Official FIFA 23 Thread

Associate
If it's in offline mode shouldn't have any issues at all mate, as it's designed to run on consoles. People have mentioned menu lag but not during games, when offline.

Man, so I really hit Fifa hard this week/weekend. I finished my 8 games in rivals in div 3, rank 3 in Champs and also did FUT qualifications and got rank 3. I even did SB and got Elite 1 (true pain) - All of that, less than 200k coins, no joke. Ridiculous man. Everything was a minimum discard value..

Nope it's absolutely terrible. It goes through 10-15 seconds really stuttering about 4-5 times a match on Career mode.

I've cleared the cache, rebuilt the database and disabled the online play on the off chance it was for some reason still connecting even on single player. No dice.

When it's smooth it's brilliant, but these laggy sections make it really miserable experience.

Associate
I think I've figured it out! Looks like my TV had switched off of Game mode at some point and I hadn't noticed - playing silky smooth now!

Nice, glad it's working properly! Weird that something like that would cause that serious a performance issue but at least it's working now. :)

Unfortunately this now means you're trapped in the never-ending misery of being a Fifa player. :p

Associate
Made it to Division 6 the other night. Waltzed through Division 7. My team is crap compared to many but here it is:

Kobel

Zinchenko---Hernandez---Dias---Mafeo

B. Silva---Koke---Neves

Gomez---Jesus---Berghuis

Berghuis is absolutely quality. Fun team. Gomez as in the La Liga attacking mid, swapped to a LW.

Associate
Omg... no more complaining about pack luck or rewards, just packed Toure from my Hero pack... Personally I think that's the best you can pull from the 87's, buzzing :). One of my favourite "modern" players, can't wait to use him.

FIFA-23-24-10-2022-18-32-04.png

FIFA-23-24-10-2022-18-42-35.png

Last edited:
Associate
After all the moaning I made about not getting it this year, I’ve just come home from work and the wife has bought me a copy :D

Welcome to the pain train! Say good bye to pleasant relaxing weekends with 0 stress, your partner knows what she's doing. :p

Soldato
Ohhhh I opened a pack and got Gomez(Liverpool) but the card is all black with a gold outline, that’s good right? It’s a TOTW card

Edit: Got 15k coins, what’s the meta formation this year?

Last edited:
Associate
Ohhhh I opened a pack and got Gomez(Liverpool) but the card is all black with a gold outline, that’s good right? It’s a TOTW card

Edit: Got 15k coins, what’s the meta formation this year?

4231 narrow, 4222 and 4321 are the most popular from what I've seen in Div Rivals and Champs. I personally use 4321.

Associate
Current team below after that ridiculous pack luck. I have 1.1m coins spare, not having to buy Toure saved a further 1.4m, very fortunate. He's excellent for what it's worth, unsurprisingly. He's similar to players like VVD and Alaba, in that the lengthy style really does make him pacey, plus he likely has a certain amount of custom animations which always helps. His shooting is excellent and due to his size he's a handful for opponents in the midfield, especially when paired with Kessie.

Trying to figure out how to upgrade the team:

Untradeables = Dembele, Toure, Kessi, TOTW Cancelo and Alaba. They're all great and no interest in dropping any of them, unless I can get a huge upgrade.

Thing is I don't really want to take out Nedved or Ronaldo at the moment. So the obvious position to upgrade seems to be RW, dropping Dembele to the bench. I can also switch out Walker for another LB/RB for chemistry reasons depending on who I buy. Open to suggestions, doesn't have to be RW, could switch formation.

Image in spoilers due to size:
97-F119-FA-A799-4023-80-E0-6-CDEE4-D0-BA71.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Damn, made a potentially expensive silly mistake. Decided I wanted to try Dalglish as my RW, the 87 can play that position. Then noticed the 90 has better stats in all categories and wasn't that much more so picked it up, only to find out it can only play ST and CF. Due to the other players in my team I can't get everyone in the right position, so for now Dalglish is starting with 0 chem in RW. Doesn't seem to make much difference to the card though. Will still be keeping an eye on prices and offloading him once I can cover the tax mistake. If I can't then I'll keep him.

Don
OP
I got bored of sitting on coins and just spent them all. The usual CR7/Haaland up front is ridiculous although absolute love the Phillips card, one of them cdms that just seems to be everywhere. Even Ljungberg is some use on the right!

Permabanned
God Dammit, so weak, bought the standard edition cheapish from Turkey vpn :(

After the 10 hour trial and a couple of ok pulls from free packs rocking this mighty team.
BfZ7I1N.png

Must not buy coins, must not buy coins.....trying to stay rtg :cry:

Associate
God Dammit, so weak, bought the standard edition cheapish from Turkey vpn :(

After the 10 hour trial and a couple of ok pulls from free packs rocking this mighty team.

Must not buy coins, must not buy coins.....trying to stay rtg :cry:

How did you manage to get that to work? It kept failing on my Starling/Monzo card.

Got mega-lucky this week. Packed Mbappe tradable, that's me sorted for coins this year :D Currently on PC and DIV4. I am finding it hard to find a team that works. Just put my team in Futbin builder, it's 1.5 million on PC. Cech, Cole, Smolarek, Bellingham, Valverde, Telles are untradable, seems I'm lucky this year :o

2btia14r1gv9.png

Screenshot-20221027-122924.png

Last edited:
Associate
I got bored of sitting on coins and just spent them all. The usual CR7/Haaland up front is ridiculous although absolute love the Phillips card, one of them cdms that just seems to be everywhere. Even Ljungberg is some use on the right!

I must say that Haaland causes me the most problems defensively when I come up against a decent opponent. One of the few players who really can catch up to pretty much any overhead ball, nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom