1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official Global Agenda thread***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by cHk4, Jan 5, 2010.

1. cHk4

Sgarrista

***Offical(Well we have a fair few members!) OcUK clan DooM! Visit www.doom-guild.co.uk or messages
    Tashohnie, Trixta, Tals, Skuko, Primal or Nemah in game for invite!***

Release date 01/02/10

The game is a action based 3rd person shooter.
    The makers have described the game as World of Warcraft meets TF2.

Here is the trailor for it, which if this doesn't sell it I don't know what will!

Now here is a video of the game play - hope its the right video at work!

There are 4 classes, Assaulter (Tank/DPS) Reckon (Rogue/Assassin type class) Medic (Healer/DoT(damage overtime) type class) and a Robot (engineer from TF2)

Here is the brief description of a few things

Now there are two payment options, one is you pay per month the other is free to play. The below outline what you get with each option

Free to play
    Pay monthly
    You can pre purchase the game on steam for £31 and it means you get access to beta on the 7th. It is not an on going beta but it is a time tabled beta and they will let you know as and when they pop up.

I loved planet side and I know this will not be on the scale of that but I'm hoping it will be good.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. macca672

Mobster

a beefed up planetside? can only be a good thing!

done some reading up on it and the pricing seems reasonable for the premium subscription. £7.99 per month with slightly cheaper options for buying 3 or 6 months at a time. Its cheaper than warcraft :D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  3. apatia77

Mobster

Sounds like fun, I hope this game can deliver.

4. 'Wes

Capodecina

Looks good.

5. tals

Mobster

Anyone in the beta? Are you able to reveal anything - is it fun to play do you plan to continue playing after release etc? Also how restrictive is the beta - I understand they only open up particularly time slots to play.

Note as I understand it preordering on steam gets you into the beta

6. cHk4

Sgarrista

I will let you know the answers to your questions on Thursday :)

I didn't think £31 was bad, you also get 1 month free of the premium subsciption when you buy it so its not too bad.

Got 5 of my guild playing so if anyone wants to team up gimme a shout, add me to steam: cHk4

7. Swi1ch

Wise Guy

I will probably buy this based on the trailer alone. Never played an MMO before though. Other than the usual "OMG WOW WILL STEAL YOUR LIFE" thing, any advice?

Also, any ideas how much this will cost monthly to play the conquest mode?

8. Efour

Capodecina

If it can deliver a decent playing experience with 100+ people then im there
    I've had my eye on this for nearly a year it seems, but im not holding my breath just in case.

9. cHk4

Sgarrista

Which trailer? The no elfs one? That sold me also :D Thing is with this from what I gather its a little different from WoW, although there is the MMO aspect (or RPG) of leveling up you will be competitive from the word go. So its really a case of upgrades etc from the way I understand this game.

I believe its £7.99 a month

Yea Efour, I've been waiting for this for a while, been yearning for something a little Planetside like since I quit planetside... I have high hopes and really hopes it delivers!

10. Barno

Wise Guy

Interested in this but most of the leaked comments from CB are negative.

Would I need to pre-order before the beta starts in order to get access to it? I'd rather wait to hear some opinions first (not NDA breaking, just good/bad etc) before I lay down the cheese :)

11. KautoStar

Hitman

I thought the actual fights were only upto 8v8 ?

12. cHk4

Sgarrista

Think that side is 12vs12 or something like that. Paid players can do the below
    Also I heard a lot of good things about the game about from class balancing which is being sorted out.

13. cHk4

Sgarrista

14. tals

Mobster

Anyone in the beta - I think the NDA is released tomorrow - looking forward to impressions.

I'm also interested in the 4 pack deal - either to initiate or be part of (I hosted a borderlands one here if anyone needs reassurance :) ) Anyone else interested?

15. cHk4

Sgarrista

Well I spoke to a friend last night about it and he played it at e3 and he loved it. He said it plays really well and is very very polished. Looking forward to playing this bad boy tomorrow.

16. flibby

Sgarrista

I'm a little confused - it's an mmo but at any given time you are only playing with 4 - 12 people on your team? So no massive scale fights and no solo play?

[Edit]: Sorry just read on the subscription scheme that you can have 60 vs 60.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  17. tals

Mobster

I think it is akin to mmo ala Guild Wars style one shard lots of instances.

18. Sleepery

Sgarrista

That may not actually mean 60 vs 60 - sound more like 10 man teams in each instance, but your actions affect the other instances.

I hope it's good - I like the art style and the whole concept, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews.

19. eekfek

Soldato

this did have appeal when it was first shown, however it looks too limited in size and scope to be classed as an MMo and have a subscription.

I'll be giving this a miss and carrying on with Aion an subscription (*yes totally diff games I know*), I also think Section 8 is a better option for now but I will keep an eye on it and see how it performs on general release.

20. Clairvoyant

Soldato

Not a game for me. Dont think its worth a subscription.