• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Intel Haswell Thread***

Permabanned
8 Pack +1
In few cases i found allot of good info on RoG MB forums. Hints and stuff about bios versions what works what does not :D

Tis is why i am sticking to RoG ones myself :p And they are Red/black only colors i use in house car ect :p

Associate
Intel seems to be marketing Haswell to be better then its previous chips but looking at prices I think thats a load of bs. A 3970X is at least a $1000 while the 4770K is reportedly around $368.

Soldato
Intel seems to be marketing Haswell to be better then its previous chips but looking at prices I think thats a load of bs. A 3970X is at least a $1000 while the 4770K is reportedly around $368.

3970X is a 6 core CPU where 4770K is 4 cores - that's the price premium. Hex core is extreme enthusiasts and professionals only, really ^^

Up against an Ivy Bridge i7, everything points to Haswell being a few % better here and there. Not leaps and bounds, but an incremental improvement at least.

Caporegime
Soldato
Asus boards look lovely, especially fancy going micro ATX - but no old school PCI slots anymore? Perhaps my faithful Creative X-Fi has finally reached end of life... I'll miss ya buddy :(

Back
Top Bottom