***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Seems I was a bit too optimistic about being able to run this game almost maxed on 4gb ram, it stutters quite badly;/ Ram usage hovers around 3700-3900mb but I've read that many people get stuttering even with 8gb ram... What would be the best settings to turn down without significantly compromising the game's visuals?

Caporegime
is there anyway to change the file location of the game? I stupidely downloaded/set it up in the root of one of my drives instead of creating a specific folder for it (ie GTA V) so my drive is a mess now. I tried moving it to its own folder on the same drive but when i started it, Social Club tried to download it all again so i had to put it back where it was :(

Soldato
if you got 4gb should be fine not looked at it my self but got everything at max and not one crash yet but if you have less could be a problem

Crossfire works fine. Game reports I have 8GB of video memory and using 5GB~ of it (2.5GB).

I'm fairly sure I'm using under 3GB of VRAM @ 1440p so I would say any 3GB card is easily enough for 1080p

I did have to alt-tab first time playing to get it to play full screen but no issue since and I do restart after making settings changes. Thisk its just the game, to be honest the textures arent all that great either on highest setting.

Im using about 2.4GB (would increase close to 3Gb with a couple settings turned up more) according to afterburner on my 3Gb 7950.

With everything max at 1080p according to afterburner I was using 3.2/3.3GB

Thanks for all the replies chaps! I need to get something to replace the gtx 680 I'm borrowing! Certainly can't max stuff with it as I'm at 1.8gb of vram usage already!

The questions is whether to buy a 3.5gb usable 970, an ATI card, or wait for the ATI 3 series!

Soldato
Thanks for all the replies chaps! I need to get something to replace the gtx 680 I'm borrowing! Certainly can't max stuff with it as I'm at 1.8gb of vram usage already!

The questions is whether to buy a 3.5gb usable 970, an ATI card, or wait for the ATI 3 series!

I think that depends on how badly you want to have it running well and how soon. The 970 seems to be fine for 1080 but I personlly would not advise one. I'd wait or get a 980

Soldato
Framerate seems quite inconsistent. Using Geforce Experience optimised settings and fps going from 60 down to mid 40's (even occasionally to 30) and back up to 60. This usually occurs during driving.

Using a 970 with a 4790k at 4.7ghz. Not tried it on my Titan X/ Rog Swift system yet.

May well be a texture streaming issue as I have it installed on a mech drive for time being until I can get myself a larger ssd for this system.

Soldato
Apparently i have a heist to do in sp with michael. I hope its not mandatory because i hate complex setup missions that take ages to do. I mean ill give the first one a go but so far it sounds overly complicated and will take too long (very short attention span).

Underboss
OP
Good laughs tonight.

Dipped my toe in the world of heists, having no idea what I was doing was interesting. They take ages, loads of prep work. Think I need to spend a full day doing them as it was a little rushed.

Being chased by 2 jets in a cessna was interesting, then the best bit of the night, jumping out of the plane with no team lives left to hear Hazard go "I don't know how to open my parachute...sorry chaps" splat.

Brilliant fun! Think I'm just going to stick to normal MP stuff until I can rank up enough to buy decent armour etc. would have been much easier, me and Hazard are both low ranks and it was a struggle not getting killed!

Soldato
Apparently i have a heist to do in sp with michael. I hope its not mandatory because i hate complex setup missions that take ages to do. I mean ill give the first one a go but so far it sounds overly complicated and will take too long (very short attention span).

If that's the first one it will be the jewellery store one, it's a lot of fun.... oh look a squirrel!

Soldato
Why oh why did I buy the ****ing Rockstar version instead of the Steam one?

Download 60gb on a 1meg connection over an entire day, seems one of the downloaded files is corrupt. No way of telling which file it is, because on a 60gb download why would you possibly need some kind of verification tool? Only option... redownload 60gb.

Soldato
Good laughs tonight.

Dipped my toe in the world of heists, having no idea what I was doing was interesting. They take ages, loads of prep work. Think I need to spend a full day doing them as it was a little rushed.

Being chased by 2 jets in a cessna was interesting, then the best bit of the night, jumping out of the plane with no team lives left to hear Hazard go "I don't know how to open my parachute...sorry chaps" splat.

Brilliant fun! Think I'm just going to stick to normal MP stuff until I can rank up enough to buy decent armour etc. would have been much easier, me and Hazard are both low ranks and it was a struggle not getting killed!

I dipped online briefly but had no idea how to find you guys! So done a few missions in SP.

Game running flawlessly :cool: No crashes or anything in 5 hours play.

Back
Top Bottom