**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Man of Honour
So in 2 levels I've gone from struggling against hard mobs to totally OP for level

lvl 20 mole miner claw = 130~
lvl 30 deathclaw = 312
lvl 30 bloodied mole miner claw = 499 before chems, food etc or 400 at 50% health

Everything stacks, bloodied + Adrenal Reaction + Talons + Twisted Muscles + Iron Fist

You can get more OP than that. Bloodied builds running at 19% health pick up even more multiplying bonuses (and yet another if you wear power armour with the emergency protocols mod, so there's that for when you switch to heavy gunner) and there's a setup for health regen that makes it almost impossible for a bloodied build to die. If you're not one-shotted, you don't die. Any damage and you immediately rubber-band back to 19%.

Bloodied is massively OP at the moment. Add in the magic legendary effects on weapon or armour and it's completely farcical. A highly optimised bloodied melee build can hit for >5,000 without crits and one-hit everything.

Do you have the claw mods that add an extra claw for more damage?

Soldato
Oh I’m only lvl 32 atm, still have some perks etc to go. Have the claw mods equipped.

Currently could add chem, food buffs, bobblehead and magazine. At 50 theres adrenaline, bloody mess, nerd rage and then the Armor effects

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well, I decided to craft my 1st 3 gauss shotguns despite not using shotguns because why not? I have plenty of legendary modules. It's a shame it doesn't tell you what you've got when you craft it, hence the batch of 3.

1* nocturnal. Oh wow!
1* anti-armour. Better, but nothing worth keeping.
3* nocturnal. Bah! But it has 50% limb damage, which IIRC is a magic effect.

Ah well, do another 3...

3* medic's. Meh. It has FFR. Not a complete write-off, but still scrip fodder.
3* ghoul slayer's. Because ghouls are just what you need extra damage against. But FFR and 90% weight reduction.
2* bloodied with bashing damage, which IIRC is a magic effect.

Hmm...bloodied PA shotgunner might be in my future.

Soldato
Yes I am but is also a hybrid heavy gunner build where you have to swap the perk cards out! I never bothered with other players builds I have my own from trial & error & lots of research!!

Soldato
How do you get such a high carry weight? Mine is 435 in Excavator PA with motion assisted servos for +2 str. So it's 90-100 below yours. What's your strength? Are you running a bloodied unyielding build?
I have 15 STR 15 END 14 INT (INT boosts XP earned apparently). CAL Shocks add 100 Carry weight to the Excavator (50 per leg) so its around 495-530 depending on health levels as I also use Radicool as this boosts massively any Bloodied weapons & increases carry weight ;) its a great perk but you die a lot!
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Radicool

Soldato
I thought backpacks were useless in power armour. Am I wrong?

No you aren't wrong. I just bought it as I'd planned to respec my char to Sneak with the secret service armor so bought the backpack mod to reduce chem weight and save me using the travelling pharmacy perk that I alway use in Strength. Got a Bloodied Explosive Fixer and Bloodied Explosive Handmade doing nothing and cba to level up another char. Didnt do it in the end though because the thought of the rng grind of getting a full set of Unyeilding for the secret service armor doesnt appeal at all

T-65 is better than ultracite, so that's a possibility for something to get just to avoid the situation of having treasury notes building up because you can't redeem them due to the bullion limit. Or maybe one of the old Vault 94 PAs just for a change. Having said that, I have ~200 spare treasury notes. It is how it is. Maybe just keep your 5K bullion until you get enough faction rep to buy something you want.

Think I'll grab the T65 today actually, I only want the Calibrated Shocks and Emergency Protocols, then maybe a Helmet mod at some point.

Are you aware of how to turn in faction daily requests to increase your faction rep gain? It can make quite a bit of difference to how quickly you can gain faction rep. With the default ways of turning those quests in, it takes 65 days to go from neutral to ally. With the most effective ways, it takes 39 days for the same. Basic gist of it is to decline any reward when turning in a faction daily (the rewards are trivial and you still get the treasury notes, so it's no great loss) and to give (not sell) the photos you take of one faction for Davenport to the other faction (which again just costs you the trivial reward). For retirement plan, I boosted my charisma with grape mentats before talking to the raider and suggested they try Foundation - that gets extra Foundation rep.

Yeah am aware thanks, also there is an event near Ski Lodges where if you kill whatever animal spawns these before it hurts the raiders at the bottom of the hill then talk to them after you gain faction rep and also turning in some Mirelurk meat at Ohio River adventures get you some rep as well (queen meat gets the most).

Soldato
SS is a total waste of time if you are a PA user IME.

Just scripped all of my 3* LEG parts & gained 12 carry weight so I can now get 440 vs 425 with SS when not in the PA :rolleyes: The DMG protection of SS is also pretty useless its another in a long line of failed items added to extend gameplay time :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I have 15 STR 15 END 14 INT (INT boosts XP earned apparently). CAL Shocks add 100 Carry weight to the Excavator (50 per leg) so its around 495-530 depending on health levels as I also use Radicool as this boosts massively any Bloodied weapons & increases carry weight ;) its a great perk but you die a lot!

Something isn't adding up for me. I have 12 STR. You have 15 STR. Carry weight is +5 per STR. So you should have a carry weight 15 higher than mine. Your carry weight is 90-100 higher than mine - you get 425 in T-65, I get 425 in Excavator, so I'd get 325 in T-65. I am, of course, using calibrated shocks. 435 carry weight with the optimised servos torso mod that gives +2 str. I don't know if you're using that mod. If you are, my carry weight is 90 below yours. If you aren't, it's 100 below yours. Even if you're <20% health to get the max +5 str from Radicool and you've fitted the optimised servo mod, that should give you a carry weight 25 higher than mine, not 90 higher than mine. How am I missing at least 65 carry weight? That's a backpack's worth!

SS is a total waste of time if you are a PA user IME.

Just scripped all of my 3* LEG parts & gained 12 carry weight so I can now get 440 vs 425 with SS when not in the PA :rolleyes:

That would probably reduce how much you can carry because the SS armour is much heavier than PA. Without any miscellaneous mods, a set of buttressed SS armour with shielded BoS underarmour weighs 25.46. PA weighs 10. So you're 0.46 worse off in what you can carry while wearing the armour...until you add any miscellaneous mods. You might, for example, want to add the weighted mod to arms to get +10% armour piercing for melee attacks. That's an extra 2.2 weight. Custom fitted legs so you can reduce AP cost when sprinting, which you'll be doing a lot to close distance with enemies. That's an extra 0.9 weight. Maybe a jetpack on torso, since jetpacks are magic on SS armour and don't need any power source so why not have one? That's another 1.75 weight. So the amount you can carry while wearing the SS armour would probably be ~5 less than the amount you can carry while wearing PA.

It's still far too close, though. Power armour should give significantly better carry weight than unpowered armour. It's a nuclear-powered personal tank! It's clearly stated in the lore that infantry in PA fought against tanks, literal tanks, on the battlefield.

The DMG protection of SS is also pretty useless its another in a long line of failed items added to extend gameplay time :rolleyes:

A full set of buttressed SS with a shielded BoS underarmour should give 340 DR. That's substantial protection and it's a hell of a lot for unpowered armour. It's a lot more than the Excavator PA (240). And that's not including any perks that add protection only if you're not wearing PA, which could add an additional 175 DR.

You also gain the massive quality of life bonuses of not having the sickening headbob Bethesda inflicts on PA users, which is a major benefit. You also lose the constant, repetitive noise. And you gain smooth movement and fine movement.

Man of Honour
[..] Yeah am aware thanks, also there is an event near Ski Lodges where if you kill whatever animal spawns these before it hurts the raiders at the bottom of the hill then talk to them after you gain faction rep and also turning in some Mirelurk meat at Ohio River adventures get you some rep as well (queen meat gets the most).

Random encounter faction rep events can occur at dozens of different places. The details and maps are online but I've forgotten them. There are at least two types of random encounter event that can spawn as faction rep events, usually faction vs mob events. Slocum Joe's and Marigold Pavillion are two other good locations for that. I didn't consider it worth doing, though. You get 10 rep for those events. You get 550 from doing the 3 dailies in the most efficient way. You could teleport around and server hop and do as many random encounters as it takes to get 55 faction rep ones (probably a couple of hundred), but that would be a somewhat strange degree of dedication to farming rep.

Man of Honour
Congrats on breaking the game, soloing SBQs and generally wrecking everything, deffo try it out before patch 20 drops

I'd have to redo my build and redo my perk loadouts, though. I think it's not worth it for a couple of days of silly OP-ness. I'm still enjoying heavy gunner, so that shotgun's in my stash with my legendary L50 Fixer. Maybe I'll change my build to rifle/shotgun in the future.

What I'd really like is a lowered weapons mod with the same functionality as the one I used in FO4, but apparently that's impossible in FO76. There is a lowered weapons mod, but it doesn't have a delay and the author says they can't add one due to the restrictions in modding FO76. So your weapon ends up popping up and down as you fire.

I have no idea why Bethesda chose to have weapons always up. Firstly, it's unrealistic. Secondly, it's annoying to players, especially with heavy guns in power armour. Far too much of your screen is taken up with your gun and your arm. It would also be pretty much impossible in reality without power armour. Holding a heavy gun like that all day every day would require unrealistic strength. Maybe Bethesda did it to annoy players. That does seem to be at least part of the point of FO76, for some reason.

Soldato
yeah I'm using that mod and gotten used to it. Handy for some of the large melee weapons which take up all the screen.
You can just lose a bunch of health and try the gun, it wont need a build to be OP. My rifleman was using a pump-action magic shotgun with just sceetshooter and was one shotting most stuff. I think it'll have the current Gauss bug as well where you don't need to charge for vats shots to basically double magic.

Damn I should have held off using the Talons mutation. This char only has 1 ag atm so he#s now only got 20 AP can can't even run 20 meters

Soldato
Something isn't adding up for me. I have 12 STR. You have 15 STR. Carry weight is +5 per STR. So you should have a carry weight 15 higher than mine. Your carry weight is 90-100 higher than mine - you get 425 in T-65, I get 425 in Excavator, so I'd get 325 in T-65. I am, of course, using calibrated shocks. 435 carry weight with the optimised servos torso mod that gives +2 str. I don't know if you're using that mod. If you are, my carry weight is 90 below yours. If you aren't, it's 100 below yours. Even if you're <20% health to get the max +5 str from Radicool and you've fitted the optimised servo mod, that should give you a carry weight 25 higher than mine, not 90 higher than mine. How am I missing at least 65 carry weight? That's a backpack's worth!
Ok Here are my values you will need to post yours so I can compare & advise you if you need me to. I have used this exact same self build for well over a year now its tried & tested! I did a LOT of research beforehand as well.

When I need to use a heavy weapon I just swap a few perk cards (9 x melee 2 hand cards for 9 x heavy gunner) then switch to my Ultracite Bloodied 3* Gatling Gun which boosts to about 130 DMG per shot & kills most things fast as +30 Scorched DMG effect as well & very valuable!! But eats up Fusion Cores like candy!!! when its x2 or 3 XP it chews up so many I have to stop using it LOL!! I also converted it from UC Cores to Std Cores as the Fluxes grind is too much even for me LOL! I can also use a Minigun with these perks without changing anything else instead of the UC Gatling for similar results but again the ammo grind is so tedious I could not do it anymore!

Perk Cards:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBi0pjLUMeS_crsR

Mutations:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBqoafkETIJXCY-9

Excavator Std Carry Weight:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBnqBKT7pRbxjfFc

Excavator Rad Affected Carry Weight. This can also go to around 540 ish if I allow myself to be under 10% health remaining!:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBt2EZYYDNSHqxZm

No PA Carry Weight. I also run with a VT University Suit I made over a year ago which gives something like + 2END + 2INT +2AGI +1LCK (I got the plan which is rare well over a year ago so can make you one but I need the fluxes & mats please!!).
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoByBc6j5oIAFpO27

Soldato
A full set of buttressed SS with a shielded BoS underarmour should give 340 DR. That's substantial protection and it's a hell of a lot for unpowered armour. It's a lot more than the Excavator PA (240). And that's not including any perks that add protection only if you're not wearing PA, which could add an additional 175 DR.
T65 is insane DR with base values its simply not worth using anything else unless like me you keep having carry weight issues LOL. With some perks cards T65 goes beyond 700 DR I believe its great for that but carry weight is very poor overall.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/T-65_power_armor

Shielded BOS Underarmour would mean I lose my VT University Stats boost though which are really valueable gameplay wise!!

Man of Honour
yeah I'm using that mod and gotten used to it. Handy for some of the large melee weapons which take up all the screen.
You can just lose a bunch of health and try the gun, it wont need a build to be OP. My rifleman was using a pump-action magic shotgun with just sceetshooter and was one shotting most stuff. I think it'll have the current Gauss bug as well where you don't need to charge for vats shots to basically double magic.

Damn I should have held off using the Talons mutation. This char only has 1 ag atm so he#s now only got 20 AP can can't even run 20 meters

Are you using Class Freak 3? I overlooked that perk and wrongly thought mutations were of debateable use as a result. Talons is only AGI -1 with Class Freak 3.

Man of Honour
Ok Here are my values you will need to post yours so I can compare & advise you if you need me to. I have used this exact same self build for well over a year now its tried & tested! I did a LOT of research beforehand as well.

When I need to use a heavy weapon I just swap a few perk cards (9 x melee 2 hand cards for 9 x heavy gunner) then switch to my Ultracite Bloodied 3* Gatling Gun which boosts to about 130 DMG per shot & kills most things fast as +30 Scorched DMG effect as well & very valuable!! But eats up Fusion Cores like candy!!! when its x2 or 3 XP it chews up so many I have to stop using it LOL!! I also converted it from UC Cores to Std Cores as the Fluxes grind is too much even for me LOL! I can also use a Minigun with these perks without changing anything else instead of the UC Gatling for similar results but again the ammo grind is so tedious I could not do it anymore!

Perk Cards:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBi0pjLUMeS_crsR

Mutations:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBqoafkETIJXCY-9

Excavator Std Carry Weight:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBnqBKT7pRbxjfFc

Excavator Rad Affected Carry Weight. This can also go to around 540 ish if I allow myself to be under 10% health remaining!:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoBt2EZYYDNSHqxZm

No PA Carry Weight. I also run with a VT University Suit I made over a year ago which gives something like + 2END + 2INT +2AGI +1LCK (I got the plan which is rare well over a year ago so can make you one but I need the fluxes & mats please!!).
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuGUWM4RHvmoByBc6j5oIAFpO27

Hmm...I can't access that site. "Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at 1drv.ms."

My SPECIAL stats and my perk cards on my general runaround loadout are here:

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/...0ic1i90ip2a72a02lt2lu2ls2l71&w=&n=standard&m=

My mutations are Bird Bones, Healing Factor, Marsupial, Scaly Skin and Speed Demon. They only affected my max carry weight by 15. +20 for Marsupial, -5 for the -1 str from Bird Bones. My standard Excavator carry weight is 435.

I have some convenience perks on my general loadout, so I could change some stats and perks if there was a good reason. I like to have lock picking always available because I'm always scavving. The perk to make magazine beep because I'm collecting magazines for my displays. Green thumb because I make a lot of soup. First aid and pharmacist could easily go. I always acquire far more stimpaks and radaway than I use.

I mainly use an anti-armour faster fire rate 50 cal now. My anti-armour faster fire rate gatling gun does ~2x damage per shot but the fire rate is only 28. So I slightly upped my scavving for lead and steel and acid and switched to mainly the 50 cal. Oddly, I'm seeing two damage numbers per shot with the 50 cal. One ~80 and one ~15. No idea why - it's not explosive and has no energy damage either.

Soldato
Hmm...I can't access that site. "Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at 1drv.ms."

My SPECIAL stats and my perk cards on my general runaround loadout are here:

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/...0ic1i90ip2a72a02lt2lu2ls2l71&w=&n=standard&m=

My mutations are Bird Bones, Healing Factor, Marsupial, Scaly Skin and Speed Demon. They only affected my max carry weight by 15. +20 for Marsupial, -5 for the -1 str from Bird Bones. My standard Excavator carry weight is 435.

I have some convenience perks on my general loadout, so I could change some stats and perks if there was a good reason. I like to have lock picking always available because I'm always scavving. The perk to make magazine beep because I'm collecting magazines for my displays. Green thumb because I make a lot of soup. First aid and pharmacist could easily go. I always acquire far more stimpaks and radaway than I use.

I mainly use an anti-armour faster fire rate 50 cal now. My anti-armour faster fire rate gatling gun does ~2x damage per shot but the fire rate is only 28. So I slightly upped my scavving for lead and steel and acid and switched to mainly the 50 cal. Oddly, I'm seeing two damage numbers per shot with the 50 cal. One ~80 and one ~15. No idea why - it's not explosive and has no energy damage either.
Weird its only MS One Drive with public access for all to those pics! Nevermind.

My Mutations are: Electrically Charged, Grounded, Healing Factor, Marsupial, Speed Demon. Twisted Muscles & Unstable Isotope.

I think I spotted something from your Perks!

Your missing STR Strong Back x 4 which adds 40 to Carry Weight
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Strong_Back

Also Portable Power x 3 which reduces PA weight by 75%! This means I can carry my 20 or so PA around with me instead of wasting stash space on them saves 200lbs stash space.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Portable_Power

This adds a bit more as well & scales with how much weapon DMG you get. The higher the Rads the greater the DMG but you die a lot in fact pretty much every single Melee encounter you die!

This one as well improves STR a lot! I can get up to 25 STR + 22 END which helps!
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Solar_Powered

If you want to reconfigure your Perks try those 4 for starters ;) I can get up to 530-540 carry weight on mine with high rads & low health or up to 440 with no PA equipped but remember I also have a VT University Jump suit which boosts my Stats a little as well & can be worn with other Armour.

Soldato
Are you using Class Freak 3? I overlooked that perk and wrongly thought mutations were of debateable use as a result. Talons is only AGI -1 with Class Freak 3.

Yeah it was Scaly Skin and Talons together with low Ag at this level. Fixed now. Class Freak is up at lvl 46.
It's not much of an issue, took out a lvl 92 green deathclaw without taking any damage. Poor things are so weak in this game

Does anyone know if Ricochet blocks damage or just sends some damage back to the mobs?
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks/ricochet

ah ignore that, looks like it's a worthless perk. Broken or just sends back too little damage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom