Official Home Gym Building Thread

Soldato
Yeah thats an understatement!, pricey doesnt quite do it justice :D super nice kit though.
Yeah.I think its worth it if the opportunity is there. It really transforms home gym into gym.

The squat rack and smith are the best I've EVER used including commercial stuff!

Soldato
Yeah.I think its worth it if the opportunity is there. It really transforms home gym into gym.

The squat rack and smith are the best I've EVER used including commercial stuff!
Theres a lot i would do first with the money before i chuck that much in to equipment. Like rebuild my garage ;)

Soldato
im happy with mine. attached to my cage.
Glad to read that. After I placed my order I had a look through this thread and there was mention of some issues with the lower pulley. I reckon I'll be more than happy, especially considering the alternative was twice the price in the ATX machine. I'll be mounting mine to the wall.

Soldato
Glad to read that. After I placed my order I had a look through this thread and there was mention of some issues with the lower pulley. I reckon I'll be more than happy, especially considering the alternative was twice the price in the ATX machine. I'll be mounting mine to the wall.
I've only used 40kg on it but not had any pulley issues

Soldato
Theres a lot i would do first with the money before i chuck that much in to equipment. Like rebuild my garage ;)

Yup everyones means and budgets are different but if Watson is within the price range - its well worth it. If the money is a lot of you can do something better with it - obv better to do that.

I've had a play with mirafit, lived with Iron King.. and it was all really good stuff for the money paid. I was always sceptical about Watson, Rogue etc. being worth the price tag but in my experience, it flat out is. The machines feel better than ones I've used in gyms in the past decade which says something. I always struggled with my old home gym as it felt like a home gym and not a gym. Since the new kit is in, it feels like a gym IMO.

The rack is in a different class. its just immovable. whilst the other racks, although great, would shake if you shaked them hard etc.

Picking up a new dumbell rack this weekend. My current one is ergonomically awful. Can't wait. Then getting a waterrower & concept 2 for a bit of cardio variation (treadmill, punch bag, rowing machine, bike). I've asked a guy on facebook to bespoke make it 2.2M long with barbell strorage 4 tiers and storage drawers and to only be 40cm depth. Reason being I have dumbbels 2.5kg to 40kg and about to sign a deal on 42.5kg to 50kg.

Only other upgrade in the pipeline is Watson stainless steel plates. £1.1k+ is very expensive tho so I might leave it for now.

Any idea on outdoor kit worth getting which looks nice/decorative? I have a pretty big front and back garden and my front garden is very private (has a big gate and wall) so I could do with some kit I could use in that sometimes.

Soldato
Unsure if allowed, but i posted earlier that i'd build my own tib bar. I've ended up buying an "Iron Shin" which allows a few extra exercises.

If anyone wants the tib bar give me a shout. @Syla5 i think you seemed interested at one point.
Thanks for the offer I think you’re a bit far to make it worth while. How are you getting on with the iron shin?

Soldato
Had a cracking 3 weeks away driving around portugal and spain.
Come home to find my GYM has been burgled.
Theyve taken a 7ft Barbel. Over 200kg of plates. Drop pads. Mountain bike and turbo trainer my Sonos Move and 24 Gpus out of my mining rigs.....

Asshats.

Suppose its an excuse to go shopping again though

Man of Honour
Theyve taken a 7ft Barbel. Over 200kg of plates. Drop pads. Mountain bike and turbo trainer my Sonos Move and 24 Gpus out of my mining rigs.....

Asshats.

How annoying. It’s always a worry of mine. The most they’d be able to take is the bar and plates and my wife tells me our insurance covers it. I hope that being in a small gazebo they’d not even think to look in there as it just looks like a patio covered sitting area. Good luck if anyone comes into my property while I’m in the gym :p

What’s the cost of gun equipment like now?

Soldato
How annoying. It’s always a worry of mine. The most they’d be able to take is the bar and plates and my wife tells me our insurance covers it. I hope that being in a small gazebo they’d not even think to look in there as it just looks like a patio covered sitting area. Good luck if anyone comes into my property while I’m in the gym :p

What’s the cost of gun equipment like now?
In all they have about £13k away at retail... Turns out the max claim i can make is £5k as its classed as an outbuilding...
So I'm down a fair chunk.

Man of Honour
In all they have about £13k away at retail... Turns out the max claim i can make is £5k as its classed as an outbuilding...
So I'm down a fair chunk.

Ah, I missed the final items taken, I think my head just assumed gym equipment. That is incredibly annoying.

We have a few retired/work from home neighbours, combined with alarms and cctv I hope it would deter all but the most determined of knobs.

Soldato

Asshats.

wow wtf. That must have taken a lot of "manpower" no pun intended in order to steal all of that!!

Do you have any CCTV camera's?

This makes me worried in building a outbuilding and using that as a gym/man cave.

Man cave being having lots of expensive eqipment like pc's tv's and other gaming tech gadgets..

Soldato
CCTV only covered the front of the house. And only only recorded for 2 weeks... Over written the 1st week.
Thats all been sorted now. 12tb and extra cameras.
We think theyve come over the back wall that backs onto another street. So just handballed it.. We have our suspicions it may have been the occupants of the house at the bottom of our garden (2 flats and recent new tennants) They can see into our property and obviously curtains closed for a few weeks and lack of dogs in the garden may have given it away.

I'm looking at adding more security now (now the horse has bolted)
Might just go with a ring system... Alarm and floodlights... Bit of a deterrent and I'll be notified next time

Man of Honour
CCTV only covered the front of the house. And only only recorded for 2 weeks... Over written the 1st week.
We think theyve come over the back wall that backs onto another street. So just handballed it.. We have our suspicions it may have been the occupants of the house at the bottom of our garden (2 flats and recent new tennants) They can see into our property and obviously curtains closed for a few weeks and lack of dogs in the garden may have given it away.

Might just go with a ring system... Alarm and floodlights... Bit of a deterrent and I'll be notified next time

Still worth doing or they may just come back. Can you add anything to the back wall - defensive plants or anything on the top?

Soldato

Yea do it. install some of those smart type cameras that auto detech movement and only record that.

Soldato
Still worth doing or they may just come back. Can you add anything to the back wall - defensive plants or anything on the top?
We've been putting off doing the garden but it's now jumped up the list. Will be adding a decent sized fence, And some Deterrent landscaping...... And maybe some "Vietcong style traps"

Back
Top Bottom