***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Did you set it as the global setting and use adaptive not just vsync on in nvidia panel. Dont use it using nvidia inspector as i think it doesnt work too well that way i dunno.

One thing i tried to do which failed miserably is try to avoid vsync using frame rate limiter in nvidia panel. It really messes up the game if you avoid any form of vsync its like its a requirement to have vsync on in this game. I thought setting the fps to 58 would fix it and never tear as never go over 60 but ingame it did go over 58 as i set it went to 60 and i thought EH! So that method failed so the adaptive vsync is best i can come up with to avoid the 30fps drops when your near a little over 60fps due to vsync so far it works well it doesnt drop sharply now so less stutters as no more sharp drops.

Anyhow just sharing what i tried in general as that 30fps when you get it is not pleasent.

Use rivatuner statistics server to limit fps? I'll try when I get home to lock mine to 30fps and try running this in 4k scaled down to 1080p to see what results I get.

Probably a slide show as my poor 780 eats it's self.

Underboss
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Hi folks,

Apologies if every other post is one of these - I did scroll back a bit but didn't find a similar spec, so... how will it run? :)

i5 3570k @4.0
8GB
R9 280x 3GB
1920x1200

Cheers

Found this a few pages back :)

I was worried about how this would run on my HD7970 3GB with an overclocked i5 3570k however it runs real nice with pretty much everything cranked up to full at 1080.

Awesome game!

Caporegime
I bought Weazel Plaza. TBH, kind of wish I bought a cheaper option as when you think about it, you are hardly ever in the apartment :p

I think tinsel towers is regarded as being the best overall for location etc. though.

edit:

and yes you need to visit that guy in the wheel chair first in order to be able to set bountys!

Soldato
I will assume a 560ti will run like a pile on this ? Is 2 gig of vram and above on this.

Running a 560Ti "448 Edition" here, got a solid 60fps at 1680x1050. Most settings are normal but FXAA is on, and I've got x2 AF with about 80% distance scaling, 80% population density and about 40-50% population variety. I'm using V-Sync at the moment so I've not actually tried it uncapped. It's possible I could add some more AF and keep 60fps but I've not tweaked much.

Most textures are on normal as there just isn't enough vRAM (1.25GB) to have anything turned up. I'd say the visuals still look favourably comparable with the X1 version, but of course running at 60fps.

Soldato
They need to add fast travel if it isn't in the game already. IE tube/train stations, helicopter flights for the more up market. Would make getting around less tedious when on a mission/objective as it would help to avoid the free roam trolls :)

Soldato
It is in, just flag a taxi i presume its like it was in gta 4. Gets you around quick. Not tried it myself yet as hard to actually find a taxi compared to gta4 as most are sport or fancy cars. Would have been cool to use the phone to call a cab to pick u up but i dont think it does that.

Im sure u can ride the train too.

Associate
Running a 560Ti "448 Edition" here, got a solid 60fps at 1680x1050. Most settings are normal but FXAA is on, and I've got x2 AF with about 80% distance scaling, 80% population density and about 40-50% population variety. I'm using V-Sync at the moment so I've not actually tried it uncapped. It's possible I could add some more AF and keep 60fps but I've not tweaked much.

Most textures are on normal as there just isn't enough vRAM (1.25GB) to have anything turned up. I'd say the visuals still look favourably comparable with the X1 version, but of course running at 60fps.

wow thats good enough for me. Yet again thanks for the info :)

Soldato
Any one else have part of the game world missing ?
Always the same place on both offline and online :(

gta.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

If I go to close to the unloaded parts I get this error message
gta_2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Permabanned
I am at 10% on the story mode and it runs fine, i think it looks great and so much attention to detail. The interior of every car is different. I am yet to make decent money from missions.

Gothicghost where on the map is that? i have gone all around the map and have not come across that problem.

Soldato
It is in, just flag a taxi i presume its like it was in gta 4. Gets you around quick. Not tried it myself yet as hard to actually find a taxi compared to gta4 as most are sport or fancy cars. Would have been cool to use the phone to call a cab to pick u up but i dont think it does that.

Im sure u can ride the train too.

You call them from your phone and they turn up a few seconds later.

Back
Top Bottom