Official Kings Gauntlet OcUk List Thread

Soldato
I guess we should have our cruncher up and running at least 12h (if not 24h) before so that the delay between finishing a unit and being give the points is even between the start and finish of the two weeks.

I not surgesting that units should be stashed - but were not talking about standford and they semi-accurate 1h updates here (it took 48h for my first and only 24h of crunching to be valadated)

Associate
Well my telecom company didn't let me down so i now have internet at home so my home crunchers have started up again in preparation, got a fairly nice boost to my points when i connected as all the work they had done during the move got credited :), almost like the old stashing days, however i thought it best to play fair and dump it before the challange started.

Berserker, by the way teamocuk.com doesn't seem to have updated since monday??

Man of Honour
OP
I've got some work todo this weekend, at the moment I would guage that I am currently running at 1/3 potential output :) Hope by Sunday morning to be up to 100% ready to take on the baddies :p

Soldato
what's the deal with late comer crunching under registered users accounts.
apart from not earning the points themselves - It's no different to having an indervidual farm (or is it?).

If allowed I for one have no problem with teaming up with others - will only be using the one PC anyway and the shadowscotland account is only for the Gauntlet.

what do people think?

- in other news I've droped my volts and tightened my ram timing (knocked a second of my 1m sPi time to 20sec and at 55c (coretemp) full load - don't bad for a passive system :D)

edit: just complete some stability test so crunching S@h full time for now on

Am I allowed to add extra computers? Do I need to make them visible?

During the Gauntlet you are allowed to add extra computers. This will create a race element, and will result in more science being done. Also you do not need to make your computers visible.

quote from rules so the official answer is yes - so if anyone want to join my ID you are most welcome :)

Last edited:
Associate
what's the deal with late comer crunching under registered users accounts.
apart from not earning the points themselves - It's no different to having an indervidual farm (or is it?).

If allowed I for one have no problem with teaming up with others - will only be using the one PC anyway and the shadowscotland account is only for the Gauntlet.

what do people think?

- in other news I've droped my volts and tightened my ram timing (knocked a second of my 1m sPi time to 20sec and at 55c (coretemp) full load - don't bad for a passive system :D)

edit: just complete some stability test so crunching S@h full time for now on

quote from rules so the official answer is yes - so if anyone want to join my ID you are most welcome :)

I would be up for adding my PC to your account for the Gauntlet....

I would only be able to add my own PC tho (e6600 @3GHz) but it get's through 2 WU's (1per core) in around 2hrs and is on nearly 24hrs a day atm.

I just don't know how to do it....

If you want me to add it plz advise on how to do it and I will get it done asap!

Cheers, Doug.

Man of Honour
OP
Oops just realised this starts on Sunday! not monday.. *doh* better get a move on with that WC build .... pant pant

Associate
Shadowscotland & 8733174 are the what, no idea on the how. (I far to new to know :p)
Oh and welcome aboard the good ship SS :D

Edit: tools/account manager would be my guess :o

I think you'll need SS's email address and chosen password.

To use mine for example you'd just go to attach to project then select Seti then type in my email and password.

If your already running Seti this I should imagine would just change your assigned account and you can then change it back in the same way afterwards.

This is all estimated, generally you wouldn't want to change your PC's to different accounts as that wouldn't help your own score :p

Back
Top Bottom