proc or benefit I have no need for.

Permabanned
Also,some people are miffed the karma system has gone but the new way makes more sense. It's more realistic to have you're companions judge you than a metre that goes up or down when no.one is around

Soldato

it was my best gun for quite a while.

Finding enough ammo for it sucks though.

Its still in my rotation @ 24h gamplay of my 3 "go to" guns that I switch between depending on ammo.

Soldato
I've found as a "go to" gun, making about the best .38 rifle possible is a decent investment in materials. It won't do crazy things but with a good sized magazine, better (automatic) receiver it starts being a handy general weapon as .38 is easily the most widely available ammo (certainly in the earlier stages).

Anyone have weak point tips? Ghouls is DEFINITELY "go for the legs" (try it, it's highly amusing).
Most other stuff I try and headshot at the moment.

Also,some people are miffed the karma system has gone but the new way makes more sense. It's more realistic to have you're companions judge you than a metre that goes up or down when no.one is around

They were two completely separate things in the previous games. Karma was a reflection of all good and evil choices you personally make. Stealing something is bad (obviously), and so your karma goes down, making you more evil. The game knows your play style and opens up more unique chances to be evil (or to redeem yourself.)

Reputation on the other hand is how other people/factions view you. Stealing NCR equipment in NCR territory makes the NCR shun you for your deeds (along with negative karma.) As you perform actions that benefit a group, you will gain Fame. If you perform actions that harm a group, you will gain Infamy. Your reputation with any given group is a measure of the combined total of Fame and Infamy that you have earned. The benefits and drawbacks of any given reputation depend of the group itself. You may receive discounts with merchants, provoke attacks from hired thugs, or simply be treated differently.

Permabanned
They were two completely separate things in the previous games. Karma was a reflection of all good and evil choices you personally make. Stealing something is bad (obviously), and so your karma goes down, making you more evil. The game knows your play style and opens up more unique chances to be evil (or to redeem yourself.)

Reputation on the other hand is how other people/factions view you. Stealing NCR equipment in NCR territory makes the NCR shun you for your deeds (along with negative karma.) As you perform actions that benefit a group, you will gain Fame. If you perform actions that harm a group, you will gain Infamy. Your reputation with any given group is a measure of the combined total of Fame and Infamy that you have earned. The benefits and drawbacks of any given reputation depend of the group itself. You may receive discounts with merchants, provoke attacks from hired thugs, or simply be treated differently.

Yeah I know dude I just think it feels more streamlined. Not that I didn't like it in previous games it just doesn't make sense to lose karma for stealing things no one will ever know was you

Caporegime
Yeah I know dude I just think it feels more streamlined. Not that I didn't like it in previous games it just doesn't make sense to lose karma for stealing things no one will ever know was you

Karma was supposed to be personal reflection and I assume people would notice at the 3 extremes who you were.

It was dumb in Bethesda's implementation, so instead of adding depth they did the obvious.

Back
Top Bottom