Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
Here's to another year of stress :p

So far only "leaks" and "rumours"

- 20 weekend league games per week

- Must win 3+ games in a row out of 5 games to qualify for the weekend league and you can only attempt 3 times a week (maybe like the old tournament mode)

- Weekend league rewards can include specific players.. the better the rank the better the player

- Revised rivals league and more than 10 divisions mainly for the pros most likely

- Next Gen consoles getting a more polished game with extra features inc hypermotion tech (probably just marketing jargon)

- New hero cards and icons for FUT

- PC players only getting the PS4 version of the game with reduced next gen features. Absurd if true that's a deal breaker for them guys.

- Allegedly a revamped pro clubs mode which I'm mostly excited about

Official trailer
https://youtu.be/o1igaMv46SY

FIFA 22 key dates:
EA Hypermotion show - July 20
EA Play Live - July 22
Web App & EA Play trial - Sept 22
3-day Early Access - Sept 27
Launch - Oct 1

Last edited:
Caporegime
Confirmed club hero cards so far:

Mario Gomez Bundesliga Germany 88
Tim Cahill Premier League Australian 85
Diego Milito Serie A Argentina 88
Jorge Campos Liga BBVA MX Mexico 87
Fernando Morientes LaLiga Santander Spain 89
Sami Al-Jaber MBS Pro League Saudi Arabia 86
Robbie Keane Premier League Ireland 86
Abedi Pele Ligue 1 Uber Eats Ghana 89
Clint Dempsey MLS United States 85

Caporegime
Recently went back to Fifa 20 to mop up a few trophies and it was a completely different experience and one I enjoyed.

No 1 depth, drop back, counter attack rats, just people playing for fun. Made me realise I can ignore the issues with the servers and gameplay, I just can't stand the boredom of playing the same team abusing the same tactics over and over again.

If they removed custom tactics I might go back but I only really missed the SBCs and the team building aspect of Fifa last year :o

Soldato
OP
I'd be locked out of the best rewards in that case as I wouldn't qualify for the Weekend League. I'm not sure I like the sound of the leaks
Did you play when daily knockout tournament was a thing to qualify?.. not a massive fan either, unless you hit say 7 wins and get auto qualification.

However only 20 games and this format means every game will probably be pure sweat start to finish.

Associate
I haven’t played 21 since before xmas I just completely lost interest.

I’ve just gone nuts and pre ordered 22. Who am I kidding I’m going to get it on release day so may aswell get the bonus stuff.

Hopefully a long break from it will be just the job.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I haven't played 21 in 3 months. The downside is when I play 22 I'll be rubbish. :p

I'm in dyer need of a new game though Battlefield and FIFA will hopefully bring my playstation back to life.

Soldato
They always talk a good game and suck people including myself in the years gone by.

It’s not the content that is the problem it’s the mechanics, net code or whatever which creates the lag running in treacle affect.

Let's see if Hypermotion helps with some of the animation stuff.

I would hope EA are taking more note since they started to allow you to report lag in your games.

Probably be same old same old though

Back
Top Bottom