Official Kings Gauntlet OcUk List Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Good onya! :D

Once its starts to flow its not too bad with the points I find, it can be a bit confusing at first but it events out in the end.

Man of Honour
I managed to crash about 4-5 F@H WUs during the switchover. On one of my PCs if I kill the client or do anything it simply refuses to restart until I wipe the WU clean off the system. At least one other died when the network went down on my Linux box, and in resetting it, the date ended up at Dec 28 (well past the deadline).

Still, two of the three difficult PCs (one of the two Linux boxen and the Mac, are borged, and I can mirror the Linux config from one box to the other as they both have Core2 CPUs in them).

Letting one PC run to at least make my RAC exist, but the others can go back to Folding. Don't want to give too much away before the real thing now, do I? :D

Man of Honour
OP
Heh, a day too late, and what with the thread being 17 days old and all.. well that'll teach you for being so slack about visiting us.. *snif* not that we feel miffed or neglected or anything :p

Associate
The Gauntlet will go on

I am very dissapointed that FilmFreak doesn't show himself more on the S@NL-forum.
The last post from him was on october 19, that's 12 days ago.

I promise you all: I will not let this gauntlet end before it started.

If FilmFreak does not report back I have a kind of backup available.

There won't be any personal stats, but I can manage to produce the team results every day and make a nice graph like I the one I made for the RAC's in this thread.

If I am forced to take over, then:
  1. Any team that wants to split up, is allowed to do so.
  2. No single team is forced to split up.
  3. Overclockers.com will get a muliplier so there will be something to compete for them. Maybe one or two other teams will get a multiplier too. It depends a little wether teams are voluntary splitting up.
  4. Tell me if and how you are going to split up your team before friday 23.00 GMT
  5. The teams of Paddy's in Space and Ireland will be brought together in one new team.
  6. All members that are listed in my thread are in.
  7. No new members will be added to this list.

So prepare yourself for the Gauntlet.

I will have to do some work to arrange for this, so I hope that Berkeley won't disappoint me too. :D

Furthermore, I hope FilmFreak returns so all can go on the way it was meant to be.
In that case it will be FilmFreak again that makes the rules.

I hope you all agrea. Let's have a good time.

Man of Honour
You do know there's more than one person with access to a stats site, don't you? :)

If it comes to it, I'll try and do something with Team OcUK to bring you some personal stats. Given that I'll only be able to work on this at the weekend, I doubt I will be able to do it in time for the start, but that doesn't matter as all the data is available anyway. If you can make available a list of teams, BOINC IDs and starting scores on Saturday, that would be a great help. If you can make the list of teams and BOINC IDs available sooner that would help too, but I can extract it from your S@NL thread, I think.

Team OcUK may die next February due to financial (and time) issues, but if it can be of use between now and then, then why not.

Only caveat - my stats update at 2AM-ish from the SETI@home XML - i.e. they're not real-time. This would mean the end of Gauntlet stats would also have to be done manually and the values overridden on my site in order for it to display the correct results.

Long live the Gauntlet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom