***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Alright! up and running GTA Online nw the servers have settled. Everythign is on High on my 6950, so gonna push for that upgrade this week.

GTAO is already full of "REKT" "U MAD" "GO BAK TO PASSIVE MODE NUB" which is great.

Soldato
Ordered from Green man gaming last night, not received any code or confirmation. Yet which is really odd as I was hoping to pre load it for tonight.

Also is anyone playing on a mobile platform.?

I have an i4700 and 860m 2gb maxwell, anyone running similar?

Did your coundown timer expire?

The first time I tried to buy it I left it too long at the stage where I had to enter card details. Clicked buy and just got booted back to homepage.

Was unsure as the work PC blocks a lot of flash content, so I waited an hour or so and nothing came through. Went back and tried again, making sure I confirmed the order within the 15min countdown. Confirmation email came immediately and the game was added to "my games" in GMG immediately too - and the key code was visible in my GMG account so I just copied and pasted into the social club website when I selected to preload the game.

Caporegime
Im not really into GTA but considering buying this for only £20 to jump on the hype train.

Will it run at 60fps on high, 1080p with an i5 750, 4gb ram and radeon 7970.

I'd imagine it would unless your cpu holds you back.

Awesome game man buy it!!!! buy it damn you! how can this game look better than ?GT?Aiv by miles and still run miles better than gtaiv ?!?"??!?!?!!

SORCERY I TELL YOU

Soldato
Quick question that will probably get missed.

I have a PS2 Pad and a USB convertor for the PC, is this likely to work or is it Xbox controllers only?

Caporegime
right well turning of all the "advanced graphics" has improved my fps massively, getting constant 60 fps now with maxed out graphics except no MSAA or reflection MSAA.

Soldato
Quick question that will probably get missed.

I have a PS2 Pad and a USB convertor for the PC, is this likely to work or is it Xbox controllers only?

xpad software might work.

I've had 3 crashes so far... All just generic 'This program has had to close' bs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Downloaded and installed and started. £19 nuuvem key works great. Obviously no region lock.

Wont get to play till tomorrow though because of work and other plans :(

Caporegime
From my quick blast before work, keyboard is really difficult to control cars but mouse is amazing for shooting. Going to be using my Xbox one pad for driving definitely.

I find car driving pretty fun with the keyboard, walking around etc sucks though would rather have a pad for that.

might nip in to town and buy one tbh

DVD version has arrived, can't wait to finish work :)

Not sure how my single 280x is going to handle this, hopefully OK
Handles it fine man, runs great at 60fps and looks great on the default settings the game chooses for that card which seems to be mainly high settings.

seriously runs miles better than gtaiv did this is a proper PC game not some crappy port like last time.

Unless your cpu holds you back then you get 60fps no prob

Last edited:
Associate
I am gonna blast this tonight, played a hour last night on SP.

I am hoping i can just swap between 360pad and K+M when in and out of cars without to much issue. Hate driving with K+M

Soldato
I'm interested to know as I have a £25 voucher to use also so makes sense using it for the hard copy version. Let us know
Still installing on DVD # 4 now still over 3 to go about same time as my 80mb FTTC would take. I reckon its about 1.5 hours max at this rate.

Do not wait to order the retail version either I think the price goes back up to full RRP soon which is £49.99 :eek:

Associate
I find car driving pretty fun with the keyboard, walking around etc sucks though would rather have a pad for that.

might nip in to town and buy one tbh

Handles it fine man, runs great at 60fps and looks great on the default settings the game chooses for that card which seems to be mainly high settings.

seriously runs miles better than gtaiv did this is a proper PC game not some crappy port like last time.

Unless your cpu holds you back then you get 60fps no prob

Walking about in first person mode just feels right. I need to tweak a couple of the settings when I get home from work but for the most part the controls are great on keyboard and mouse!

Associate
I'd imagine it would unless your cpu holds you back.
Awesome game man buy it!!!! buy it damn you! how can this game look better than ?GT?Aiv by miles and still run miles better than gtaiv ?!?"??!?!?!!
SORCERY I TELL YOU

If it runs between 40-60fps that will do me

right well turning of all the "advanced graphics" has improved my fps massively, getting constant 60 fps now with maxed out graphics except no MSAA or reflection MSAA.

Interesting, you have a slightly better rig than me but im running my i5 750 at stock.

Back
Top Bottom