***Official Global Agenda thread***

Soldato
Imo its a great game. I will say as it does say a lot on the site, team work is key to winning.

Yep the game has a nice balance of PVP and PVE stuff, the PVE i'm enjoying more than Borderlands - possibly it's a little clearer and you have non of this nonsense of multiple saves of the game dependant who created it.

Could be the sleeper hit of the year - the jet packs mean they can have relatively large areas with lots of areas to use them :) Really wish I could say more. Ohh well only a few weeks to go :)

Tals

Soldato
OP
the jet packs mean they can have relatively large areas with lots of areas to use them :) Really wish I could say more. Ohh well only a few weeks to go :)

Tals
You and those bloody Jet packs!

I might have to give this ago, probably another waste of money like the rest of these MMOs I buy but to be fair it looks quite good.

we will see.
Its great, it's really not like any other MMO. The only thing I could compare it to would be 3rd person planetside/tf2 - with out giving away anything to breach the NDA.

Soldato
Preordered this last night and downloaded the client from steam, didnt get a chance to play as i think the beta servers were down.

Looking forward to giving it a whirl after 6 tonight though. If its anything even close the the awsome that was planetside i will be very happy :D

Soldato
OP
Preordered this last night and downloaded the client from steam, didnt get a chance to play as i think the beta servers were down.

Looking forward to giving it a whirl after 6 tonight though. If its anything even close the the awsome that was planetside i will be very happy :D

Its hard as I want to say stuff but don't want to be in breach of the NDA.

It is not as large scale as planet side in terms of like 300vs300 players kinda thing. This information you can get from the site so I am not breaching the NDA.

You really really have to work as a team, I can't stress this enough. Some of the battles I have been involved have felt absolutely epic. I mean there have been some real tough fights I have been involved with. I am really liking the game and to be honest the beauty is imo, if you don't like it or after a few months find it lacking and you quit, when they release future patches you can try it out for free :)

Soldato
You and those bloody Jet packs!

Its great, it's really not like any other MMO. The only thing I could compare it to would be 3rd person planetside/tf2 - with out giving away anything to breach the NDA.

Yeah it looks a bit like Planetisde but Planetisde wasn't instanced and had hundreds of players. More like COd 4,

ie a few ranks on small servers to make it look a bit like an MMO

But I do like the idea of an MMOFPS so I will be playing.

Soldato
Yep I love the jetpacks - but then it adds a whole new facet to the game. Being sniped from up high - no problem jet pack away and you can then drop down on him. Likewise for increasing speed across maps etc. Just works very nicely.

Not sure how CH4 feels but the map size and pops are about right imho.

Soldato
Managed to get a good four hours in on the beta last night, tried a few different classes, had a total blast! Like everyone has said before on the pvp side, if your team doesnt work together you will get beaten 100%, if you have a well organised team you can faceroll the otherside.

I was more than suprised with the pve side of things too, that was excellent, working in 4 player co-op worked really well.

I presume all characters will get wiped at the end of beta ?

Soldato
OP
Yea tals, I think they have the map sizes right - grrr at NDA :p

Yes Andy they will be getting wiped mate.

Associate
Hey fellas, thought I'd let you know my Agency is recruiting members for launch :D
Details:
Name: INI
Voicecomms: Ventrilo/Mumble trying to decide which is best atm

General info:
INI has been around for a long time, played many games and have attended many LANs. INI was at it's biggest in Planetside where we were one of the best on Werner.

We are currently recruiting players of all classes to help us in AvA in Global Agenda. We plan on controlling Hexs as often as possible and to give the rewards of that back to the Agency/Alliance. Even you don't want to do AvA I'm sure everyone will be game for some PvE or maybe even some dance-offs!

We don't only play Global Agenda though, if you join you'd have great company in many games, including HoN, CoD4, MW2, LFD2, and even EvE :O
We have a ventrilo/mumble server which is HIGHLY encouraged. It's not mandatory but it makes things easier with organisation and just getting to know each other.

Soldato
it looks like futuristic team fortress

It's a little bit of that, it's very much like Guild Wars in how it handles instances, its MMO in character development. Where it rocks like TF is the classes are all very unique - i'm still finding my way. I like Robotics but I play it quite badly so will try the other classes - which I may play better, or maybe not:)

Game is a lot of fun. Lot's if NDA stuff to be revealed on release good and bad - only a few weeks to go.

Would I recommend the game - absolutely :)

Tals

Back
Top Bottom