Official Glastonbury Thread: 2007

Associate
Diesel said:
Do people just go to Glasto for the drugs? Because there is an awful lot of crap on that list.

What a stupid thing to say lol, are you on drugs??

There are many different stages and many different acts, over 3 days (although Glastonbury is longer than 3 days)

They cater for everyone, young and old. Glastonbury is a special festival, you wont understand how special it is until you experience it.

Associate
Diesel said:
Do people just go to Glasto for the drugs? Because there is an awful lot of crap on that list.

For me at least, the music at Glastonbury isn't half of what its about. There's so much more to see and do, it's not like a lot of other festivals. As Cash_money said, you really have to experience it.

The lineups not half bad anyway!

Seetickets is showing tickets are in stock now, so I guess we'll be receiving them soon :D

Soldato
Yeah as previously mentioned, Glasto is not just about music....it's the 'whole' Glasto experience.

When you get there you'll find that there's usually 2 or 3 bands you want to see all on at the same time, so you usually miss some acts. Also you've got the caberet tents etc, and you have to spend an hour or two at least once to walk around the whole site.

The above list will probably only show a fraction of the big bands that will actually be there. I think most of the bands that have been popular in the last year or two will be playing.

It's also about PEAR CIDER!! :D

Associate
retribution said:
For me at least, the music at Glastonbury isn't half of what its about. There's so much more to see and do, it's not like a lot of other festivals.

Agreed, the music is just a bonus :D

Master Skooter said:

Damn i love that stuff, got real mashed up on it in 2000. Fell asleep by the jazz stage, woke a couple of hours later to find my friends had disappeared...probably to buy more :eek: :D

Soldato
Master Skooter said:
Yeah as previously mentioned, Glasto is not just about music....it's the 'whole' Glasto experience.

When you get there you'll find that there's usually 2 or 3 bands you want to see all on at the same time, so you usually miss some acts. Also you've got the caberet tents etc, and you have to spend an hour or two at least once to walk around the whole site.

The above list will probably only show a fraction of the big bands that will actually be there. I think most of the bands that have been popular in the last year or two will be playing.

Couldn't agree more. Gotta love the perry! :D

It really is about the whole feel of the festival and not about going to get lashed and off your face on drugs in a big field. That, I will admit, is often the side effect of going there, but on the whole it's about being one of many thousands and thousands of people who just want to have some good fun. There's stuff to do wherever you go, you can't help but enjoy yourself.

The last glasto we ended up doing some special cakes for breakfast. We ended up passing out in a laid back tent trying to get out of the 35c sun - on the Thursday! before it started raining - only to be woken up by a guy trying to rape me with a blow up doll.

Freaked the absolute **** out of me, but was funny after I'd kinda woken up. :p

Back
Top Bottom