• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Thanks ill do exactly that:)

Also what stresstester should i use after everytime i increase my overclocks?

Edit: You used heaven in the background just constatly running?
Is that in window mode aswell?

i recommend tropics instead of heaven

i know it sounds weird as Tropics is not as intensive as heaven but with my 470s/570s tropics crashed at an unstable overclock while heaven and 3dmark 11 didnt

just max tropics out and if it can run continually for 45mins to 1 hour then your stable

Caporegime
OP
Given the guys on OCN and that Chinese guy have managed to clock to and over 1.1ghz core, these could be very interesting indeed.

Re the PCBs, the Gigabyte Windforce 3X uses Gigabytes own GTX 680 pcb, so as long as chips etc are still in the same place you should be able to fit 680 blocks on there. EK will probably update his to say the 670s are compatible any way.

Soldato
Re the PCBs, the Gigabyte Windforce 3X uses Gigabytes own GTX 680 pcb, so as long as chips etc are still in the same place you should be able to fit 680 blocks on there. EK will probably update his to say the 670s are compatible any way.

I've just got home and had a good long look at the 680 windforce 3X, its identical in every way to the 670 3X. Which is compatible with the EK FC680 blocks. Happy days :D

Also the GTX670 store header has now been removed, must be getting it ready for the 10th.

Edit: I'm gonna need a back plate to hide that PCB too :p

Last edited:
Associate
I'd be pretty miffed if i'd blew a load of money on a 680 on release..

Yep a little :) nevermind, my 680 clocks to within a smidge of 1300mhz on boost and 6500 on mem and it cost £400 on the day of release so it's not all bad.

I guess it all comes down to pricing, and we have yet to see the true RRP for the UK. If they are in the £330 mark, 670 SLI looks very tempting.

I think most of us would have expected a larger performance gap given Nvidia's history.

Soldato
Yep a little :) nevermind, my 680 clocks to within a smidge of 1300mhz on boost and 6500 on mem and it cost £400 on the day of release so it's not all bad.

I guess it all comes down to pricing, and we have yet to see the true RRP for the UK. If they are in the £330 mark, 670 SLI looks very tempting.

I think most of us would have expected a larger performance gap given Nvidia's history.

Well they can't really cut back much spec wise on the 670, I mean past generations the top card had a bigger bus, more memory, more ROPS, the fact the 680 comes in with a 256 bit bus and 32 ROPs means Nvidia can't really cut down the specs that much for the 670 without destroying it performance wise.

Just goes to show that the 680 was probably never intended as the top card untill Nvidia got eyes on the 7970s performance.

Even so I will look to bag a 670 ASAP.

Permabanned
pgi947;21866968 Edit: I'm gonna need a back plate to hide that PCB too :p[/QUOTE said:
Great idea! Help me find one if I go for that model.

But I'll take an EVGA full length PCB one instead if theres one with an 8 + 6 pin connector, or a similar MSI twinfrozr, but I dont think there will be.

Back
Top Bottom