**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
I noticed in his review that I was right about something - Bethesda are charging real money (and lots of it) for settlement building objects. $3 fior a crap door, for example. Just one crap door. $3. That's not surprising, given the extremes Bethesda go to in order to insult their customers.

This is what annoys me with people taking reviews as legit. Bethesda aren't charging for building objects. They're selling skins for things you already have. Want to build a generator, go ahead. Want to build a generator that looks like it just came off the production line, buy a skin for it.

And people have repeated this as fact and now Bethesda are charging people to build their settlements.

The atomic store is for cosmetic items only, there's no pay to win or pay to play. In fact a lot of the clothing sold in the store can be found in the game if you loot it.

I saw another halfwit complaining that missions are empty and dull and that doing a basic run to the airport took him 45 minutes. And then his video showed him fast forwarding through 25 minutes of combat/exploration he did on the way and he did the mission in in about 18 minutes. And he complained all the way through his voice over that the mission was dull, with nothing to do and it took him 45 minutes, hammering those same points over and over again.

And people took his version of events as real and agreed with him in the comments.

Yes, it's bugged, it's not for everybody, but the game is fun if you play it wanting to have fun.

Soldato
Heads up NVIDIA users new driver mixed with patch seems to have smoothed things out a lot for me. Near enough constant 60FPS @ 4k`
Since day 1 I have had even on the beta decent performance @ 4K. FPS are now allowed up to 200FPS on the latest patch for those with 144mhz monitors & 21:9 is also allowed right now if someone edits their ini file until the official 21:9 support is launched.
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-114-fallout-76-patch-allows-unlocked-fps-and-fixes-speed-hacks/
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/139905

People on the fence are running out of excuses as to why not buy if they are close to a purchase!

Associate
I am interested but Battefield on origin seems like a safer option at the moment. Although I am eager to get in to the world of fallout again.

Man of Honour
This is what annoys me with people taking reviews as legit. Bethesda aren't charging for building objects. They're selling skins for things you already have. Want to build a generator, go ahead. Want to build a generator that looks like it just came off the production line, buy a skin for it. [..]

That's generally considered different building objects. They're not real things, so the appearance is important. Although modders often go much further than just a bit of reskinning. So yes, Bethesda are charging for building objects. Which makes me wonder why they made building even worse in FO76 than in vanilla FO4.

It's normal to be annoyed by people disagreeing with you. It's also normal, though much less understandable, to dismiss any such disagreement as illegitimate. There's a lot of that on both sides, unfortunately.

Man of Honour
Is it that bad?

I'd say not. It's very bad, but not that bad. What really grates on many people isn't simply that it's a badly made bad implementation of a bad idea (which it is) or that the "PC" version is a badly ported Xbox version (which it is) or that it's buggy (which it is) or mostly empty (which it is) or repetitive (which it is) or feels even more empty due to everyone being dead (which it does). No...what really grates on many people who like Fallout is that it isn't uniformly bad. There are many good bits in it. There's the bulk of a good Fallout game in it. There really is. So to many Fallout fans FO76 grates like someone has vomited on one of your favourite items of clothing.

I bought it for £27. I think it's probably going to be worth that much to me. It has no longevity, though. There's no replay value or continued play value. FO4 I pre-ordered sight unseen and I also pre-ordered all the DLC sight unseen. ~£70 and superb value for money. FO76...at best the numerous bad parts of it are tolerable for the good parts. I'd say it was worth a trial if it was free. But at £50? Not a chance. It's not worth £50 to gamble on whether you will find the good parts worth tolerating the bad parts.

Man of Honour
Guys do we have a list of beth usernames so we can start linking up in game?

I'm currently level 8 but wouldn't mind someone regular to play with...

If you had someone regular to play with you wouldn't have as much time to play FO76 :)

I'm no use to you for FO76 - like almost all FO76 players, I'll only play solo. If I wanted a party MP game, I'd play one that's good at it. At most, I might wave at you if I see you ingame. But I'll probably just ignore you, like everyone else.

I have a question I think I know the answer to but I hope I'm wrong...

If a player picks up a note that's not in a container, will that note be missing for another player who comes to the same place shortly afterwards?

A large part of the point of a Fallout game to me is reading notes.

Soldato
If you had someone regular to play with you wouldn't have as much time to play FO76 :)

I'm no use to you for FO76 - like almost all FO76 players, I'll only play solo. If I wanted a party MP game, I'd play one that's good at it. At most, I might wave at you if I see you ingame. But I'll probably just ignore you, like everyone else.

I have a question I think I know the answer to but I hope I'm wrong...

If a player picks up a note that's not in a container, will that note be missing for another player who comes to the same place shortly afterwards?

A large part of the point of a Fallout game to me is reading notes.
Think all notes & items are player world only items so whatever you do with them does not effect others game world experience. Bethesda should have made the game ignore all other players option as well if they can do it for inventory & quest items why not the entire MP player base as most are Solo anyway!

Had my first server disconnect last night (in 100 hours gameplay time) mid quest as well not a good sign I thought the server maintenance was to boost reliability not make it worse :eek:

Back
Top Bottom