**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Caporegime
294j79v.jpg

2mzw75u.jpg

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/665679144362115072

:)

Soldato
Ran into an issue. Went to craft a gun in Sanctuary but pressing E just gives me third person and no HUD for a few seconds before reverting back and now I'm stuck in 3rd person.. Middle mouse will not work. Help.

Soldato
I've found as a "go to" gun, making about the best .38 rifle possible is a decent investment in materials. It won't do crazy things but with a good sized magazine, better (automatic) receiver it starts being a handy general weapon as .38 is easily the most widely available ammo

The 10mm pistol you get right at the beginning seems to be the best handgun for a long time, much better than any of the .38 pipe guns imo. Still using the same pistol now at lv20, but have tuned it up steadily as I progressed. I have been putting points into non-automatic pistols and rifles, so my go to guns are my fully level 2 tuned hunting rifle, 10mm pistol and combat shotgun. Seems to work very well, just wanted that laser weapon for turrets and robots :(.

I have been trading the abundant .38 rounds for .303 and 10mm rounds and so far haven't spent a single cap.

Tried the suggestions above to get the laser weapon back that i lost but that secret room that supposedly has every weapon doesn't have anywhere near every weapon and I cant seem to get the console commands to work. Seems like I am SOL, but thanks for the help anyway.

Soldato
Same had dogmeat dissapear once and had to recall him via console...

Other then that bug been flawless for me... Trying out some sweetfx profiles and got the game looking pretty amazing..

Associate
Anyone know how to place a mine? I have frag mine selected, and I'd assumed it was hold 'alt', but that isn't working?

Edit:

Embarassed. Just remembered I changed the button for melee/grenade (stupid to have them both the same) to a mouse button. Oops!

Last edited:
Associate
Coming to the end of the main quest. Hmmm slightly disappointed in its length very disappointed. Feels like it should have had a few more quests in the main quest at least. Plenty to do in the game that's fair enough but shocking how short you could make it.

Permabanned
On the verge of uninstalling. Every hour I force myself to play it becomes more and more disappointing.

I have spent 8 hours exploring and I've found a whopping two random people. First guy told me he had somewhere important to be and gave me 5 caps. Second guy I don't actually think counts. He was just a panicked farmer running away from a mole rat. It also took me 6 hours to find a vendor. 6 hours!! This cat lover in the middle of nowhere. WTF is everyone?

The world is so empty and devoid of NPC interaction. If I spent 8 hours roaming around in any of Besthesda's game prior to this, I'd have met dozens of NPCs and a journal now overflowing with quests and stuff to do.

In this, it is so deserted it's just one junk filled building after another. And the building that has a load screen will have lots of baddies + junk. Oh yeah and lets not get started on the crude dialog or the removal of karma/reputation mechanic.

Speaking of hostiles. I'm at the Police Station fending off ghouls that are being spawn scripted out of thin air - right in front of me. LOL.

Fallout 4. A boring, uneventful open-world FPS with shoddy scripted game play.

Last edited:
Soldato
On the verge of uninstalling. Every hour I force myself to play it becomes more and more disappointing.

I have spent 8 hours exploring and I've found a whopping two random people. First guy told me he had somewhere important to be and gave me 5 caps. Second guy I don't actually think counts. He was just a panicked farmer running away from a mole rat. It also took me 6 hours to find a vendor. 6 hours!! This cat lover in the middle of nowhere. WTF is everyone?

The world is so empty and devoid of NPC interaction. If I spent 8 hours roaming around in any of Besthesda's game prior to this, I'd have met dozens of NPCs and a journal now overflowing with quests and stuff to do.

In this, it is so deserted it's just one junk filled building after another. And the building that has a load screen will have lots of baddies + junk. Oh yeah and lets not get started on the crude dialog or the removal of karma/reputation mechanic.

Speaking of hostiles. I'm at the Police Station fending off ghouls that are being spawn scripted out of thin air - right in front of me. LOL.

Fallout 4. A boring, uneventful open-world FPS with shoddy scripted game play.

+1

Soldato
I'll play it through now and then come back to see what the clever peeps out there have created.

I was attacked by a suicide Mole yesterday, you'll know what I mean when one pops up!

I've had broken textures in some areas but so far a re-load has brought them back. it might be something to do with forcing 3440x1440 via the .ini files.

Associate
60 fps for me exactly there, everything on max ...your moaning in this thread is becoming a bit too much sir. We got your opinion the first 3000 times :)

Screenie of fps for you :)

newxdnV.jpg

Looking the wrong way. And at night so no shadows.

WOW!

Ignore coreclock, its RTSS glitching.
PPJMt3L.jpg

You didnt specify your settings either. Besides, do it right rather than wrong. I said "look down on the town" not "The Capital City in the Distance with LOW LOD Models and Zero Shadows"

Last edited:
Soldato
If you explored for 8 hours and didn't find anyone then you and badboy are doing something wrong or the most unlucky people in the world.

More to the point, if you just don't like it, why force yourself to play? surely you have better things to be doing?

I never understand that, playing a game you hate, to moan on the interwebs that you don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom