***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Fun games tonight! :D

I have tried a few sweetfx configs out but they are all too vibrant for me, especially on pinks, using wunkleys one now:

I'm on Project True Reality now, if you find others too saturated you might like this one, it's probably the most balanced:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/project-true-reality

I also suggest modifying the .ini file to increase traffic density and population/vehicle variety above ultra levels, makes the game even more impressive.

Might try that one out later, quite happy with wunkleys for now though :D

I set that stuff to max in the advanced graphics section and it killed my fps so I dread to imagine what FPS I will get with even higher settings :(

@skyfall

I noticed the same too, any time I change the sweetfx content for a new one and load the game, sweetfx fails to load, I need to remove all sweetfx/reshade stuff and then start the process again and then add the sweetfx preset before loading the game that I want to try.

I use this video:

I set that stuff to max in the advanced graphics section and it killed my fps so I dread to imagine what FPS I will get with even higher settings :(

Don't worry, traffic density/variety won't have any impact on your FPS, the only thing I've noticed is that the game now shows I'm using 5300mb of ram on my GTX 970;p

Here's the tut, you can always revert back to stock settings should something go wrong but I think it's worh a shot:

http://gtauniverse.com/index.php?th...rease-pedestrian-vehicle-variety-density.143/

Don't worry, traffic density/variety won't have any impact on your FPS, the only thing I've noticed is that the game now shows I'm using 5300mb of ram on my GTX 970;p

Here's the tut, you can always revert back to stock settings should something go wrong but I think it's worh a shot:

http://gtauniverse.com/index.php?th...rease-pedestrian-vehicle-variety-density.143/

Wow, that does look good! Going to be hard over taking cars :D Will give it a shot later, thanks.

Just done mine, going to jump in and see how the density is.

*edit - wow! Should have been like that from the start, I set my Car Density to 1.3 and it's like a proper city, loads of traffic. Much fun!

Last edited:

@skyfall

I noticed the same too, any time I change the sweetfx content for a new one and load the game, sweetfx fails to load, I need to remove all sweetfx/reshade stuff and then start the process again and then add the sweetfx preset before loading the game that I want to try.

I use this video:

Thanks, that finally worked for me :)

Tried that SweetFX and FPS keep dropping to 50 making the game a bit stuttery :( shame cause it does look much better.

It might be because the profile has HDR/SMAA enabled by default and that might actually decrease performance. Be sure to turn off any form of in-game AA if you're using any. You can also turn off SMAA or HDR in the SweetFX profile but I'm not sure how it'll look after disabling HDR.

I've also experienced frame drops with True Reality but they seemed kind of random. I was sitting on almost solid 60fps in the city but the framerate was tanking big time around the Paleto Forest Sawmill. The funny thing is, that didn't always happen when I revisited that place at similar times of day:confused:

Just done mine, going to jump in and see how the density is.

*edit - wow! Should have been like that from the start, I set my Car Density to 1.3 and it's like a proper city, loads of traffic. Much fun!

Is it just more populated on sp or mp as well? I like the sound of this, will also give it a shot.

Any performance hits?

Is it just more populated on sp or mp as well? I like the sound of this, will also give it a shot.

Any performance hits?

Not tried MP but defo a lot more dense in SP.

Performance wise I'm seeing dips in the high 40's with my settings to a drop of around 12fps in heavy traffic.

Just came across the Hippy Outpost, damn those naturists can shoot!

Some very good races last night, a particular highlight being when you rammed Crispy to go first so I hunted you down and wiped you out :D

Hehe my two favourites were that street race where we were so intent on obliterating each other the first corner only robofishy managed to make the turn :D. Or the old school airfield race where you cut across the track to wipe me out :D.

Not tried MP but defo a lot more dense in SP.

Performance wise I'm seeing dips in the high 40's with my settings to a drop of around 12fps in heavy traffic.

Just came across the Hippy Outpost, damn those naturists can shoot!

Suppose that's to be expected. I just set mine to 1.4 and loaded it up and its awesome! Much more variation of cars. I will try get a screenshot later of a junction - there were a lot of cars around including parked.

Definitly going to stick with my original SweetFX - Quentins. two screenshots below(just resized them):
140hr86.jpg

6glk4h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom