Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
Here's to another year of stress :p

So far only "leaks" and "rumours"

- 20 weekend league games per week

- Must win 3+ games in a row out of 5 games to qualify for the weekend league and you can only attempt 3 times a week (maybe like the old tournament mode)

- Weekend league rewards can include specific players.. the better the rank the better the player

- Revised rivals league and more than 10 divisions mainly for the pros most likely

- Next Gen consoles getting a more polished game with extra features inc hypermotion tech (probably just marketing jargon)

- New hero cards and icons for FUT

- PC players only getting the PS4 version of the game with reduced next gen features. Absurd if true that's a deal breaker for them guys.

- Allegedly a revamped pro clubs mode which I'm mostly excited about

Official trailer
https://youtu.be/o1igaMv46SY

FIFA 22 key dates:
EA Hypermotion show - July 20
EA Play Live - July 22
Web App & EA Play trial - Sept 22
3-day Early Access - Sept 27
Launch - Oct 1

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'd be locked out of the best rewards in that case as I wouldn't qualify for the Weekend League. I'm not sure I like the sound of the leaks
Did you play when daily knockout tournament was a thing to qualify?.. not a massive fan either, unless you hit say 7 wins and get auto qualification.

However only 20 games and this format means every game will probably be pure sweat start to finish.

Soldato
OP
I haven't played 21 in 3 months. The downside is when I play 22 I'll be rubbish. :p

I'm in dyer need of a new game though Battlefield and FIFA will hopefully bring my playstation back to life.

Soldato
OP
Anyone played the beta, I know it's meant to be not spoken about, but a yay or nay will do for now .. I'll say nay. That said it'll change for release and then again after patch 1.

Soldato
OP
As much as I didn't really like the beta, 3 months of not playing FIFA and the lack of new games is taking its toll. I hope to god this turns out decent, if not it's a potential battlefield year for me.

Oh and I hope I get a good free OTW card as there's been so many good transfers. I'm sure it'll be Ramsdale though.

Soldato
OP
I'm the same, although I still cannot get hyped for this. I played the beta but just seeing FUT with nothing really new was just really underwhelming.

I don't know whether to get COD or BF. I only play multiplayer and I could never get into BF that way.
I've signed up for cod beta tomorrow. But I'm done with multiplayer cod, I enjoy warzone but the multiplayer is dry now unless tomorrow sparks it off for me again.

This battlefield coming has loads of new modes and additions so I think it will be the game of choice.

Like you FIFA isn't hyping me but I miss a football game

Soldato
OP
Around this time of the year I'm normally mega hyped for fifa but I actually cancelled my pre order a few weeks ago, this was mainly due to fifa 21s content/sbcs/promos being awful, fut champs reward being awful every week and I was really hoping for more Co op modes but sadly EA haven't bothered with a Co op fut champs mode or something similar.
Yeah it seems this time there going to make you play it more too with the new rivals, fut champs midweek then champs playoffs then obvcourse weekend league. I don't have the time anymore with a 1 year old and work to play that much these days.

Im still going to be buying as I always do, but there certainly losing faith from the community these days.

Soldato
OP
No question about it. I’m ready to get hurt again.

Been trying to get my hands on a ps5 but it doesn’t look like I’ll get one in time for release.

Been reading that only the ultimate edition will get a free upgrade from PS4 to ps5 so will go for that. Just need to find a good way to get it cheap like last year.

EDIT: Seems to be the same in that
  1. Get EA Play
  2. Get PSN topup
  3. Pre-order via Fifa 21
That's what I did mate

Soldato
OP
Only just had chance to play this had about 5 games of draft and I'm not sure yet. Seems abit too slow for my liking and goalkeepers are on some performance enhancing drugs.

Soldato
OP
Did an advanced sbc and packed Haaland. Made a bundes team to fit him in and he's been immense.

Went 5win out of 5 then played some dude with Mbappe, pogba, Varane, bruno and couldnt compete feels bad.

Back
Top Bottom