**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
I restarted. Tbh I'm having trouble trying to play the game any differently than my first time. I tried going high strength for a mele build, but without stealth it is not great. You need either lock picking or hacking whatever you do, and as they have no real effect on anything else other than opening things they are pretty much the same.
I do have a better handle on what stats to put points in to though.

I just did the Covenant quest again.

really poorly designed quest. There is no middle ground at all. Even if you do morally object to them possibly killing innocent people, you have to kill something like 20 people in cold blood yourself. There is little reason behind it too. You basically just disagree with them, there should be a subtler option than massacring everyone!

Soldato
Do locations re-spawn/supplies replenish etc? I know for sure I've been to the same locations before and cleared them out yet when I re-visit, enemies and supplies are right where I found them the first time :(

Can anyone reassure me, stop me thinking I'm going mad...

Associate
Do locations re-spawn/supplies replenish etc? I know for sure I've been to the same locations before and cleared them out yet when I re-visit, enemies and supplies are right where I found them the first time :(

Can anyone reassure me, stop me thinking I'm going mad...

Yes, stuff respawns after certain periods of time. I don't know the intervals but it happens, one of Bethesda's ways of trying to keep the game going once you've done the main story.

Caporegime
OP
I don't know, I have seen enemies re-spawn frequently in "dungeons" on Skyrim, but in Fallout 3, once I had cleared a building, the enemies never seemed to return.

Also a certain change in the dynamics of one of the enemy types made me absolutely crap myself... :p

ferral ghouls in the super duper mart! Corpses coming to life, in the pitch black because of my shaders mod! And climbing in the windows! And spriting at you MUCH FASTER than before!

Last edited:
Soldato
"Tomorrows driver will include an SLI profile for Fallout 4.”

s8tjd7u.png

Finally, and it only cost me £450 to fix my SLI issues ha.

I don't know, I have seen enemies re-spawn frequently in "dungeons" on Skyrim, but in Fallout 3, once I had cleared a building, the enemies never seemed to return.

Also a certain change in the dynamics of one of the enemy types made me absolutely crap myself... :p

ferral ghouls in the super duper mart! Corpses coming to life, in the pitch black because of my shaders mod! And climbing in the windows! And spriting at you MUCH FASTER than before!

Yeah I cleared a certain very tall tower, and by the time I got back to the bottom, all the stuff inside (loot, chests, baddies) had respawned. It's too quick at times IMO.

LOL! Yeah, got rid of him ASAP, "Strong Friend!"

Going to send him to Sanctuary tonight. See if the NPCs notice or comment...

Installed my 980Ti last night. Got the game completely maxed out and get 60FPS everywhere :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Possibly a silly question, but how do you get lights to work - ceiling lights. I set up a couple of gennys outside and ran wire into the house but could only work out how to get power to the construction light things (yellow two lights on stands)

Having seen someone sorting all their stuff, I spent almost two hours making tables and putting cases on each table then sorting weapons, clothing, junk etc.

Lastly, how do you take a screenshot?

Soldato
Possibly a silly question, but how do you get lights to work - ceiling lights. I set up a couple of gennys outside and ran wire into the house but could only work out how to get power to the construction light things (yellow two lights on stands)

Having seen someone sorting all their stuff, I spent almost two hours making tables and putting cases on each table then sorting weapons, clothing, junk etc.

Lastly, how do you take a screenshot?

They get power from a grid, but the problem is that the game does not explain this properly. The best thing to do is to attach a conduit to the ceiling or external wall and run a wire to that. Providing the ceiling light is within two (I think?) walls or ceilings it will get power. I may be wrong but there is no official documentation on how the grid works or how far you can have items. If you select a new light in build mode and walk towards a power source, it should light up. Walk away until it goes off and that's your indication of range before needing another conduit to extend the power.

PrtScr for me. The game itself saves a BMP or PNG (I forget which) in the main directory.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm that was bit irritating, found 2 PA suits so thought I ask Preston to take one and then fast travel to Sanctuary with them, problem is once there I couldn't get him out of it, no option in the talk menu (and no fusion core to remove either, checked that). Which might be due to the fact I still not agreed to start taking the Castle yet, also think that's why I can't dismiss him as a follower either ?? If someone could confirm this would be appreciated. :) Also, while on the subject of Preston, if I say we ready to retake the Castle, does it mean it has to be done right away or can it wait and I can dismiss him while he put together a Minuteman team and go later on sometime ?? Thanks ! :)
_______

Had a couple fun things happening yesterday, putting some in spoiler though incase others don't want to know about certain Legendary Weapons.

This one made me chuckle a bit, considering the weapon not many gonna be poisoned after having used it and those that still alive most likely need a 2nd one shoot at them anyway. :eek:

And this one, sure I take it and walk up to a Super Mutant and bash him with it.. uhmm NOT !! :p
This one is a bit funny I think, we can make Toilets in the Settlement Building menu but they look broken and ugly, still there is proper ones around the wasteland still. Wonder why we can't build these instead.

As I was about to log out I noticed something strange on my workshop roof, so went into my Settler Building next to my main workshop area. Somehow she managed to get herself ontop of there, had to build a stair and once I walked up and infront of her she just turned and walked down. Weird woman. :rolleyes: (and yes, before you ask it is Marcy Long ! )

If anyone else has some funny moments in the game post your screenies ! :p

Soldato
Sorry, still going on about fruit. Half the ones I'm planting are bugged. I go into build mode and the ones that aren't producing fruit, also don't light up in yellow. Just going to be a case of destroying them via the console (click and type disable) and replanting. If not I'm just going to have to use console commands to give me tatos. Same has happened with corn and mut fruit

Associate
Sorry, still going on about fruit. Half the ones I'm planting are bugged. I go into build mode and the ones that aren't producing fruit, also don't light up in yellow. Just going to be a case of destroying them via the console (click and type disable) and replanting. If not I'm just going to have to use console commands to give me tatos. Same has happened with corn and mut fruit

I've noticed fruit/plants can get damaged and I have to "Repair" them via the build menu and then re-assign settlers to them before they start producing food again. Might be worth checking? :)

Soldato
I had one of my settlers on the roof as well. Think I quick saved and reloaded and he was on the ground. Didn't bother building stairs for him to come down. :)

I had to use console the other day to spawn T-45 helmet. Left the power armor in Sanctuary after repairing it. Went out to do some things and when I came back I noticed that the armor looked weird standing there. Looked around it and in inventories but no sign of helmet. Hate using cheats. :(

Soldato

I had that before but after doing some quests and coming back to settlement they were growing fine. I thought it was just the "cycle" after they have harvested the fruit/ veg it takes bit of time to grow again.
Also when I highlighted my farmers all the plants he/she is assigned to light up and between them my whole field was assigned.

Soldato
I had that before but after doing some quests and coming back to settlement they were growing fine. I thought it was just the "cycle" after they have harvested the fruit/ veg it takes bit of time to grow again.
Also when I highlighted my farmers all the plants he/she is assigned to light up and between them my whole field was assigned.

Yeah that's what I mean - Only the ones that produce fruit can be assigned to. The others might as well be random rocks - they cannot be assigned to, picked from, scrapped or stored. I'll get a video of it tonight :)

I've noticed fruit/plants can get damaged and I have to "Repair" them via the build menu and then re-assign settlers to them before they start producing food again. Might be worth checking? :)

Thanks, I'll try that, but like I say, I can't do anything with them so far...

Soldato
I meant that even the plants I couldn't "light up" were already assigned to a farmer. After coming back from questing they were growing fine and I could highlight them.

Back
Top Bottom